Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

V8 Original (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V8 Original (video)
    Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 7:43pm
This commercial is so stupid, I use V8 to curb my hunger in the AM hours.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 7:50pm
The taste of that stuff just gags me....

Maybe if I heated it up and ate it like soup, I might like it.

But drinking it cold out of a bottle or a glass, I just can't do.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Virginia Dare II View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 7:56pm
When I was a youngster, before the earth's crust cooled,  V-8 was delicious stuff.  It's watered down veggie tinkle now.  Dead  And all the real nutrition has been cooked out of it.    I still use it to make my stuffed cabbage, though.  Wink  
" Pickle YOU...Kumquat !!"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:28pm
I bet it would be good to cook with.

I'd probably like it heated, but cold it's just gross.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 10:14pm
The last bottle of V-HATE I bought, I ended up making into Virgin(ia) Marys.   Tongue Lot of horseradish, lime juice,  tabasco, celery seed and woooostishishshire sauce.   It was good with all the doctorin ' !  
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 11:46pm
I bet a little soy sauce would zazz it up a bit.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 12:19am
Not to mention a couple shots of vodka and a whisper of sherry.   Thumbs Up
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 12:29am
Now you're talking!!!

Add a sprinkle of black pepper and a celery stalk and you're there!!!

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 12:35am
The trend nowadays is to "garnish" the bloody mary with a 6 course meal !   You have to hire a construction company with cranes and backhoes to dismantle the thing before you can lift the bucket and have a sip !    
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 2:03am
Originally posted by Virginia Dare II Virginia Dare II wrote:

When I was a youngster, before the earth's crust cooled,  V-8 was delicious stuff.  It's watered down veggie tinkle now.  Dead  And all the real nutrition has been cooked out of it.    I still use it to make my stuffed cabbage, though.  Wink 

I am about that age. I also liked V-8 as a child but I was a weird kid who liked vegetables. As an adult I usually purchased the half price store brand equivalent in the 64 ounce cans. About 10 years ago I purchased a 40? ounce bottle of V-8 and experienced the severe lack of taste. Later I purchased a bottle of V-8 Low sodium by mistake. No taste until I added salt. I even tried V-8 spicy. No peppers were harmed. About 6 years ago I discovered Langer's spicy vegetable juice. It is the real deal. Spice is Serrano peppers but is just a recognizable touch. For those needing to watch sodium intake. Per 8 ounce serving. V-8 low sodium= 470mg. Langer's spicy= 500mg. Regular V-8= 680mg. Cabbage rolls. Yummmm. During my 3 years in Southern California my 2 best friends were second generation US citizens. The first one Polish. His parents barely escaped the NAZIS. His Father served in the OSS (Office of Strategic Services)  during WW2 and was In the 1950s to 1970s an aerospace engineer. His Mother made the best cabbage rolls. The second one had a Sicilian Father and a Naples Mother. She could cook!  
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 2:24am
Originally posted by Virginia Dare II Virginia Dare II wrote:

The trend nowadays is to "garnish" the bloody mary with a 6 course meal !   You have to hire a construction company with cranes and backhoes to dismantle the thing before you can lift the bucket and have a sip!

Where do I go to get one???????

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 2:44am
I guess you just Google "Loaded Bloody Marys" and gas up your car !  That actually sounds like a fun time.    Clap
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 3:06am
Back to the topic...that Muscle Headed Lugnut  looks ridiculous !  And it appears  he's practicing his "alone time" in public, too.   Ewww ! LOL
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

[QUOTE=Virginia Dare II]When I was a youngster, before the earth's crust cooled,  V-8 was delicious stuff.  It's watered down veggie tinkle now.  Dead  And all the real nutrition has been cooked out of it.    I still use it to make my stuffed cabbage, though.  Wink 

I am about that age. I also liked V-8 as a child but I was a weird kid who liked vegetables. As an adult I usually purchased the half price store brand equivalent in the 64 ounce cans. About 10 years ago I purchased a 40? ounce bottle of V-8 and experienced the severe lack of taste. Later I purchased a bottle of V-8 Low sodium by mistake. No taste until I added salt. I even tried V-8 spicy. No peppers were harmed. About 6 years ago I discovered Langer's spicy vegetable juice. It is the real deal. Spice is Serrano peppers but is just a recognizable touch. For those needing to watch sodium intake. Per 8 ounce serving. V-8 low sodium= 470mg. Langer's spicy= 500mg. Regular V-8= 680mg. Cabbage rolls. Yummmm. During my 3 years in Southern California my 2 best friends were second generation US citizens. The first one Polish. His parents barely escaped the NAZIS. His Father served in the OSS (Office of Strategic Services)  during WW2 and was In the 1950s to 1970s an aerospace engineer. His Mother made the best cabbage rolls. The second one had a Sicilian Father and a Naples Mother. She could cook!     
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 11:46am
The best use I can think of for V8 and its 200 vile subtypes is to keep the sewers flowing!   

The worst use is to drink it.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 1:01pm

I am about that age. I also liked V-8 as a child but I was a weird kid who liked vegetables. As an adult I usually purchased the half price store brand equivalent in the 64 ounce cans. About 10 years ago I purchased a 40? ounce bottle of V-8 and experienced the severe lack of taste. Later I purchased a bottle of V-8 Low sodium by mistake. No taste until I added salt. I even tried V-8 spicy. No peppers were harmed. About 6 years ago I discovered Langer's spicy vegetable juice. It is the real deal.For those needing to watch sodium intake. Per 8 ounce serving. V-8 low sodium= 470mg. Langer's spicy= 500mg. Regular V-8= 680mg.

For those concerned with sodium intake but who want some extra flavor in bland, low-sodium foods, just use a salt substitute like Nu-Salt.

It's potassium, which your body needs anyway, and though it contains ZERO sodium, it tastes exactly like salt.

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 3:15pm
Not sure how I ended up with a duplicate post.Confused
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 5:39am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I am about that age. I also liked V-8 as a child but I was a weird kid who liked vegetables. As an adult I usually purchased the half price store brand equivalent in the 64 ounce cans. About 10 years ago I purchased a 40? ounce bottle of V-8 and experienced the severe lack of taste. Later I purchased a bottle of V-8 Low sodium by mistake. No taste until I added salt. I even tried V-8 spicy. No peppers were harmed. About 6 years ago I discovered Langer's spicy vegetable juice. It is the real deal.For those needing to watch sodium intake. Per 8 ounce serving. V-8 low sodium= 470mg. Langer's spicy= 500mg. Regular V-8= 680mg.

For those concerned with sodium intake but who want some extra flavor in bland, low-sodium foods, just use a salt substitute like Nu-Salt.

It's potassium, which your body needs anyway, and though it contains ZERO sodium, it tastes exactly like salt.

FYI: The Potassium in fake salt contains enough of the natural radioactive isotope K40 thay I can detect it with my Exploranium GR-135 gamma detector. Not much, but it is there. ☢️☠️
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 3:15pm
When the Missus & Bad Ol'Self first established residency at the Manor on The Hudson (Troy-Albany, during horse-'n-buggy days), we would be out walking at breakfast and I had a spicy v8 and a fresh avocado every morning, for the walk. Other than feeling a bit like a 'salt lick', I felt GREAT, but she would always tell me I was going to kill myself and leave her stranded if I didn't lower my salt content.
She was USUALLY correct.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Ad Endless Nauseum Ad Endless Nauseum wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

FYI: The Potassium in fake salt contains enough of the natural radioactive isotope K40 thay I can detect it with my Exploranium GR-135 gamma detector. Not much, but it is there. ☢️☠️
I've seen that stuff and been meaning to get some FOREVER! Most people not swinging from branches don't get anywhere near enough potassium from the daily-intake perspective
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

When the Missus & Bad Ol'Self first established residency at the Manor on The Hudson (Troy-Albany, during horse-'n-buggy days), we would be out walking at breakfast and I had a spicy v8 and a fresh avocado every morning, for the walk. Other than feeling a bit like a 'salt lick', I felt GREAT, but she would always tell me I was going to kill myself and leave her stranded if I didn't lower my salt content.
She was USUALLY correct.
I have no sodium restrictions. Yet. Over the last few years my excessively salty taste threshold has progressively lowered. Once in a long while things seem to take care of themselves.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic