Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV violence getting wayy too excessive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asnotseenontv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV violence getting wayy too excessive
    Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 2:12am
I used to love Sons oif Anarchy on FX until the ep where a child rapist gets his nuts gouged out...DeadDeadDead and you see the blood covered things on the dirt ground, and the guy dies from it on top of that screaming and lurching...DeadDeadDeadDead

What's next, a guy getting his dick chopped off?
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 2:22am
Stern%20Smile
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
BadWX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadWX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 3:33am
Originally posted by Asnotseenontv Asnotseenontv wrote:

I used to love Sons oif Anarchy on FX until the ep where a child rapist gets his nuts gouged out...DeadDeadDead and you see the blood covered things on the dirt ground, and the guy dies from it on top of that screaming and lurching...DeadDeadDeadDead

I can't think of a better punishment.  Appropriate, painful and it prevents the SOB from ever hurting another kid.

Asnotseenontv View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asnotseenontv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 3:42am
Originally posted by BadWX BadWX wrote:

I can't think of a better punishment.  Appropriate, painful and it prevents the SOB from ever hurting another kid.

A bit excessive to show tho...Dead
BadWX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadWX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 3:47am

A bit excessive to show tho...Dead

Agreed.

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 2:09pm
If you've ever seen the older (Pre-1960s) Horror Movies they NEVER had Graphic Violence! A Monster would stalk its Victim, there would be the appropiate Music, the Victim would turn, the Monster Attacks, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! Shocked

Then in a later scene a Character would say, (After finding what's left of the Victim) something like "Don't go in there, its Horrible! He (Or She) was torn limb to limb!" and that was that. The Viewers were left TO THEIR IMAGINATIONS on what happened to the victim!

Nowaday, of course it's a whole diifferant story!Dead
Poiuyt Power!!!
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 3:02pm
It's the same with sex scenes, I am sick to death of watching other people go at it! in old movies the point is made without all the writhing flesh. I tried to watch "Bones," but that is pretty graphic. Spare me the charred remains!!!DeadDeadDead { it would be great if child rapists could be de-nutted though!]
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

If you've ever seen the older (Pre-1960s) Horror Movies they NEVER had Graphic Violence! A Monster would stalk its Victim, there would be the appropiate Music, the Victim would turn, the Monster Attacks, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! Shocked

Then in a later scene a Character would say, (After finding what's left of the Victim) something like "Don't go in there, its Horrible! He (Or She) was torn limb to limb!" and that was that. The Viewers were left TO THEIR IMAGINATIONS on what happened to the victim!

Maybe Night of the Living Dead helped change that.  Even then, the violence wasn't that graphic.  It did, however, show people's organs being eaten.  That was around 1966, I think.

BadWX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadWX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

Maybe Night of the Living Dead helped change that.  Even then, the violence wasn't that graphic.  It did, however, show people's organs being eaten.  That was around 1966, I think.

Hmmm...the year I was born.  There must be a connection.
badp View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by BadWX BadWX wrote:

The only bad part about it is that it's not real.  Make it real and show it on TV and I'll be happy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic