Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chef Tony's "Smart Lids"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chef Tony's "Smart Lids"
    Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 6:29pm
This is ONE infomercial that ALWAYS grabs me - I THINK I actually want some of these...besides obviously being crazy, am I nuts, or does anyone else see value in these?
Place one of these over any ol' bowl, press down, instant seal and suction! Kind of like 'Super Saran Wrap'. 

Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 7:37pm
Don't see how you really could go wrong, Pa. Just try to find them locally to avoid S&H charges. What are they, like $10?
Load a bowl up with 15lbs of nuts & bolts like the ad, and see if they don't spill out.Wink
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 7:46pm
Please have your wife take a video of you doing so, Pa.Big%20smile

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 8:20pm
Hey CW! Smile
We both do a lot of 'creative cooking'; weekends are MINE!Wink And I really love the responsibility - thus, I'm REAL picky about what I use, what I create...and, well, if 'Chef Tony' were to give a 'Tupperware Party', I'd probably be there (we all have our 'soft sides', now don't we?LOL)
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 8:41pm
I love TV gadgets.        I want me some too!  Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 10:43pm
I CANNOT get these out of my mind!!! I'm pretty sure I'll be able to give a 'buyer's review', before long.Big%20smile
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 11:49pm
https://www.tvproductscentral.com/buysmartlidz/ver1/index.asp?did=644&refcode=smrt1

Well, who wouldn't get excited over "space age polymers", Pa? Give 'em a try, and do the nut & bolt test, too.Big%20smile
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 12:26am
Make sure the nuts & bolts test is on video.....Big%20smile

ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 6:01pm

Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 8:34am
WOW, now that's one I can't make fun of!! LOL I might just have to plunk down some coin for those.
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 11:11pm
To quote that lady in Napoleon Dynamite when Uncle Rico showed her the model wooden ship:  "I want that."
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 12:23am
The lady who 'fumbles' with those pesky lids that fit bothers me.
I mean what kind of tool must you be to grab a 20 inch lid and frantically try to see if it fits a 4 inch bowl.  I HATE over exaggerations in ads.  I want to yell at the tv 'if you cannot handle simple things like that, how the f**k do you think you will do with a gadget?!?!?'
was feeling nostalgic
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 3:18pm
I've got enough plastic containers in my cabinet and in my life.  I don't think I'd have much use for this product.  They'd end up in the back of my cabinet with my stacks of about 80 of those black dishes that frozen meals come with.

I wouldn't mind a few those green freshness bags they advertise on TV.  I hear those work well.

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 10:38pm
There was a thread going about those green freshness bags.  Consensus was that they're pretty OK, but a pain in the neck to wash and dry all the time.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 11:40pm
I had a friend who used to wash his ziploc bags and keep reusing them.
Those green bags remind me of him.
was feeling nostalgic
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 2:52pm
I wonder how long those plastic membranes will last before they get old & worn out from use then split open?
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 5:47am
Hey! What's wrong with re-using Ziploc bags?? Especially to tote a silly sandwich to work now and then. They can be rinsed out if need be.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic