Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toyota Camry - What a Wonderful World (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toyota Camry - What a Wonderful World (video)
    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 9:45pm
Argh!  If only this woman had told her husband to slow the f*ck down instead of staring all doe-eyed at her bowl-haired moppet.  And the breathy-voiced "What a Wonderful World" doesn't help.  

Some of the comments on youtube say that this ad is "powerful."  Whatever they're smoking, I want some!

(whispery voice) "Ah see treeeees of greeeeeeeen"  VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM "red roses too..." VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!!!!

smh

"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Sponsored Links

grewupinwrongera View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grewupinwrongera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 9:56pm
Couldn't agree more.

Funny, after first seeing this awful commercial, I logged in to Youtube to see if majority of people out there had the same thoughts.

As you found, most people thought the remake of this song was "revolutionary".

In conclusion, the majority of people are idiots.
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 11:06pm
A lot of recent car commercials are sound dubbing race cars to go along with their not so loud little mid-size vehicles as they race by in camera.
There's a sucker born every minute.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 11:30pm
Ah that mushy cafe' chick singer..shes on gum ads, this one and dozens of other misbegotten music ads..MAKE IT STOP
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 7:44am
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

Argh!  If only this woman had told her husband to slow the f*ck down instead of staring all doe-eyed at her bowl-haired moppet.  And the breathy-voiced "What a Wonderful World" doesn't help.  

Some of the comments on youtube say that this ad is "powerful."  Whatever they're smoking, I want some!

(whispery voice) "Ah see treeeees of greeeeeeeen"  VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM "red roses too..." VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!!!!

smh

I hate this ad too but more because of the fact that they pulled the almost-hit-a-deer trope.  I hate that they involved those sweet innocent deer in their commercial and even suggested that the deer could have been hit.  But for the fact that they were riding in a Toyota.  Give me a break!

The bolded parts are also totally annoying.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 7:46am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

Ah that mushy cafe' chick singer..shes on gum ads, this one and dozens of other misbegotten music ads..MAKE IT STOP
I hate that too.  At least we don't have to look at her.  Sing your own damn song, Sunshine, and leave the classics to the pros!
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 2:38am
I think that the good people in the RV were the ones who saved the deer by prudently stopping - it was the Oblivious Camry Family that nearly piled into the back of the RV.  And those can be some of the most dramatic wrecks - VROOM, VROOM - - HOLY CRAP, KA-BOOM!! like a house exploding on the highway.   
So with automatic braking, and things like "lane correction" warning systems, cars are now even safer for perfect idiots who really should not be driving in the first place.  Simple Driving 101:  Stay in your lane.  Watch for other vehicles.  Look at the road, minimize distractions, and for God's sake, don't natter mindlessly with the kids at the expense of watching the road in front of you, and making it dangerous for the rest of us.   Angry    This ad panders to oblivious, incompetent drivers and makes it all seem perfectly OK.   And the stupid, breathy music makes it exponentially worse!!AngryAngryAngryAngry
CapeCat
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 3:04pm
Toyota is the GEICO of car ads..there 3D spinning globe at the end is always filled with either miscreants (Pat, Jan) or poorly thought out 'schemes'(fairy tales 'updated' withK-rap music)
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 3:16pm
I am so sick of these ads with the sappy crap remakes, background music. These voices drive me nuts!
This one - which thankfully hasn't aired in over a year - is still #1 on my sh*tlist.

A close second is still airing constantly, the ad for Taltz. That background wussy background music, the goofball soothing narration of "a touching moment" screwed up because of your plaque psoriasis.

All the car ads now promoting automatic brake features...this one COULD be realistic, unless the a hole was tailgating that Winnebago.

Other ads with drivers that seem to be speeding through city streets and almost taking out a pedestrian...Nice example of the feature but JC, slow the hell down pay attention to the damn road! Both of you! I guess they are simulating real life world..filled with reckless drivers and morons starting into their phones "hitting likes" on Snapchat and Facebook. 

Yeah...what a wonderful world! Confused

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

smh

How utterly NAUSEATING!!!!

Take away: If you drive a Camry little baby forrest creatures will be saved from death!!!!

Give.

Me.

A.

Fūcking.

Break.

(Side note: at least they didn't use the Louis Armstrong version like they usually do when trying to pander to the touchy-feely types)

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 1:03am
^ Louis Armstrong's classic version would have been better than listening to this hipster/hippie chick breath-filled drivel.

I agree, the driver of the Toyota is an asshat for putting his family at risk, endangering the local wildlife and almost slamming into an RV.  Hard to miss seeing a Winnebago in front of you!  
StoningtonQB View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StoningtonQB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 5:34pm
I love how he continued to drive like a complete asshole seconds after he nearly killed his entire family.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 5:54pm
I may have to update the 'Values.com' thread. I've been throwing up in my mouth, a little bit, a lot lately! Angry

Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:30pm
Another commercial where you have to watch,  "listen" to the whole FLUFF to figure what the hell their selling.  BTW, There have been several Louis Armstrong imitators on adds recently to enhance his sounds for the best in quality.  No royalty's have to be paid in this case.
There's a sucker born every minute.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 1:42am
The car just came to an instant stop from about 60 mph, and the kid is oblivious, with a stupid grin on his face looking at the deer, as if his head hadn't just lurched forward at near impact. They are, in effect, claiming that your kids won't even feel the deceleration forces. 
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 2:02am
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

The car just came to an instant stop from about 60 mph, and the kid is oblivious, with a stupid grin on his face looking at the deer, as if his head hadn't just lurched forward at near impact. They are, in effect, claiming that your kids won't even feel the deceleration forces. 

Good point!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic