Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cosentyx - Featuring Cyndi Lauper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Cosentyx must cause a speech impediment also, both Cindy and the bald guy speak the same strange way.

And, what in the hell is Cindy spraying on her arms?  Krylon 'pasty white' paint?

That's her skin disease for which she takes this drug.  Probably Hollywood makeup artist enhanced.  Enhanced like the rest of her.  Tongue
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

(1) She needs to quit trying to look like she's still 25.

(2) She's 65 if she's a day and we all know it.

(1) Agreed.

(2) She's 64 and has been married to the same man since 1991, and has a 19-year-old son.

She's a spokeswoman for LGBT because her sister is gay.

Not that I follow her or anything . Embarrassed

I guess I should've waited until after her next birthday to post that...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 6:14am
Looks to me like she's trying to paint over a tat to hide it...  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 7:27pm
This woman, in the jersey?  Kinda hot, in my own weird way...Evil Smile  Don't judge me!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 10:22pm

This woman, in the jersey?  Kinda hot, in my own weird way...Evil Smile  Don't judge me!

Seriously?  I almost think even the Asian guy is hotter than her.  LOL

But...no judgement.  Whatever turns you on.

Dead

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Seriously?  I almost think even the Asian guy is hotter than her.  LOL

But...no judgement.  Whatever turns you on.

Dead

You're BOTH weird!!!!!   

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 3:36am

One good thing I can say about Lauper is that at least she's not all sassy and "empowered" like most of today's female pop stars.  Also---and maybe I'm wrong here---but I don't think she screams out her songs like so many others do these days.

You mean lady singers like Mariah Carey? Who I've disliked forever!
One man gathers what another man spills
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 3:49am
I like Cyndi a whole bunch. I've known her for many years, I've cooked for her in the past, and she is a very nice, sweet lady.
Her accent is legit too. Maybe a tiny bit exaggerated, but she's a true New Yawker! 
She heard me speak when we first met and asked if I was a Cockney Brit, I laughed and told her that I'm about as far from being a Cockney as she was to sounding like a Texan! 
She had quite an entourage back then, including the pro wrestling manager and personality Captain Lou Albano (who was hilarious).
One man gathers what another man spills
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 6:16am
^ Wow Jimmy!  So you're a celebrity chef?  It's nice to know that you think highly of Cyndi and that she is a nice person.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 6:17am
aka ron tends to like the little chubbalicious gals.  That brunette, although her body is slimmer, looks like she's a right bitch.  Her face has a kind of hardness to it, like didn't get put away all the way dry after the ride.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 7:21am

aka ron tends to like the little chubbalicious gals.  That brunette, although her body is slimmer, looks like she's a right bitch.  Her face has a kind of hardness to it, like didn't get put away all the way dry after the ride.
LOLLOL

Rode hard and put away wet?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

I like Cyndi a whole bunch. I've known her for many years, I've cooked for her in the past, and she is a very nice, sweet lady.
Her accent is legit too. Maybe a tiny bit exaggerated, but she's a true New Yawker! 
She heard me speak when we first met and asked if I was a Cockney Brit, I laughed and told her that I'm about as far from being a Cockney as she was to sounding like a Texan! 
She had quite an entourage back then, including the pro wrestling manager and personality Captain Lou Albano (who was hilarious).

I've never heard that she's a bitch or a diva or anything like that.  She's always come across as nice.

Have you ever listened to Curtis Sliwa (head of the Guardian Angels) on the radio?  His NY accent is over the top.  And some of the words/expressions he uses are ridiculous, too---like he never left Brooklyn circa 1945.  I guess some like it.  I don't.  He sounds like a cartoon.  Makes the Bowery Boys sound Oxford-educated.

Redheaded Gigi View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redheaded Gigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 11:02am
"Moderate to severe" is a medical classification that even "moron" doctors have difficulty classifying in a given patient.  

https://www.healthline.com/health/psoriasis/whats-your-psoriasis-severity#Overview1

Unless you're aware of something that the medical community isn't, a person isn't a moron because it isn't evident whether their disease is moderate or severe.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

One good thing I can say about Lauper is that at least she's not all sassy and "empowered" like most of today's female pop stars.  Also---and maybe I'm wrong here---but I don't think she screams out her songs like so many others do these days.

You mean lady singers like Mariah Carey? Who I've disliked forever!

Mariah Carey is not a singer.
I think she's some sort of freakish industrial glass-breaker, or something.

(I never liked her "singing" either.  Ditto for "Babs".)  Dead
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Redheaded Gigi Redheaded Gigi wrote:

"Moderate to severe" is a medical classification that even "moron" doctors have difficulty classifying in a given patient. 

https://www.healthline.com/health/psoriasis/whats-your-psoriasis-severity#Overview1

Unless you're aware of something that the medical community isn't, a person isn't a moron because it isn't evident whether their disease is moderate or severe.

I am, since you mentioned it.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:27pm
Cosentyx went from a skin condition to a cure for arthritis?
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redheaded Gigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:30pm
Really?  What would that be?  Since you mentioned it.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redheaded Gigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:32pm
Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and other autoimmune conditions like RA can be treated by some of the same therapies.  For example, Stelara is now a treatment for Crohn's.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:38pm

Sorry. I'm not really connected right now.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:47pm

That would be... that a person is, in fact, a moron if they don't know whether their psoriasis is moderate or severe.

I mean, come on. If you've got one or two little patches, it's minor. A few more larger ones here and there and it's moderate.

If you look like The Toxic Avenger with an acne flare up, you can safely assume that you've got a severe case of psoriasis.

And BTW... I will be more than happy to share this rarefied bit of knowledge with the medical community if they are interested in learning something they (reportedly) don't already know.

Thank you.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:51pm

Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and other autoimmune conditions like RA can be treated by some of the same therapies.  For example, Stelara is now a treatment for Crohn's.

What do they use to treat crones?

C'mon, man!
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redheaded Gigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:57pm

That would be... that a person is, in fact, a moron if they don't know whether their psoriasis is moderate or severe.

I mean, come on. If you've got one or two little patches, it's minor. A few more larger ones here and there and it's moderate.

If you look like The Toxic Avenger with an acne flare up, you can safely assume that you've got a severe case of psoriasis.

And BTW... I will be more than happy to share this rarefied bit of knowledge with the medical community if they are interested in learning something they (reportedly) don't already know.

Thank you.

It must be nice to think you're as smart as you think you are.  Good luck with that.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:59pm

Thank you.

It must be nice to think you're as smart as you think you are.  Good luck with that.

It's wonderful!!!

And thanks for the kind wishes!!!

You're a doll!!!

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 9:46pm

Thank you.

It's wonderful!!!

And thanks for the kind wishes!!!

You're a doll!!!
Jimbo, don't get into an argument with a redhead.  You know how temperamental they can be with their fiery personalities.  Ouch
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 11:35pm

Jimbo, don't get into an argument with a redhead.  You know how temperamental they can be with their fiery personalities.  Ouch

Me????

Argue????

I was being as sweet as honey, Honey!!!!

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic