Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Obnoxious local car dealer ads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Obnoxious local car dealer ads
    Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 10:29pm
I've always felt there should be a sub forum for stupid local ads.

Since we all know that every area has obnoxious car dealer ads, this can be a catch-all thread for them.

This is one of a series of similar ads for the same car dealer that had been around for some time. I thought they had mercifully ceased to be, but I was wrong.

This one has the same three "dancers" and the same stupid, annoying "Everyone's F.R.A.N.K." song as all the previous ones.

But somehow, they figured out a way to make this one even stupider than all the others.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 11:44pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 1:05am
We get bombarded by this obnoxious jerk trying to channel Trump with his "It's HUUUUUUGE!!" crap.

When they first started, every time his wife would try to get a word in edgewise, he'd talk right over her.

It was kinda funny.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 8:29pm
I don't know how much "Hartford Toyota COME and get YOUR CAR!" OR "I'm Jill Mariam I'm a dealer FOR THE PEOPLE!" OR "CRAZY 88S IS BACK FROM BA BA BA BA BA BARBRINO!" I can stand! That's the ones that have been contaminating my brain. 2 of those are radio ads 1 is TV. Very annoying!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 11:43pm
This one has been airing non stop for years.
Over and over...a new ad every week, it's a bunch of noise! Angry

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 12:02am
Ugh!!!! Those are AWFUL, TNIP!!!

I cannot imagine having to hear that all day every day....

MrPink View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 11:17am
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 2:30pm
^

Legalize weed and this is what you get!!!

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by MrPink MrPink wrote:

LOL WTF!?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 1:47am
Lots of these car dealers buy a sh*t package from some ad or marketing company. So, in Boston you could have Wicked Motors, In New York you have Mortie and Guido's carporium, in Cameltoe, Kentucky there's Inbread Thurobreads, and here in Baltimore one dealer with a common name that is opposite of white has these ads with a stupid jingle sung to the Lone Ranger theme saying do the dif, do the dif, the dif dif dif dif. And of course Wicked, Mortie/Guido, Inbread also share the same lame jingle if that makes sense.
I approve this message.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 1:53am
That Shaggy Disco stuff is hilarious!!!!

I can't stop watching it!!!!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 2:08am
WinkI don't know if I consider this 'obnoxious', but it IS real (and one of my favorite commercials). My youngest daughter went to college not too far from High Point and sent this to me when it first popped up on spewtube, a few year back.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 3:09am
^ That was pretty good.

But wait till you get a load of these guys.

Two somewhat "portly" brothers who had a couple of used car lots, first in Melbourne then they expanded to Orlando. They'd do these 30 minute long commercial blocks like you see on some local channels these days and basically run them on a loop.

They started becoming so popular, people would just sit and watch them for the entire 30 minutes.

Here are some of the goofy bits they used to do...

There were several more, but I can't find video of them.

They don't run anymore. I think the family went out of business.

michael971 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 10:51am
Think of it this way. It gives work to some dancers.
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 3:33am
I can't stand the HHHUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEE guy! Plus, he's so freaking rude to that lady. Can't stand him!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic