Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The View

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The View
    Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 4:20pm

I can't find an existing thread here, on The View.

I find it hard to believe that no one has talked about it yet....

So here goes:

The View is getting more ridiculous these days.  I am currently hating Elizabeth Hasselbeck, the most.  She's making me hate Republicans, as a species.

My apologies to the Republicans who may be reading this.  I don't hate you, specifically.  But Elizabeth Hasselbeck, on The View, isn't doing your party any favors.

I want her to just shut up. Angry
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Sponsored Links

shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 4:42pm
Where I work, I call our office the view.
I work with all women and let me tell you.........Unhappy

Back on topic:
I cannot believe that this show is still on the air.
I guess it fits right in there with daytime tv.
was feeling nostalgic
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

My apologies to the Republicans who may be reading this.  I don't hate you, specifically.  But Elizabeth Hasselbeck, on The View, isn't doing your party any favors.

Don't feel bad.  I find Joy Behar to be a foul, stupid pig.  And talk about visually repulsive...

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 5:54pm
That's funny - Joy doesn't bug me at all.  I think she's funny and she has a cute hairdo.

Elizabeth continues to sling "what about Barack Obama?!?!" whenever anyone says anything about McCain, only she never backs it up with anything of substance.  She also never get around to actually defending McCain - not that I've noticed.

The most irritatating thing, about all of them, is that they get riled up and speak over each other, making it nearly impossible to decipher what any one of them is saying.

Shadow has a good point - why is this show even still on the air?

Although - Sara Silverman was on today.  She was funny.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 6:34pm
Cackling Hen Hour.
These women aren't qualified to talk about ANYTHING on the air. It's pathetic.
ESPECIALLY Sherri Shepherd who is downright DUMB.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by NathanAlexander NathanAlexander wrote:

Cackling Hen Hour.

Exactly what I thought when I saw this thread! I was going to try and find a video of the Family Guy clip of the View, but I'm having trouble finding it. All the ladies are standing around squawking like chickens. Then one lays an egg and they all squawk contently.
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 8:37pm
That 'talking over each other' crap is too much! Do the 'View Shrews' model that from the way women tend to speak/shriek when they're in groups of friends, or vice versa?
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 9:40pm
A random act of violence on the set would be fun.
Say, a person runs by and smacks one of them with a mackerel.
The others could debate on it.
was feeling nostalgic
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 9:50pm
"Which smells worse, the mackerel or Joy Behar?"LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 11:22pm
There is a time, there is a place, and there is a show for everyone.
I simply have no interest in knowing anyone this show exists for.
Shame on Whoopie.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 11:35pm
My wife records this show and watches it after she gets home from work. She says it clears her mind as the inane conversation goes on.

I go to my office and go online to this site and view the "Flame Room". 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 11:49pm

My apologies, Hooty - certainly would love to meet the Hootette - she's exempt from my comment.

My wife watches soap operas to cleanse her mind...(filthy thing!)

My mind is blank - I just come here...
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2008 at 1:46am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Don't feel bad.  I find Joy Behar to be a foul, stupid pig.  And talk about visually repulsive...

Shocked  Bit harsh there, Thor?  Do you watch "The View" daily?  She's actually one of the brighter bulbs on the panel.  I watch just for Joy's seering comments.  She adds spice to the show.  As does Whoopi.  "Scary" Shephard is just too ridiculous to be true.  She actually has to stop and think whether the earth is round or flat, and actually believes the story of Noah's Ark!  LOLLOLLOL
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2008 at 2:29am
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

A random act of violence on the set would be fun.
Say, a person runs by and smacks one of them with a mackerel.
The others could debate on it.

LOL

Is it me or does the "V" in the logo represent something other than a letter???? was that intentional????

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2008 at 4:39pm
The Vacuousness and Vapidity of the panelists!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2008 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

Shocked  Bit harsh there, Thor?  Do you watch "The View" daily? 

No, and no.

Joy Behar is actually even less appealing than Rita Cosby.  I picture them both hanging out at the Embassy Suites happy hour, getting drunk on wine, laughing loudly, and hooking up with any 60 y/o man with a wedding ring and a Rolex watch.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2008 at 6:10pm

I can't find an existing thread here, on The View.

I find it hard to believe that no one has talked about it yet....

So here goes:

The View is getting more ridiculous these days.  I am currently hating Elizabeth Hasselbeck, the most.  She's making me hate Republicans, as a species.

Nobody talks about it because nobody watches it. Wink

But I couldn't agree more with you about that Elizabeth nitwit.

She is nothing but the boob-jobbed airhead wife of some second string pro-athlete who got her job because of her fake boobs & her husband's sports noteriety.

She is living proof of the axiom "beauty is only skin deep".

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2008 at 6:16pm

Shocked  Bit harsh there, Thor?  Do you watch "The View" daily?  She's actually one of the brighter bulbs on the panel.  I watch just for Joy's seering comments.  She adds spice to the show.  As does Whoopi.  "Scary" Shephard is just too ridiculous to be true.  She actually has to stop and think whether the earth is round or flat, and actually believes the story of Noah's Ark!  LOLLOLLOL 

You can't take such comments out of Thor seriously. He only says stuff like that as payback for negative things said about conservatives. It's like..."You said something bad about a conservative, so I'm going to say something even worse about a liberal.", even though he knows damn good & well it's not true.

Thor knows that Elizabeth gal is an empty headed, dull-minded ding-a-ling, but he could never admit it because he has established himself as the resident defender of conservatism. Wink

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2008 at 7:49pm

The fact that Elizabeth Hasselbeck would take the money to be on that bitchfest, knowing that she'd be the butt of most of the jokes/criticism from the cast and audience, tells me that she's just in it for the self-promotion.

shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2008 at 9:24pm
It seems many tv personalities are attention whores to begin with.
Perhaps it is a prerequisite for acting.

Self promotion feeds that need.
was feeling nostalgic
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2008 at 11:02pm

There you go again with your hateful intolerance towards religionAngry
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2008 at 12:18am
Skib, you think Noah's ark actually existed?
anankha View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anankha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2008 at 12:54am
I like The View(somewhat) but I agree with you on Elizabeth Hasselback(sp?). She's so annoying. I also hate Sherri Shepherd.  She's really not all that smart.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2008 at 1:16am
Originally posted by Skibibbles Skibibbles wrote:

There you go again with your hateful intolerance towards religionAngry

I hardly think that my being amused at the people who take the bible's more ridiculous "stories" as truth is being "hateful".   So spare me your "maddy faced" smilie because using it shows you have the same intolerance you accused me of.   Some of us do not believe in the utter nonsense written and re-written by supersititious, ancient, and probably very drunk people. Belly of a whale, pillars of salt, arks with a pair of every animal on it,  aged women giving birth.  Yep sorry...it frightens me to think people believe in these things but won't allow their kids to participate in Halloween activities!  But I will say the bible is a great work of fiction!  Sadly though most religious people I know have never read it.  Wink 
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2008 at 2:25am

Shocked  Bit harsh there, Thor?  Do you watch "The View" daily? 

No, and no.

Joy Behar is actually even less appealing than Rita Cosby.  I picture them both hanging out at the Embassy Suites happy hour, getting drunk on wine, laughing loudly, and hooking up with any 60 y/o man with a wedding ring and a Rolex watch.

Hmmm.  Well Joy doesn't pretend to be a journalist or court reporter.  She's just a stand-up comic and writer who makes for an interesting host or co-host.  Joy's been married and divorced and has been a relationship with a nice man for over 20 years.  If you don't watch "The View" or really know who Joy Behar is, I just don't get the "foul, stupid pig" comment.   She isn't any of those things.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic