Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kmart-Christmas in September!? are ya kidding me!?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kmart-Christmas in September!? are ya kidding me!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kmart-Christmas in September!? are ya kidding me!?
    Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 8:02pm
Just saw a commercial depicting Santa Claus incognito with an elf, shopping for a Christmas list! At the end the lady voiceover says "It's never too early to shop for your list!"
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 8:32pm
This happens every year. I'm used to it by now. In my area, they started putting the halloween stuff out at the end of July this year.
I don't patronize bunny rabbits!
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 4:32pm
Seriously? I shouldn't be shocked, I recall they aired a creepy Gingerbread cookie peeking around an office on Labor Day a few years ago!

I REALLY wish KMart will crawl up in a f**king ball and rot away. These are the SOB's that started the whole open on Thanksgiving trend..(Open at 6am Thanksgiving Day, close Black Friday at 11:59pm) Failing company holding on by a tiny thread..I still have no idea how they are surviving. 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 4:39pm

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 6:50pm
Are those pot leaves on Santa's shirt? Is Santa stoned?

I'm already seeing a lot of toy commercials, they don't even have to mention Christmas and I know their intention.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:00pm
I'm not shocked or saddened or anything at Chistmas being sold in September.  In fact, they can start marketing the holiday in April, as far as I'm concerned.  I just don't care.

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Are those pot leaves on Santa's shirt? Is Santa stoned?

I'm already seeing a lot of toy commercials, they don't even have to mention Christmas and I know their intention.

I guess in many places now, they can just rename the reindeer "Blitzed".

In other news, Rudolph's brother is a reindeer named Ralph, who has an infrared emitter on his nose.
One of these days, I'm going to create a whole new cast of Christmas characters, starting with the Nativity scene.  It will be the most profane thing you ever saw.

In fact, I'm thinking about borrowing some inspiration from "The Walking Dead".

Let's see K-Mart put THAT on its shelves!

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:25pm
K-Mart is closing my local Yakima location by December. No more layaway, blue light specials or Little Caesar's Pizza for the valley. Nearest location is now Walla Walla. Wouldn't mind having a Winco Foods in there...it's large enough. But it will probably sit vacant for years to come...or become a homeless shelter.

http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/business/local/yakima-kmart-store-to-close-by-year-s-end/article_98395d9c-7e87-11e6-b323-e3cb85b15d6b.html
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:32am
Christmas in September, because many of their stores will be closed by Christmas.  The one here in Grand Island, NE closed in 2014, the one in Hastings a couple months ago, and the one in Kearney is starting their liquidation sale on Thursday before it closes in December.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:38am
I know we're under 100 days until Christmas, but with the sh*t I'm going through this year... Christmas is the last thing on my mind!

I don't even want to buy a gift for my nieces this year!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 4:11am
Quote I don't even want to buy a gift for my nieces this year!

Scrape together 2 bucks and go to Dollar Tree.  Pretty sure you'll find something...  Wink
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 11:03pm
Our Kmart is the epitome of depression. Everything looks shabby and used and desperate. It won't being until they take the wrecking ball to that miserable house of bell.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 12:14am
^  Same with the one I used to go to.  Always made me imagine the Soviet Union, circa 1980.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 12:53am
There were a couple of pretty nice ones around here. One of them I shopped at all the time. Bought countless things there.

There was a third one, the shabbiest one of the three that I ever shopped at, which was the last one to close down.

I liked K-Mart. Sad to see them go.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 12:58am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

K-Mart is closing my local Yakima location by December. No more layaway, blue light specials or Little Caesar's Pizza for the valley. Nearest location is now Walla Walla. Wouldn't mind having a Winco Foods in there...it's large enough. But it will probably sit vacant for years to come...or become a homeless shelter.

There's always the chance that after K-Mart closes, Little Caesar's might open a stand alone location.

You could always start an email campaign and pester them about it. Maybe all they need is to have it brought to their attention.

Print up a petition and stand outside K-Mart getting people to sign it.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 1:52am
All the K-Marts in the Daytona Beach/New Smyrna Beach area all all closed.
Poiuyt Power!!!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 2:12am
I just saw earlier today that 64 more KMarts are closing, on top of the 75 that already closed a few months ago. Doesn't sound like a lot, I know. This could be is the slowest death I have ever seen of a major retail chain.

Cranedy Pouth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranedy Pouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 2:44am
I'm surprised KMart is still in business especially with Walmart being the current to go to store and that Kmart has been in financial trouble for years now.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 8:00am

At my Walgreens, I had to ring up a few Santa Claus and Reindeer toys.  Yesterday.  I was disgusted.  Christmas is over 3 months away! No, just no!

My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 9:35pm
I'm surprised that if they want to close stores, why not just file for bankruptcy, liquidate everything and go out of business entirely? That's what Sports Authority did. Sears is desperate. K-Mart would have been better off without Sears' help. In the early 1990s they had upwards of 2,000, close to 2,500 stores.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 6:55am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Seriously? I shouldn't be shocked, I recall they aired a creepy Gingerbread cookie peeking around an office on Labor Day a few years ago!

I REALLY wish KMart will crawl up in a f**king ball and rot away. These are the SOB's that started the whole open on Thanksgiving trend..(Open at 6am Thanksgiving Day, close Black Friday at 11:59pm) Failing company holding on by a tiny thread. I still have no idea how they are surviving. 

K-Mart and Sears are the same company. They are both anachronisms. Sears probably peaked in the 50's. K-Mart is so 70's. They now own Lands End. At least their uniform division isn't the stuff to write home about. Their clothes self destruct. Probably made in some third world sweat shop. Our dumbass government will probably bail them out and they'll be around like a persistent hemmorhoid that doesn't want to go away. And hence Christmas Creep by April Fools Day and sh*tty commercials.
I approve this message.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

I'm surprised that if they want to close stores, why not just file for bankruptcy, liquidate everything and go out of business entirely? That's what Sports Authority did. Sears is desperate. K-Mart would have been better off without Sears' help. In the early 1990s they had upwards of 2,000, close to 2,500 stores.

A Judge or Court won't allow bankruptcy unless you can't meet obligations:  restructuring protection if there is a viable plan to repay creditors, and liquidation protection if no viable plan is possible.

There is money to be made when a company goes out of business.  (Many people do not understand that.)

Also, a company cannot (usually) spin off unprofitable units and stiff its creditors by filing for bankruptcy protections if it has assets or other profitable units that can help pay its debt.  For example, if K-Mart has half their stores that don't make any profits (maybe even a drag on the rest of the company), they can't close them via bankruptcy if other K-Mart stores are profitable.  They might be able to restructure though, depending on the circumstances.  But if K-Mart owned other companies that were "just fine" financially, again, they would have to bust-out K-Mart into its own entity in order for that entity to qualify for bankruptcy protections - and you can bet the creditors won't allow that, and probably have banking and borrowing covenants to prevent it.
Moodybooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moodybooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 9:29pm
They are beyond desperate. Our local store closed two months ago. For better or worse, it simply couldn't compete with Wal-Mart.

On the positive side, I got some great deals on closeout items.

Men don't care what's on TV. They only care what else is on TV.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 9:47pm
On the other hand, I'm really surprised Yakima's location is closing. Sure, there's a Walmart on the next exit northbound. But K-Mart was right next to I-82 and still had lots of cars in the parking lot. It's the closest department store to Moxee, a heavily-growing community of 3,300...a 300% increase over 2000 (only 821 back then)!! Now they will have to drive another 2 to 3 miles for clothing and housewares.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic