Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grubhub 'Tacos' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grubhub 'Tacos' (video)
    Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 10:25pm
DisapproveI think these boys ordered incorrectly. Pretty sure they meant to order the 'Summer Sausage with Mayo' - at least a single order for each. Now, I'm not trying to insinuate anything - this IS 'Sausage Saturday', right?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 6:18pm
Did one of them say the tacos were "dank"?

Isn't that a bad thing?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 11:49pm
dank
daNGk/
adjective
adjective: dank; comparative adjective: danker; superlative adjective: dankest
  1. disagreeably damp, musty, and typically cold.

Yea.
I want one of those tacos, too!

"I like my tacos like I like my relationships...dank, of course!"

I haven't been unlucky enough to have one of those prized interviews where the prospect uses any words desired interchangeably.
Confused"...why'd you say that?"
Approve"...because 'syphilis' sounds cool when you say it and 'rigor mortis' is a neat little town, right across the border..." 
Wink"Thanks for your time...we will be in contact"

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 6:56am
I'd fear that they actually include live grubs in their food (hey, it's in their name...  Shocked)  Not that cooked ones would be any more appetizing (though easier to hide...)
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

I'd fear that they actually include live grubs in their food (hey, it's in their name...  Shocked)  Not that cooked ones would be any more appetizing (though easier to hide...)

What's wrong with a few grub worms eaten straight out of the Nile?
That's what the locals do.  Shocked

BTW: I'm not eating any "dank" tacos.

Is "dank" just another stupid millenial trending word invention to describe something for which they never learned the appropriate adjective?  If so, then that's not kk.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 12:09am
Dank has been around forever...
HOWEVER,
it has been re-invented.

~~~~~

Origin

The exact origin of the phrase “dank memes” is unknown. Many have speculated that it was coined on the /s4s/ (sh*t 4chan says) board on 4chan, /r/2007scape on Reddit or within the montage parody community on YouTube.[1]

Spread of the word “Dank” to describe certain memes.

On May 26th, 2013, YouTuber fennthulhu uploaded a parody video titled “How 2 make dank memes!”, in which he demonstrates how to create an “edgy” Success Kid image macro on the website Quickmeme (shown below, left). On December 20th, YouTuber Ethan Holey uploaded a video in which he recommends using “dank memes” as a replacement for the terms “awesome,” “cool” or “bodacious”...

On September 23rd, 2014, Redditor xEphr0m submitted a image macro to /r/funny,[2] which featured a gnome child seated at a computer with the caption “born just in time to browse dank memes” (shown below, left). On September 30th, Redditor 369DAMNyoFINE posted an image macro of a young child dressed as a police officer writing a ticket for posting a meme that “wasn’t dank enough” to the /r/4ChanMeta[3] subreddit ...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic