Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Raymond James "Kevin"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GulDukat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raymond James "Kevin"
    Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 2:33pm

I hate this one--manipulative and cliches galore. Plus, it's irritating. "Kevin, Kevin, Kevin, Kevin, KEVIN!, Keeeevin, Kevin, Kevin, Kevin, Kevin..."
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 2:46pm
When I saw the words Kevin and James in the title, I assumed the thread was about someone else...

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 8:58pm
^LOL

Well, I just happen to be a 'Kevin' and I hate this freaking commercial!!  And my name! Angry

I would be a better Pat, or Miles...Miles O'Toole. LOL Nevermind.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I would be a better Pat, or Miles...Miles O'Toole. LOL Nevermind.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 10:11pm
I should have taken GulDukat's  title at face value, if you watch till the end you see who is selling what.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 10:36pm
I had to Google Gul Dukat to find out who it is.
GulDukat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GulDukat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 2:31am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

He's only the greatest character in Trek history! Watch DS9, ASAP:

If you have a few minutes:

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 2:38am
Originally posted by GulDukat GulDukat wrote:

He's only the greatest character in Trek history! Watch DS9, ASAP:

I am what you might call "Trek challenged".

Or maybe just a Trek moron.

I know next to nothing about any incarnation of the show beyond the original.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 6:26am
Kevin can Censoreding wait... forever. 

LOL
GulDukat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GulDukat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:00am
Also doesn't make a lot of sense--looks like he is born in the 70's, judging by dad's clothes, then when he is a teen, say 17 years later, his clothes and music suggest it's the same year. Dying mom and dead dad was too much, even for one of these corny commercials.

So he is born in say 1972, a teen in 1977 and ready to retire in 2017, at the ripe old age of 45, but somehow looks 20 years older.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 11:02am
Originally posted by GulDukat GulDukat wrote:

Also doesn't make a lot of sense--looks like he is born in the 70's, judging by dad's clothes, then when he is a teen, say 17 years later, his clothes and music suggest it's the same year. Dying mom and dead dad was too much, even for one of these corny commercials.

So he is born in say 1972, a teen in 1977 and ready to retire in 2017, at the ripe old age of 45, but somehow looks 20 years older.

I'm guessing 1972 was a typo.

1972 to 1977 is only 5 years.

You obviously meant to type 1962.

But then again, if he was around 17 in 1977, it would've been more like 1960.

Whatever.

Know what you meant.

jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 2:46am
I've always liked the name Kevin, so I think it's fun they chose that name for the ad. 

The "how's your mom" moment at the end seems a bit dicey to me. She very well could be dead.

Huge gaffe at the end. The way the ad is filmed, you're drawn to the movement of the 2 people walking away on either side of the picture - instead of Kevin and the woman he's talking to. Kinda dumb. 
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 3:21am
Originally posted by jon1 jon1 wrote:

I've always liked the name Kevin, so I think it's fun they chose that name for the ad. 

The "how's your mom" moment at the end seems a bit dicey to me. She very well could be dead.

Huge gaffe at the end. The way the ad is filmed, you're drawn to the movement of the 2 people walking away on either side of the picture - instead of Kevin and the woman he's talking to. Kinda dumb. 

You must have LOVED Home Alone 1 and 2 especially the worried,"Kevin!" from the Mom when she realized she left Kevin at home in Home Alone and the panicked "Kevin!" She does in Home Alone 2: Lost In New York when she realizes Kevin is not with them at the airport. I do love the differences between the "Kevins" she does. The second "Kevin," is way worse as she had no idea where Kevin was, whereas in the first Home Alone she at least knew she left him at home although he WAS only 8 but acted more like a 13 year old.
Someone on Youtube commented,"I'd rather have my son Home Alone than lost in New York." He got like 10 thumbs up.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 5:44pm

When I saw the words Kevin and James in the title, I assumed the thread was about someone else...

*shudder* Kevin James, one of the many spawns of Satan. I despise this man. Dead
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 5:59pm
^LOL  Don't hold back, 3J.  Tell us how you really feel!  Wink

Freaking ABC, I am way out of the preferred demographic these days.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic