Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Radio Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Radio: "I"m getting a big Hug from Smokey Bear..."
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Radio: "I"m getting a big Hug from Smokey Bear..."

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MEllis72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radio: "I"m getting a big Hug from Smokey Bear..."
    Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 6:28pm
I've heard this commercial enough on my favorite talk radio station here in Denver to loathe it.  "Dynovite" is still at the top of the list, but this one deserves a special place in commercial hell.
  It starts out with some guy, his voice sounding anxious ( he's trying to play someone who is cold, but sounds like a guy who has been the unwilling "friend" in a bear den for a few months.)    "I'm getting a big hug from Smokey Bear because I drowned out my fire, stirred it, then drowned it out again, until it was CoOOOOOlllld".  Then, seeming almost embarrassed by his bad impersonation, or surprised himself at how weird he does sound, the announcer says, "Hah", switches to his own normal voice, "Go to smokey bear .com to learn more about forest fires".. 

Much more thought could've been put into this total garbage ad to make a valid impersonation of a ,"Cold guy".  He clearly sucks at it, is over the top, and I think he knows it....  I gave it the Nuke sign because it needs vaporized; but to prevent forest fires I will suggest it be a Neutron Bomb ( more radiation, less flame and heat, )  dropped on his figurative shack or house, in whose basement he resides.  Commercials I hate Staff, I beg of thee to Nuke this ad, now.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 6:34pm
It, or something similar has been on TV too.
MEllis72 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MEllis72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 7:34pm
The sound is the guy getting hugged by smokey bear.  We hear the shortened version of it.  I just found the commercials on the Ad council website here, which actually make sense.  http://www.adcouncil.org/Our-Campaigns/Family-Community/Wildfire-Prevention

I still say Nuke this ad.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 8:24pm
Hipsters in the woods.  Cell phone photo and already posted it.  Gotta keep up with the times.  What:  No selfie with Smokey Bear???

Major fail.
MEllis72 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MEllis72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:24am
I want to see the Real Smokey BEAR come in and just decide he's done hugging, its time to remove the head with one swipe of paw...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic