Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toujeo - "Daily Groove"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toujeo - "Daily Groove"
    Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 4:55pm
New updated commercial for Toujeo with some a**hat dancing around like a complete jagoff

And another commercial taking a classic tune and destroying it.Angry
F off!

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/ArQh/toujeo-daily-groove

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 7:04pm
My dog did the (I'm laying down and you can't make me move) thing to me this morning.
She is 80 pounds and old so I sure as heck was not going to drag her.
She ended up following me to the garage door, I wanted to put her out before I went to the store.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 8:46pm
I picked this one just randomly, how about half of the commercials being warnings about side effects? Angry

Warnings and Precautions

Toujeo® contains the same active ingredient, insulin glargine, as Lantus®. The concentration of insulin glargine in Toujeo® is 300 units per mL.

Insulin pens and needles must never be shared between patients. Do NOT reuse needles.

Monitor blood glucose in all patients treated with insulin. Modify insulin regimens cautiously and only under medical supervision. Changes in insulin strength, manufacturer, type, or method of administration may result in the need for a change in insulin dose or an adjustment in concomitant oral antidiabetic treatment. Changes in insulin regimen may result in hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia.

Unit for unit, patients started on, or changed to, Toujeo® required a higher dose than patients controlled with Lantus®. When changing from another basal insulin to Toujeo®, patients experienced higher average fasting plasma glucose levels in the first few weeks of therapy until titrated to their individualized fasting plasma glucose targets. Higher doses were required in titrate-to-target studies to achieve glucose control similar to Lantus®.

Hypoglycemia is the most common adverse reaction of insulin therapy, including Toujeo®, and may be life-threatening.

Medication errors such as accidental mix-ups between basal insulin products and other insulins, particularly rapid-acting insulins, have been reported. Patients should be instructed to always verify the insulin label before each injection.

Do not dilute or mix Toujeo® with any other insulin or solution. If mixed or diluted, the solution may become cloudy, and the onset of action/time to peak effect may be altered in an unpredictable manner. Do not administer Toujeo® via an insulin pump or intravenously because severe hypoglycemia can occur.

Severe life-threatening, generalized allergy, including anaphylaxis, can occur. Discontinue Toujeo®, monitor and treat if indicated.

A reduction in the Toujeo® dose may be required in patients with renal or hepatic impairment.

As with all insulins, Toujeo® use can lead to life-threatening hypokalemia. Untreated hypokalemia may cause respiratory paralysis, ventricular arrhythmia, and death. Closely monitor potassium levels in patients at risk of hypokalemia and treat if indicated.

Fluid retention, which may lead to or exacerbate heart failure, can occur with concomitant use of thiazolidinediones (TZDs) with insulin. These patients should be observed for signs and symptoms of heart failure. If heart failure occurs, dosage reduction or discontinuation of TZD must be considered.

Drug Interactions

Certain drugs may affect glucose metabolism, requiring insulin dose adjustment and close monitoring of blood glucose. The signs of hypoglycemia may be reduced in patients taking anti-adrenergic drugs (eg, beta-blockers, clonidine, guanethidine, and reserpine).

Adverse Reactions

Adverse reactions commonly associated with Toujeo® include hypoglycemia, allergic reactions, injection site reactions, lipodystrophy, pruritus, rash, edema and weight gain.

Important Safety Information for Toujeo® (insulin glargine injection) 300 Units/mL SoloStar®

Toujeo® SoloStar® is a disposable prefilled insulin pen. To help ensure an accurate dose each time, patients should follow all steps in the Instruction Leaflet accompanying the pen; otherwise they may not get the correct amount of insulin, which may affect their blood glucose levels.

Do not withdraw Toujeo® from the SoloStar® disposable prefilled pen with a syringe.

• “Certified Diabetes Educator” and “CDE” are certification marks owned and registered by the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (NCBDE). NCBDE is not affiliated in any way with Sanofi US. NCBDE does not sponsor or endorse any diabetes-related products or services.
  • This offer is not valid for prescriptions covered by or submitted for reimbursement under Medicare, Medicaid, VA, DOD, or TRICARE, or similar federal or state programs including any state medical pharmaceutical programs. Void where prohibited by law. Savings Card carries maximum savings of $500 off per pack for the duration of the program. Savings may vary depending on patient’s out-of-pocket costs. Upon registration, patient receives all program details. Sanofi reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend the program without notice.

© 2002-2016 sanofi-aventis U.S. LLC. All rights reserved.
Legal Disclaimer|Privacy Policy|Contact Us
This site is intended for use by U.S. Healthcare Professionals only.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 12:16am
I hate these stupid effing names they dream up for this crap.

I'm not kidding here, but when I first heard the word Toujeo, I wasn't sure if it was a drug or a new model of car.

"With all of its standard advanced features, you should be driving the new...

...Buick Toujeo!!!"

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 1:08am
^LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I picked this one just randomly, how about half of the commercials being warnings about side effects? Angry

This has been my pet peeve for years!! Literally 10,15 seconds of what the pill does...then the remaining 45 seconds of horrific possible side effects. "Stop if this causes sweating, severe pain in stomach, bleeding out of the eyes or rectum, "BlahBlah" may cause certain cancers, Don't take "Blahblah" if you are planning you have children" Holy sh*t..stfu!!

I DESPISE these medication ads! Lot of them now are for controlling diabetes. I'm seeing a lot more for post-Chemo treatment, hell...a few ads promoting pills for terminal cancer  'live longer.'

Optivo...that kind of sounds like a car model also.  LOL

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

^LOL
I thought of a Mexican beer or Japanese vehicle. I saw Mitsubishi Monteros in Europe badged as Pajeros. A South American cat.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 4:12am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

This has been my pet peeve for years!! Literally 10,15 seconds of what the pill does...then the remaining 45 seconds of horrific possible side effects. "Stop if this causes sweating, severe pain in stomach, bleeding out of the eyes or rectum, "BlahBlah" may cause certain cancers, Don't take "Blahblah" if you are planning you have children" Holy sh*t..stfu!!

I DESPISE these medication ads! Lot of them now are for controlling diabetes. I'm seeing a lot more for post-Chemo treatment, hell...a few ads promoting pills for terminal cancer  'live longer.'

Optivo...that kind of sounds like a car model also.  LOL
WinkFirst thing I thought of:
 Related image<<<---'side effect number one': Danny "I'm going to kill you if you do not take your Toujeo!" Trejo

but, like TNIP, I also was reminded me of these:

Image result for opal car

Opel GT - remember these? They're making a come-back now, but with an increased price tag.
~~~
On the flip-side, I couldn't agree more about the side-effect silliness - especially when I hear those that mention "including death", or in one case (I can't recall who) mentioned "death-like symptoms". 

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Related image Trejo

but, like TNIP, I also was reminded me of these:

BoldImage result for opal car

Opel GT - remember these? They're making a come-back now, but with an increased price tag.

LOLLOL Wilford Brimley wasn't too threatening when he would yell at us "CHECK YOU'RE BLOOD SUGAR AND CHECK IT OFTEN!"

(LOL at this YouTube clip)

Yeah, if Danny Trejo asked this...you're damn right I'd take my diabetes medication ASAP!
This mofo scares me.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 5:06pm
They don't mention one of the obvious side effects...It makes you dance around like fairy princess. Angry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I hate these stupid effing names they dream up for this crap.

I'm not kidding here, but when I first heard the word Toujeo, I wasn't sure if it was a drug or a new model of car.

"With all of its standard advanced features, you should be driving the new...

...Buick Toujeo!!!"

LOLLOL

The New Roid Probe

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 12:25am
What is it with all these big pharma commercials that name their products like babies in the hood? Troujeau, Pristiq.
I approve this message.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 8:27pm
This jackass reminds me of Fred Flintstone... LOL ... and about as graceful, too.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic