Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

State Farm "Following" (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: State Farm "Following" (video)
    Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 3:53am

"Let's grab them heartstrings"

One may think State Farm is trying to show they care about community, too.
In THIS case, I think they do - and yes, this commercial did touch me where I don't like people going.
The Missus and myself spent much of our lives 'mentoring' (she did a lot of 'correcting', too). We never preached religion, we would show/work with/teach a lot of those you see in this commercial. A humbling effort, it requires you really mean what you say, what you do, for your 'belonging'.
As the days become fewer, we all look back on our own existence, what it meant to this big old goofy earth, how we contributed positive change within our fellow humans - we look back on our own footprints. I've seen much too much of what you see in this commercial...we never saw this as children , yet these are the same children we grew up with, or maybe their children. Where did it all go so wrong for them, or how did we get so lucky? Is that even a correct question to ask
Do any of you see the need make a difference? Do you 'make a difference'? Do you know what the success of changing a life for the better feels like?  Can you recognize 'success' as a byproduct of your own failure? Do you know when to turn and walk away, letting 'life' take over, once again? Have you experienced a heart-felt 'Thank You', or do you even need or want to?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 8:56pm
Yeah,  I can give. But when it comes to a f*cking insurance company.

I have no care....f*ck you very much!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 3:51am
I think State Farm was simply selfless, here and I can appreciate what they're trying to do.
If YOU as an individual believe in something strong enough, why not be part of a solution within your community? Giving? It isn't about the money one can toss out - it's about the amount of themselves people will donate.
Think about 'Paying It Forward'.
(I've given the above movie away so many times I've lost count...but I try and live life that way)
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 11:07am
I'm glad he took in the dog.

The guy should have second thoughts about helping all those people, though.  They look like they wanna kill him.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 1:00pm
Mush factor aside, I think this is mainly about PR and helping improve their public image which I'm sure they're hoping will increase their customer base and thus, their profits.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 2:55pm
I guess they're trying to legitimize the whole "Like a good neighbor..." thing.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 3:02pm
Yeah. Or expanding the old concept of a good neighbor on an individual level to a community level.

A good corporate neighbor to your city or town.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 5:26pm

State Farm does announce themselves at the end - might have been better in clear, see-through letters, rather than the red 'splat' in the face, which I chose to simply look beyond because I do see the ad as conveying a powerful message.

The ad as a 'sales chip'? Won't help here - already a State Farm client.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 8:21pm
Who is that guy with the long hair and beard?  Jesus?

I'm sorry, but I know what the insurance companies want to do. They want me/us to pay for all of the idiots out there.

F*CK OFF!!!!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 1:28am
That isn't even within any boundaries of the message being presented in this commercial.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 1:40am
It's subliminal.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 1:52am

I sense denial - folks hell-bent on damning the messenger for a message and a responsibility  that many wish to ignore.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 2:50am
State Farm Savior of the World? Shocked

I dumped them and their non-customer service tactics when they raised my insurance for no other reason than corporate greed.  Switched to Wawanesa Insurance for both auto and homeowners.  Wawanesa really came through for me brilliantly when I had a car theft claim.  Still best rates for me I can find.  Smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 2:59am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I sense denial - folks hell-bent on damning the messenger for a message and a responsibility  that many wish to ignore.

So ol' PaDubya has gone all PC and mushy gushy (not to mention holier than thou) on us, eh?

Go figure.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 3:10am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

State Farm Savior of the World? Shocked

I dumped them and their non-customer service tactics when they raised my insurance for no other reason than corporate greed.  Switched to Wawanesa Insurance for both auto and homeowners.  Wawanesa really came through for me brilliantly when I had a car theft claim.  Still best rates for me I can find.  Smile

I was with Allstate for my homeowner's insurance up until right after the insane hurricane season of 2004 in which FOUR major hurricanes raked the Florida peninsula within the space of one month, upon which time they went through their files for the entire state and dropped coverage for everyone with a home built before a certain date, which included me.

Them to us: "Thanks for all the premiums you've paid us faithfully and on time all these years while never filing a claim, but we find it will be more profitable for us to dump you like yesterday's leftovers. Sorry."
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 4:46am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

So ol' PaDubya has gone all PC and mushy gushy (not to mention holier than thou) on us, eh?

Go figure.

Nehhh....this is no change - been this way all along. We always have 'paid it forward' when we could.
I've lived both sides of this life - I can't stand the feeling of hopelessness or not knowing where to turn. I can stand the feeling of helping someone in that position and maybe giving them that tiny 'kick start' they need. I don't even care if they know if I had anything to do with it, but I sure like seeing change for the better. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 6:42am
That's cool, PaW.

Just trying to give you a hard time.
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 8:45am
It loses its appeal when you realize this is the original version of the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yve1Dg3B9FY

LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 11:08am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I'm sorry, but I know what the insurance companies want to do. They want me/us to pay for all of the idiots out there.

You realize that's how insurances work, right?  Your premiums go into a pool of funds from which accidents get paid.  You only "get back" if you get into an accident yourself.  So it's not really what they "want to" do.  It's what they do.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 12:10pm
Yes, it's just frustrating to me that so many people can't seem to drive without having accidents.

It raises everyone's rates. Besides, the way companies like Geico spend money on TV time, I'll bet their profit margin is pretty healthy. 
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 3:32pm

the latest in this 'heart tugging'series..oh, state farm..you are SO caring..
what the HELL is this loopy beeoctch even SAYING..it took me
about 5 listens to even decipher her mush mouthed musings..and
that rambling piano..this is PAP at its bottom scraping WORST
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

the latest in this 'heart tugging'series..oh, state farm..you are SO caring..
what the HELL is this loopy beeoctch even SAYING..it took me
about 5 listens to even decipher her mush mouthed musings..and
that rambling piano..this is PAP at its bottom scraping WORST
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 6:15pm
Like this Subaru commercial, it always took Leah awhile to accept new family and friends.  She was amazing with children, a different dog.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 3:30pm
i dislike any adtards that pimp out our feathered and furry friends..that Downy ad where they launder the sea fowl and set them free after oil spills that MAN causes and creates is one of the biggest amazing hypocrisies i have ever witnessed..no one has a reality filter anymore
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 6:58am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

i dislike any adtards that pimp out our feathered and furry friends..that Downy ad where they launder the sea fowl and set them free after oil spills that MAN causes and creates is one of the biggest amazing hypocrisies i have ever witnessed..no one has a reality filter anymore
I think you're referring to the Dawn dish soap ads.  It's advertised that way because if it can clean the grease and oil off birds and marine mammals, it can clean your dishes.  Dawn actually donates for free to the animal rescuers, so they put their money where their mouth is.  They've been helping save wildlife for over 30 years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic