Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ads whose theme song ripped off actual songs.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

There are so, so many commercials that steal the original, usually classic, song or adapt it with piss poor so called music (talent).  The list is endless and mind boggling.
...A condom commercial?...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 3:03pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by atikovi atikovi wrote:

Don't really hate them but always surprised to learn the song wasn't written for the product being advertised but is a song the advertiser used to create the ad. This "Hungry Eyes" is the latest one I've noticed. Never imagined it was an actual song until Googling it. 

So how about a list of other ads that knockoff an existing tune?

Confused

I REALLY have to ask what country you are from? This really has been going on in the United States of Americo for decades - pretty much 'standard operating practice'
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 3:56pm
This county, not originally, but since a kid. Guess I assumed the ad makers created the songs to fit their commercials most of the time. I mean, there must be a gazillion songs out there and to listen to many of them to find one to complement your product would take a very long time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic