Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meals on Wheels - Asha Ida Bell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meals on Wheels - Asha Ida Bell
    Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 2:41pm
Maya Angelou called, she wants her getup back.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by sharonite sharonite wrote:

Maya Angelou called, she wants her getup back.
LOL

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 9:27pm
Unfortunately, she reminded me of Miss Cleo. Ouch!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 10:25pm
DisapproveThat's all so wrong! *I* thought 'Meals On Wheels' were good looking women in wheelchairs.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 10:46pm
Love the burger box car.

Wish I had one.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Love the burger box car.

Wish I had one.
With or without wheelchair access?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 11:12pm
Uhhhh.... I dunno.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Me too!  LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 12:31am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Me too!  LOL

And both equally full of sh*t.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 1:09am
okokok...I'll get off the 'wheelchair kick' but cannot complain or kick the woman in this commercial,
I see her point every day when I do my little bit for my community.
I meet with plenty of locals in the area neighborhoods to 'do lunch' and hear people out and let them talk.
Some of the folks I've known many years, some are children of my friends, now adult-age.
I do lunch.
I always buy, because I can.
A smile and a handshake or hug at the end goes a long way for everyone, sometimes it is just what is needed as a reason to look forward to tomorrow.
I can readily say older adults look after each other a lot more than their offspring look after them and THAT is immensely important to understand and foster as a 'noticeable behavior'.
I don't have any problem with 'MOW' and I toss some bucks their way, especially since our government sees little need for federally funded programs. We can't whine about that, but we can govern and save ourselves along with others around us.
When my work begins to taper off and I decide to fall into the 'downside of youth', I'll probably spend more time with endeavors like this. Heck, I did it tonight a filled four adults to 'waddle mode' and still had a bit of left-overs for all of $10 and it was a healthy meal. If the idea sinks in and some percentage pays it forward, we readily can feed 40 people meal for well under $100 (combined). That big meal comes with a lot of caring and communication (with the aggressive searching out and befriending the loners). Funny things happen with activities of the sort: 'Community' is fostered, bridges of communication and friendship are built. Everyone always comes back, everyone wins, the community gets a little better for it. It impacts the young, also.
Do Lunch.
Leave someone with a smile.
Make a difference.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic