Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheerios Commercial: Good Goes Round

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheerios Commercial: Good Goes Round
    Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 5:35am
Never a fan of Cheerios commercials.  I thought this iconic junk breakfast food scraped the bottom of the sewer with "Bee Got Swag." Well, I was wrong. Flash forward to this POS! Again Cheerios is going ghetto with another hip hop rap crapper artist. Seeing retarded people slathered in spit up milk and cereal, the hyper action all make for a hurl-inducing ad campaign. That honey bee should sue its employer, the cereal company. 

What is it with Millenials and hyperactive loud garbage?
I approve this message.
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 3:28pm
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

To the singer: SHUT THE FU** UP!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
HalandBubbles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalandBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 6:45pm
Did I just see Spongebob?
Did Cheerios even get permission from Nick?
you wanna see my pencil?
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 5:22am
Did anyone read those youtube comments? People saying it's the best music in a commercial and that the guy is a great singer Cry
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 10:55am
They seem to have a series of those "Good Goes Around" ads.

I think I was going to start a thread about one of them (not the same one in the OP, but similar enough to be considered just as big of a piece of crap) but for some reason never got around to it.

Cheerios is definitely angling for the AA market share.

Whether they're just trying to be seen as inclusive or whether it's a bottom line business decision, who knows?

But the rap crap and hip-hop dancing nonsense puts them all on my mute/switch channel immediately upon seeing it list.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 6:07pm
Tone-deaf rapping singer. Fk you Cheerios!! What's with General Mills and their rap/ghetto culture in commercials?
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:19am
I still cringe when I remember the bi-racial family, white mom, black dad sleeping on the couch, biracial little girl pouring Cheerios all over her father because it's heart healthy.  That's the first one pandering to AA's I remember.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:22am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Never a fan of Cheerios commercials.  I thought this iconic junk breakfast food scraped the bottom of the sewer with "Bee Got Swag." Well, I was wrong. Flash forward to this POS! Again Cheerios is going ghetto with another hip hop rap crapper artist. Seeing retarded people slathered in spit up milk and cereal, the hyper action all make for a hurl-inducing ad campaign. That honey bee should sue its employer, the cereal company. 

What is it with Millenials and hyperactive loud garbage?
This is worse than millennials and hyperactive loud garbage!  Dead  WTF accent is this guy singing with?  (Or should I say "wif"?)  Sounds like he's on drugs or drunk.  Angry  Sounds like ghetto garbage.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalandBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 6:05pm
Ever since they stopped airing that 'Insect Wall' AD, they want hipsters to buy their product.
you wanna see my pencil?
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 1:02am
I'll never gripe about adholes not using original jingles again. ... D'OH!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 1:05am
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

Did anyone read those youtube comments? People saying it's the best music in a commercial and that the guy is a great singer Cry

I can guess ... He's "amazing" and "iconic," right? Confused
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalandBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 9:52pm
I'm starting to miss Insect Wall...
It was darker than the ones Cheerios made before it, but it's atleast more tolerable than this cringy trash that's somehow loved by mainstream numbskulls.

you wanna see my pencil?
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 1:43am
JUST saw this ad for the first time. My God..why must they take every classic product and turn the ad into some pile of annoying updated slop?!AngryDead  

This "jingle" or whatever you want to call it absolutely sucks the big one! But if they took this song and mixed it with the mom and daughter dancing around like a bunch of hyperactive twits, I'd shoot my TV.

I remember when Cheerio ads were so simple..I mean real simple, stick people on a chalkboard! 
No fancy graphics, no music..and the ads worked.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 1:52am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

JUST saw this ad for the first time. My God..why must they take every classic product and turn the ad into some pile of annoying updated slop?!AngryDead  

This "jingle" or whatever you want to call it absolutely sucks the big one! But if they took this song and mixed it with the mom and daughter dancing around like a bunch of hyperactive twits, I'd shoot my TV.

I remember when Cheerio ads were so simple..I mean real simple, stick people on a chalkboard! 
No fancy graphics, no music..and the ads worked.

Big smileWinkExcellent point, TNIP - you are SO correct and you made a thought cross my mindlessness - the ads also were more representative of the products they were selling. Chalkboards and Cheerios? Cheerios were for us poor kids when there was nothing else, we'd dose them with a bunch of sugar and milk. Couldn't tell the difference between that little treat or shredded cardboard, sugar, and milk. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 2:11am
Nothing is quaint and simple anymore.

Everything has to have pop culture appeal.

The worst thing is that our current pop culture is just so damned sh*tty.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 4:18am
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

Bunch of silly clueless kids. This song reminds me of something I'd hear on Sesame Street. If they love this artist so much, Latrell James...he's not too popular with hits on YouTube.

A few hundred, maybe a few thousand on his official videos, yeah...real impressive.Confused

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 9:46pm
Who names their kid "Latrell"?  ConfusedAngryAngryDead

Sounds like something out of a Superman comic book.
(...only that would be a millions times better, in just about every way imaginable!)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:35am
Now let's be nice and all PC and whatnot...if YOUR mammy named yodumbazz 'Latrell', then you KNOW what Cheerios are.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 5:22am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

(...only that would be a millions times better, in just about every way imaginable!)
From the jibba-jabba of the start..to the really average'jingle'...he should be named LATRINE
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Gartrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gartrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:07am
Thank you for your comment about this ridiculous, obnoxious Cheerios commercial! I'm so glad to know it's not just me!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 6:10am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

From the jibba-jabba of the start..to the really average'jingle'...he should be named LATRINE

Sounds like a drug they hawk on TV. Oops thats Lotrell. Seems the drugs are named like ghetto babies. Jenuvia, Osphina, Linzess etc.
I approve this message.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 12:05pm

Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

Sounds like a drug they hawk on TV. Oops thats Lotrell. Seems the drugs are named like ghetto babies. Jenuvia, Osphina, Linzess etc.

^ Confused
You're right!!
I never thought about it that way.

(And now the drug names seem even worse...)
Maybe if they had one to abort unwanted fatherless babies?
Not sure what you would call that one?  

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 12:48pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 1:02pm

^ Confused

You're right!!
I never thought about it that way.

(And now the drug names seem even worse...)
Maybe if they had one to abort unwanted fatherless babies?
Not sure what you would call that one?

I'm not touching that one!!!!

C'mon, man!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 2:20pm
Does anyone even know what he's singing? I can only make out an occasionally word.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic