Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mazda CX-5 individually hand crafted by artists?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mazda CX-5 individually hand crafted by artists?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mazda CX-5 individually hand crafted by artists?
    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 6:27am
So, if you watch this pretentious nonsense and if you're a truly gullible idiot, you'll come away believing that in the Mazda assembly plant, there are these darkened rooms where old world Oriental Craftsmen slowly and lovingly hand cut and stitch the coverings for each and every piece of upholstery in every car that rolls off the assembly line, from the seats to the steering wheels, putting every ounce of their love, passion, skill and devotion to their craft into each and every one.

Or would a more realistic scenario be that these upholstery components are actually produced by bored, hourly drone workers who drive in every day from the local suburbs, to toil away their days in a large, noisy, brightly lit, industrial upholstery department with dozens upon dozens of other hourly employees, each of whom has been trained to specialize in one and only one phase of the production process, their work stations equipped with the latest, most sophisticated, automated, electronic computer operated equipment which does most of the detailed work for them?

Having worked in similar production environments myself, I would assume that the latter scenario is much closer to reality.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 8:58am
Kind of like those "artisan" food products of several years ago.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 11:38am
Yep.

"Artisan bread" being the main thing that comes to mind...

Just look at those skilled artisans honing their craft!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 12:33pm
And here I thought they hired Ricardo Mantalban for this kind of work...  Confused 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 12:47pm
Last I heard of Ricardo, he was living in Corinthia leading a movement to save the Corinthian cows from being slaughtered for their hides which then get used to make fine, Corinthian leather.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 12:57pm
LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 1:18pm
I often can like people a whole lot more if I don't need to hear them...after that, they may have to learn to hate me a little bit more.
Steph Curry is certainly one.
Boy was so much better off keeping his mouth shut.
~~'Hand-Crafted', eh?~~
ConfusedA good friend of mine (up at The Den) had to show me his 'Hand Crafted' auto.
A Nissan GT-R.
It is truly 'Hand Crafted by Artists', then the artists strong-arm rob their victims.
Only 5 people on earth build the engines - by hand. Most of the rest of the car was built by hand. A real labor of love sold at a sinful price (about $120K, with his options).
This critter goes from 0 to 60 in something absurd...like 3 seconds.

I used to get bicycles out of dumpsters and rebuild them - put them back on the road.
They never went 60, but I felt like *I* breathed some hand-crafted life into old trash and made it usable, once again.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

A good friend of mine (up at The Den) had to show me his 'Hand Crafted' auto.
A Nissan GT-R.
It is truly 'Hand Crafted by Artists', then the artists strong-arm rob their victims.
Only 5 people on earth build the engines - by hand. Most of the rest of the car was built by hand. A real labor of love sold at a sinful price (about $120K, with his options).
This critter goes from 0 to 60 in something absurd...like 3 seconds.

I've seen them.

Ugliest piece of over-priced crap on the road.

Nissan should've made sure their so-called "artists" weren't drunk or on drugs when they came up with the design for this thing.

Obviously the concept centers around separating prestige hungry fools from their money.

Anyone who would piss away over $100k on something like that must have serious self esteem issues.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 2:44pm
From the rear, they do remind one of what a child of a Chevy Impala (a few years back with the large round taillights) and a Nissan concept car.
I would think one would have to rent some time at a race track to properly blow this thing out once it has been properly broken in - sure can't do it on any street. It will outrun anything else, period.
Yea, I cannot see any need for one of these to exist.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 5:33pm
PostImage is down for maintenance, it looks like a pretty badass machine.

Handcrafted
From start to finish, each GT-R engine is handcrafted by its own master engine-builder in a climate-controlled "clean room." Each twin-turbo V6 is precisely assembled from lightweight, highly durable aluminum and magnesium parts. It takes the exacting standards of the planet's most talented and devoted engine builders to produce the engine that has redefined what a supercar can be.

https://www.nissanusa.com/sportscars/gt-r

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

And here I thought they hired Ricardo Mantalban for this kind of work...  Confused 

LOL

I think Herve made an appearance in one of the Bond movies. Ricardo had a great role in one of the original Star Trek movies. Fake chest and all. LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 5:53pm
So I wonder if by "handcrafted engine", they mean that every single part including the engine block, cylinder head, pistons, connecting rods, valves, crankshaft, camshaft, etc, etc, etc are all hand sculpted and formed from raw blocks of steel or aluminum, or if those parts are all mass prefabbed and then HAND ASSEMBLED by these master engine builders.

Kinda takes a bit of the shine off of it I think.

Not so sure I'd want an aluminum engine anyway.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

So I wonder if by "handcrafted engine", they mean that every single part including the engine block, cylinder head, pistons, connecting rods, valves, crankshaft, camshaft, etc, etc, etc are all hand sculpted and formed from raw blocks of steel or aluminum, or if those parts are all mass prefabbed and then HAND ASSEMBLED by these master engine builders.

Kinda takes a bit of the shine off of it I think.

Close tolerances and precise measurements have been crucial to long engine life and performance for a hundred years.  There are some things that have to be done by a machine. The machines have gotten better, so have these light weight, more durable materials.  I, like most of the people around this forum, don't have 100K + to throw at a vehicle for transportation.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

The aluminum is machined, but it is an impressive sight.
I also am not a fan of aluminum engines - I had one in a Toyota Cressida and it warped.
End of Cressida.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 10:28pm
Artistically crafted MY ASS!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic