Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sweet Caroline car ad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sweet Caroline car ad
    Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by mrsteve809 mrsteve809 wrote:

Am so glad to hear someone else post about this ad. I want to punch that stupid Ginger-bread boy straight in the face. And has anyone noticed the proliferation of gingers (pasty, white redheads) in ads? The adtards pandering to white America? People of color should not buy any product with these Vitamin-D deficient "actors". They are basically telling you that their product is not for you. It's the same with the Progressive ads, with the blindingly white backdrops and not one person of color that seems to work in their made up "stores". Just think how much a black person would stand out there. Just another way of telling people of color that this "product is not for them. They're so out of touch and don't realize that white people are slowly but surely dropping out of being the majority in this country.
Disapprove I feeeeeeel yer pain, bro.
If the 'people of color' (from the class you speak of) were to purchase such products, the government might make them explain where they got the money as 'whoring', 'drug dealing', and 'selling my foodstamps' (not to be confused with selling your children) are *not* acceptable answers.
All the 'Gingers' get the money spots, while most of the rest are sitting on 'death row' where they put themselves since they don't know how to behave in a civilized society.
In other words, if you are a disgrace to your race, then you're already in your place while so many others from all corners of this earth are fine upstanding citizens who don't even pay attention, much less have the time to 'point & whine'.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 3:27am
Originally posted by crash1984 crash1984 wrote:

Peggy Sue originally came about because a veterinarian was looking for a pig that had ran away and was calling sooie. Buddy Holly happened to be sitting on the porch with a guitar. After hearing this and started singing Piggy Sooie the vet suggested that he try Peggy Sue instead.

Hey, that was an episode of Quantum Leap!
Domdalom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Domdalom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 11:38pm
I've went through three TVs already because of this damn commercial!
Moto Eric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moto Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 5:07am
I hate the god awful actors in this commercial. That guy's overacting is worse then Will Shatner x 1 million. And I bet that girl is the kind of annoying aspiring actor that thinks every conversation, with everyone, everywhere is an audition/opportunity to show how "talented" they are. And so they turn everything into a performance, like paying for their groceries. 
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 10:57pm
this ad ..with its seemingly ENDLESS reps on sports days..has now hit #1 on my MUST DIE ad list..both these strident losers need hockey pucks in their big fat N Diamond singing yaps
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Mikemedeiros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikemedeiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 9:41pm
The guy is horrendous.I could see him inspiring road rage incidents. I can deal with the woman humoring him.
Not only was the song overplayed even before this ad and the link to the Red Sox is old, tired and ridiculous (and I live in Mass.). Also it's not the original version. The whole annoying "so good, so good" thing was added later.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 1:38am
Or maybe your hands are too calloused and rough.

Could also be that the grit number of the sand paper you're using isn't high enough.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 1:29am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Masturbation.
If masturbation hurts, you're probably doing it wrong.  Tongue

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 12:38am
Masturbation.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 12:31am

Kinda like acne?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 12:26am
It's just another in a long line of phases we're going through as society grows up.

Growing pains, as it were.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 12:23am
I just don't get riled up much anymore.  I'm more amused than outraged these days by the stuff that's going on out there.

Recently, I was amused by the Catholic school in California that removed their religious statues so as not to alienate their non-Catholic students.  You can't make this stuff up.  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 12:13am
Pretty tame response there, dude.

Let's just say I'm a little disappointed.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 12:00am
Originally posted by mrsteve809 mrsteve809 wrote:

Am so glad to hear someone else post about this ad. I want to punch that stupid Ginger-bread boy straight in the face. And has anyone noticed the proliferation of gingers (pasty, white redheads) in ads? The adtards pandering to white America? People of color should not buy any product with these Vitamin-D deficient "actors". They are basically telling you that their product is not for you. It's the same with the Progressive ads, with the blindingly white backdrops and not one person of color that seems to work in their made up "stores". Just think how much a black person would stand out there. Just another way of telling people of color that this "product is not for them. They're so out of touch and don't realize that white people are slowly but surely dropping out of being the majority in this country.

Right on, bro!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 10:07pm
Uh ohhhhhhh..... Thor, better not see that post...

C'mon, man!
mrsteve809 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsteve809 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 8:59pm
"If you're in advertising or marketing, kill yourself" - Bill Hicks, comedian.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 7:04pm
Crack whore Rosie gonna make me smile.

NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I dunno.

You read the lyrics and it sounds like he's writing about someone he's intimately familiar and has a history with.

Like a wife.

He probably told the Kennedy story because it sounded more interesting than because he needed a three syllable name.

The truth is, a lot of songs get written that way. Merely the practical need to fit a word into a space that either rhymes or has the correct number of syllables.

Takes some of the panache away.

In 2007 Diamond performed the song via satellite at Caroline Kennedy's 50th birthday party, and said that the song was about her. He told the Associated Press: "I've never discussed it with anybody before - intentionally. I thought maybe I would tell it to Caroline when I met her someday. I'm happy to have gotten it off my chest and to have expressed it to Caroline. I thought she might be embarrassed, but she seemed to be struck by it and really, really happy."
slhanks4 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slhanks4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 10:40pm
They play this commercial waaay too frequently. I am sick of watching it. Angry
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 1:46am
... with the semi hauling BBQ sauce.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 6:41pm
Better idea for this commercial...

...both the people stop by a red light singing "Sweet Caroline" and they drive simultaneously not even looking at the traffic light and...a semi crushes them both.

And...the guy in the semi is a Yankees Fan!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 6:36pm
Sweet car-o-mine!! Tongue
ridley View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 3:31pm
whaaaaCry
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 5:51am
This reminds me of that stupid ad from a couple years ago about another asshat driving around and blaring Billy Idol's version of "Mony Mony."  BLAAAAAAH! Dead
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 3:46pm
Plus this stupid 'song' gets in stuck in your head and never leaves. I HATE this sh*t!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic