Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you listening to now (thread #4)?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I remember when that Blue Oyster Cult album came out, the radio was advertising it using the Reaper guitar solo.  Made me buy the album.

One of the all time great guitar hooks.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I remember when that Blue Oyster Cult album came out, the radio was advertising it using the Reaper guitar solo.  Made me buy the album.

One of the all time great guitar hooks.
Agreed, but the use of the cowbell made it timeless and even more famous.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 11:25pm
"English to American 2015" -- Mike Jeavons

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 5:21am
Confused
Sick as heck this A.M....12:15. I can barely turn my head to the right - cannot turn it to the left at all.
Getting ready to take off for The Den, see some of the kids, pay my respects...and do a little work.

I feel really strange about this trip..my secretary doubled up on the car coverage and all of that...and I ended up with a pure-white-on-white with white license plates Yaris (one of my personal favorite cars) - but what is with all this 'dress Paw up in white'? Am I supposed to drive into a hole in the ground?Confused
And I'm going to my own home, but my assistant booked me a room with a view in Niagara Fallls, right on the Falls. Indoor pool and meals. She's known the fam for many years, knows my style. Why the extravagance? I'll be looking for holes that can swallow a Yaris. 

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 3:50pm
Classic US power metal from Texas, probably my favorite track by these guys.

"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 11:24pm
King of the Delta Blues Singers - Robert Johnson

I have 168 characters remaining.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 11:16pm

Way back when time was on my side and rock music was still young and fresh, I just kinda dismissed this song.  But I recently "reheard" it, and now I like it a lot. 

It would go well in a mix next to this one---one I loved but had forgotten about:

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 10:37pm
Aja - Steely Dan
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 11:54pm
...this....
...and this...
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 3:11am
"Ohio" -CSNY...which will then be followed up by Harvest.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 6:32am
Wink....gee thanks, Neil!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 11:35pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 11:07pm
Ermm...one of those days...grey, dreary, wet...beloved brother in town to review 'Wills and End Of Life' matters for the Estate and bad ol'self...I just feel numb and have the Missus on my mind...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 2:34am
WinkBig smileAbsolutely GREAT artist..look around and listen...as you can see, an 'Official Paw-Approved Song' (in memory of the Missus)

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 5:31am
This song was actually written by the lead singer as a tribute to one of his biggest musical influences, Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson. And if you just listened without paying attention, it could pretty much pass as a Tull song. My dad is a huge Tull fan, and I played it for him and he was really impressed as well.

And just to give an indicator of their more usual sound, here's one of their songs done in their typical prog metal style:

"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 2:21pm
"Twisted Transistor" -- KoЯn

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 12:52pm
"Let You Go" -- Monkey Zound

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 12:04am
Confused...so here I was goofing with some NPR friends, listening to and playing whatever crawled out of the stack and THIS came up...and I immediately thought of THORLOLWink because something told me he posted this some years back...GREAT song, but just something only THOR would post for the first go-around. I bet he dances to it in private.LOLWink
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 1:46pm
"Lucifer (Devil Mix)" -- Blue System

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 4:23pm
"Contagion" -- Circle of Dust

"Destroid 8 Annihilate" -- Excision & Far Too Loud

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 3:29pm
"War" -- Far Too Loud

Next up in the queue is:

"Zomboy" -- Far Too Loud

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 12:23am
Invisible Touch - Genesis
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 1:31pm
"Zomboy" -- Far Too Loud

Next down the pipe will be:

"War" -- Far Too Loud

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 2:06pm
"600 Years" -- Far Too Loud

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 1:33pm
"Lightbringer" -- Far Too Loud

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic