Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subway...another WTF commercial!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Subway...another WTF commercial!
    Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 4:58pm

What is with this sh*tty dancing on the bottom? This commercial must be stopped!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 11:57pm
I didn't know what you meant by "on the bottom" until I played the videos.  Lame Moves Subway!!! Thumbs Down
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 2:09am
Oh brother!

Why Subway why?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 2:39am
The sh!tty dancing is exactly that:  The pre-Hershey squirts after eating a Subway foot-long.  Sick

And what's with that Mexican-theme music?
¡Ay, caramba!  Angry

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

The sh!tty dancing is exactly that:  The pre-Hershey squirts after eating a Subway foot-long.  Sick

And what's with that Mexican-theme music?
¡Ay, caramba!  Angry

Because they think Mexicans know how to dance?  Confused  There's nothing Mexican about Subway's food.  The sandwich maker staff may be a different matter, depending on your area.  
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:33pm
FFS these used to be 5 dollars! anyone remember the "five-five-dollar-five dollar footLONG!" song they used to drill into our heads over and over again for YEARS!?

Does Subway think we have amnesia or something? I feel insulted!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

FFS these used to be 5 dollars! anyone remember the "five-five-dollar-five dollar footLONG!" song they used to drill into our heads over and over again for YEARS!?

I recall when $5 increased to $6 and Subway was pretending it was an amazing new low price.Confused
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 6:06pm
These commercials are so stupid they're funny! They want their customers to look like a bunch of retards!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I not only remember them, I took a screenshot from one and wrote a little poem to go with it...

Thank you.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 3:25am
They have been lost since their original spokesperson was canned for being a pedo! Subway, I have never visited any of your stores, and your ads are not causing me to dance to your rhythm.
One man gathers what another man spills
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 12:11am
A little update I noticed: the dancing legs and Spanish music are gone! Yay! Oddly yet hilariously the audio is replaced by some Curb Your Enthusiasm type tuba music LOL WTF!? They only now show the top of the person. At least it's less annoying.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 1:21am
Subway must've read our posts on CIH and did a rework.  LOL
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 1:22am
BTW, the jump from $5 to $6 for footlong sandwiches is in direct response to the minimum wage hike.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 10:35pm
I don't believe this one of their ads feature the "The Price Is Right" song WTF!?

BTW remember when I said it featured "Curb Your Enthusiasm like music"? Well I just unmuted the tail end of a Subway ad and found it IS EXAcTLY the "Curb Your Enthusiasm" music from the show. Amazing! I think they ran outta ideas!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic