Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Wahlberg annoying 10 year old meme ad!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mark Wahlberg annoying 10 year old meme ad!
    Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 4:32pm
So, just saw a commercial where Mark Wahlberg is shilling a service that has the dramatic chipmunk meme. That dramatic chipmunk meme is 10 years old!Really? How desperate is Mark for money? And what stoned ad exwc thought it was a good idea to usd the dramatic chipmunk meme from 2007? No. Just no.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.πŸ˜€ Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! πŸ˜€

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 4:47pm
Got a product name or video clip?
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 5:18pm
Is it a Chipmunk, a Prairie Dog or a Gerbil? Only Richard Gere knows for sure! Tongue

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 5:44pm
I've seen that ad 1,000 times if I've seen it once, and watching just a second ago is the first time I ever noticed the furry creature at the end.

My attention span for the thing always ended as soon as Angelica Houston walked out. Not that I find her so interesting or attractive etc, it's just that my brain apparently just automatically shut off or went to something else at that point.

I had considered starting a thread about it, but I couldn't remember the product it was advertising.

That's how effective this ad was for me.

Zero.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 6:00pm
I've never seen it! I just saw a chance to mess with Donna.

Jeez, Donna Sarah Karen. You can post a video on YouTube but you can't locate and post an old AT&T commercial?  Confused
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 1:46am
To be fair I didn't know WHAT he was shilling for as I only saw the last few seconds of the commercial.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.πŸ˜€ Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! πŸ˜€

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 6:31am
FYI, it's a gopher.
But the real question to ask is:
Why does Wahlberg have his hand up it's ass?  It's not a puppet!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

So, just saw a commercial where Mark Wahlberg is shilling a service that has the dramatic chipmunk meme. That dramatic chipmunk meme is 10 years old!Really? How desperate is Mark for money? And what stoned ad exwc thought it was a good idea to usd the dramatic chipmunk meme from 2007? No. Just no.

"Desperate" probably isn't the word.  "Hungry" is more like it.  Forbes lists him as the highest paid actor in the world.  Last year, he earned about $65 mil.

I've seen him in a few movies/TV shows.  He doesn't bother me.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 3:36pm
Wow, they're behind the times! What's next? The dancing hamster song???
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Too late. Kia apparently recently brought the old ass hamsters back, unless the dancing hamsters and Kia hamsters are different hamsters...

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 9:26pm

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Too late. Kia apparently recently brought the old ass hamsters back, unless the dancing hamsters and Kia hamsters are different hamsters...

Nope not even close look up "Hamsterdance" circa 1997,1998,1999, or 2000 I remember it vividly from junior high. WARNING: The tune is highly infectious and will get stuck in your head for days!
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 1:54am
My God! I'm sure there are a bunch of 14-16 year olds today seeing this commercial and can't figure out what the hell this means. Hell, I'm sure there are many adults that never pay attention to viral videos also have no idea. Good work ATT.

Coming this Christmas, they will bring this has been back for a future commercial.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 7:17pm

To be fair I didn't know WHAT he was shilling for as I only saw the last few seconds of the commercial.
To be fair, I had never seen it before. I took the time to look it up, you should consider it sometime.  It's very emotionally fulfilling!

But that's the way you always post, SOS different day.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

To be fair, I had never seen it before. I took the time to look it up, you should consider it sometime.  It's very emotionally fulfilling!

But that's the way you always post, SOS different day.
With all the lies and exaggerations I cannot believe the "Karen" video. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 6:10am
Another ad with some lame actress (Anjelica Huston) as some annoying $ sign.Angry
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 5:05pm
Don't mess with Marky Mark or he'll beat you up and blind you.
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Banderboy Banderboy wrote:

Don't mess with Marky Mark or he'll beat you up and blind you.
LOLWhadda ya expect from a 'Southie'? A 'Boston Beat-Down'; the warmest of welcomes, doncha know - lucky ya ain't dead.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
razorback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razorback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 11:21pm
I'm quite confused about what "dramatic chipmunk" has to do with AT & T. What am I missing?
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:23am
Originally posted by razorback razorback wrote:

I'm quite confused about what "dramatic chipmunk" has to do with AT & T. What am I missing?

That's the 'WTF' look when the average AT&T customer opens their monthly bill.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:59am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Β 
Β 
Β 

LMAO!8

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Β 
Β 
Β 

ROTFLMFAO!
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 10:00pm
Legendary actress Angelica Houston.  Her agent did her a solid.  Now she can pay the rent.
There's a sucker born every minute.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic