Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Devour microwave meals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 6:28pm
I was looking at some of the "Devour" meals at the market the other day.   I have to watch my used to be girlish figure so the fat, carb and calorie content wouldn't work for me.   But every so often I pick up a Stouffer's mac and cheese and have at it.   I'll try the "Devour" for a special treat or share it with a friend as a side dish !  

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 6:37pm
I finally tried the Angus Beef. OK, but certainly doesn't challenge the BUfMacChs.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

I was looking at some of the "Devour" meals at the market the other day.   I have to watch my used to be girlish figure so the fat, carb and calorie content wouldn't work for me.   But every so often I pick up a Stouffer's mac and cheese and have at it.   I'll try the "Devour" for a special treat or share it with a friend as a side dish !

Love the Stouffer's!!!

I like to let it thaw, mix sauteed diced ham and diced green peppers into it then bake it.

Yu - UM!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 7:13pm
When the craving hits for me, I get Lean Cuisine mac and cheese and then add some grated cheddar--just defeating the whole purpose.   My own homemade mac and cheese with sauteed onions, bechamel, and at least two different cheeses is the bomb.  Wink  The Prince company used to make "casserole elbows" macaroni but some years ago they stopped selling it and shrunk the noodles down and still called it that.  My late mother bought up every box she could find !  When I cleaned out her pantry closet last summer there were about 15 boxes in there.  She did that with every packaged food she enjoyed.  It was a big job !  Can Can sales at Shoprite....who needs 346 cans of chick peas ?!   

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 7:36pm

When the craving hits for me, I get Lean Cuisine mac and cheese and then add some grated cheddar--just defeating the whole purpose.   My own homemade mac and cheese with sauteed onions, bechamel, and at least two different cheeses is the bomb.  Wink  The Prince company used to make "casserole elbows" macaroni but some years ago they stopped selling it and shrunk the noodles down and still called it that.  My late mother bought up every box she could find !  When I cleaned out her pantry closet last summer there were about 15 boxes in there.  She did that with every packaged food she enjoyed.  It was a big job !  Can Can sales at Shoprite....who needs 346 cans of chick peas ?!   
LOL  Is that true?  That's being practical but it reminds me of this selfish woman.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 7:36pm

Chicks who like peas...?
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 7:54pm
^LOL  I'm gonna have to find a rim shot comedy sound effect for Jimbo. Thumbs Up

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^LOL  I'm gonna have to find a rim shot comedy sound effect for Jimbo. Thumbs Up

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 8:20pm
'Chickpeas' was a dirty word when the fambly was all together. The Missus would tolerate roaches and mice ahead of chickpeas. I never had the heart to tell her how and what the healthiest pasta was made from ('Banza' pasta).

And guess what?! It's _luten-Free!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I finally tried the Angus Beef. OK, but certainly doesn't challenge the BUfMacChs.

Their line really seems to be growing lately. They've added some sandwhich things(NOT recommended, btw), a cajun alfredo with chicken and sausage(this one's good), a loaded potatoes with beef and bacon(pretty good), a tortellini alfredo with Italian sausage(also pretty good), and several others. The Buffalo mac is still king, though.

I also noticed Marie Callenders and Banquet(with their "Mega Bowls") have gotten in on the Buffalo mac act too, but neither of them is as good as the Devour. The Marie Callenders version was decent, and a bit cheaper than the Devour, so if you've got a craving but don't wanna pay Devour prices, it's not a bad choice. The Banquet was okay but not something I'd recommend. Costs about the same as the Marie Callender, so it's also cheaper than the Devour(and I think it may have a little larger serving too) but the taste is just not as good as either of the others.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 3:36pm

'Chickpeas' was a dirty word when the fambly was all together. The Missus would tolerate roaches and mice ahead of chickpeas. I never had the heart to tell her how and what the healthiest pasta was made from ('Banza' pasta).

I hear Donald Trump LOVES chickpeas.

Oh wait, Trump loves it when CHICKS PEE.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I hear Donald Trump LOVES chickpeas.

Oh wait, Trump loves it when CHICKS PEE.

ConfusedI guess if he has all the money and all the gold, he can afford and should have continuous golden showers.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 11:23pm
Why has a thread about Devour microwave meals devolved into a Trump bash?  Angry  Can we just keep this stuff in the political forum?  Is that too much to ask?  Unhappy
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 1:12am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Why has a thread about Devour microwave meals devolved into a Trump bash?  Angry  Can we just keep this stuff in the political forum?  Is that too much to ask?  Unhappy

Awww, it was just a little joke, snowflake.

The opportunity for a witty bit of word play presented itself (chickpeas --> chicks pee) so I took it.

How can you blame me??? How could I have passed up such an opportunity???

Besides, it woulda lost all the spontaneity if I'd moved it to the poli forum.

Pleases try to forgive me....

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 3:13am

The opportunity for a witty bit of word play presented itself (chickpeas --> chicks pee) so I took it.

Well, the snowflakes and pussy hat wearers are on your side of the aisle.  Tongue  I thought Trump was the one who was doing the peeing in the golden showers stories, according to the fake Russian dossier.  But whatever...  I can't keep up with all the political sexcapades, real or imagined.

I forgive you, and am sorry for sounding too harsh.  Smile

Heart
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 2:36pm

Well, the snowflakes and pussy hat wearers are on your side of the aisle.  Tongue  I thought Trump was the one who was doing the peeing in the golden showers stories, according to the fake Russian dossier.  But whatever...  I can't keep up with all the political sexcapades, real or imagined.

I forgive you, and am sorry for sounding too harsh.  Smile

Heart
DisapproveCan you two please take your little 'lovey-dovey' stuffy somewhere else behind closed threads?!
We're trying to have intelijunt dizcuzzions, here...and I just know Trump loves 'golden showers'.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 4:20pm

DisapproveCan you two please take your little 'lovey-dovey' stuffy somewhere else behind closed threads?!
We're trying to have intelijunt dizcuzzions, here...and I just know Trump loves 'golden showers'.

We were just having a tender moment, Pa.

Stop trying to spoil it for us!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 6:06pm

We were just having a tender moment, Pa.

Stop trying to spoil it for us!!!!

LOL

Yeah, PaW.  Why can't we all just live together?

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 5:18pm
I was at my regional discount grocery mart yesterday so I checked the frozen food aisle. They had 5 different Devour meals but not the Buffalo Mac and Cheese that I wanted to try. Price was decent at $2.58. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic