Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Direct TV: Bad, Spectrum: Even Worse!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Direct TV: Bad, Spectrum: Even Worse!
    Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 6:24pm

These are a few examples of Spectrum's commercials...

_____, Bad. Spectrum: Good!

GOOD?!

How great is Spectrum since they were once Time Warner Cable?!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 1:51am
The monster in the first video looks a lot like Florida governor Rick Scott.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 3:10am
Down here we call him Skeletor.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 3:58am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

The monster in the first video looks a lot like Florida governor Rick Scott.

My God! I thought that was Tobin Bell who plays John Kramer in Saw Series!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 7:24am
I love monsters, so I enjoy these commercials.  Thumbs Up  Clap

I'm not on Spectrum though, I have Cox Communications.

I guess any high speed internet is better than any DSL.  Smile
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 11:30am
Sharter has really added a lot of commercials to the broadcast channels in recent months.  I hate them!! Angry

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 11:59am
I'd be willing to pay $50 bucks a month for high speed internet and phone service if that deal was available in this area and I knew the price wasn't just going to go up in a couple of years anyway.

I'm paying almost that much just for DSL internet with AT&T.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 4:32pm
They hiked up the price (here) every year for the first 3 years. Then, they raised the internet charges when I cancelled the TV service.
There was a smart ass sales guy offering to knock 30 bucks off of the TV service if I didn't cancel.
He wouldn't take no for an answer! I finally asked him if we are done now! Angry
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 7:08pm
I used to use them back when locally they were called Bright House and possibly before that when they were still Time Warner.

Service was OK, but the modem kept on overheating and dropping the signal. Then the price went up at the same time AT&T was offering 2 years at $19.99 per month.

So I went with them and just stayed.

Now they're all around $40 - $45 a month for internet only so I just stay with AT&T even though it's comparatively slow.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 11:30am
SHUT UP!!
AngryAngryAngry

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 5:44pm

Great...a new one with a dummy and...I think one of them was Brain Guy from MST3K!

And the monsters were bitching about their satellite going out on a rainy day!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 5:54pm
What's with this trend in commercials recently where the people are dressed up as monsters, trolls, nymphs, fairies and other assorted goons?

It's really getting worn out.

C'mon, man!
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 8:16pm
Prices subject to change at the drop of a hat.  All these cable Co's. work together.  Now if they could all cut out commercials? (which was the intent of cable in the first place) Remember?
There's a sucker born every minute.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

Prices subject to change at the drop of a hat.  All these cable Co's. work together.  Now if they could all cut out commercials? (which was the intent of cable in the first place) Remember?
Yeah!  Bring back the 70s!  Bring back the Sparkle Fairy!  (oops wrong thread)
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

What's with this trend in commercials recently where the people are dressed up as monsters, trolls, nymphs, fairies and other assorted goons?

Expect more from now to Halloween.  Personally, I love the monsters and everything related to Halloween.  Evil Smile

I don't mind these monster Spectrum commercials.  I like monsters and the music is cool.  It's a lot better than some of the other cable/satellite companies' commercials.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Expect more from now to Halloween.  Personally, I love the monsters and everything related to Halloween.  Evil Smile

I don't mind these monster Spectrum commercials.  I like monsters and the music is cool.  It's a lot better than some of the other cable/satellite companies' commercials.

I am a total Halloween NERD!!!

The more Halloween commercials the better.

But this other stuff is just becoming a bit over done.

(BTW, it's getting close to time for my annual Thor Halloween tradition cartoon post. If you haven't seen it, stay tuned...)

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 10:12pm
Wasn't there a Halloween-themed poster here a while back?  I think she got into it with Donathan and then regretted all the bullying and BS and left.  Unhappy
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Wasn't there a Halloween-themed poster here a while back?  I think she got into it with Donathan and then regretted all the bullying and BS and left.  Unhappy

I think there was an 8moredaystoHalloween person here.

Don't remember any issues.

But I have a yearly Halloween tradition here that involves Thor.

If you're around halfway through October you'll see it.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic