Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Internet Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Classmates.com is the Geico of internet ads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Classmates.com is the Geico of internet ads
    Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 5:38am
Need I say more?
Sponsored Links

Tammy Turbo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 9:40pm
Nope,I think you said it all. It seems to be on about every site I go to.  Very annoying!
I don't push the envelope,I lick it.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 1:58pm
There are certain websites I visit where I have to make sure my "Arrow" DOES NOT touch the ad, or it will take over the entire page!Angry
Poiuyt Power!!!
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 2:58pm
By now they actually have me convinced that I DID go to high school with "her" and that she DID marry "him," and yet I still don't care.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
AntiAds View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntiAds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 5:36am
LOL so true!!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 5:46am
well look what I found.

Dead

aw nuts the little blinker thing was moving a minute ago, why ain't it moving now? LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jack View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Fomerly Takeikin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 8:46am
It's set to loop three times, I guess.
shebazz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shebazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 7:41pm
Hooray, I can hook up with people I haven't cared about for 10 years! We can relive half remembered crap that doesn't matter. 
Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2009 at 10:08pm
Classmates has been replaced by a free service, it's called Facebook.
Jaded90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaded90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 3:17am
Vindicated has a really good point!
Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Jaded90 Jaded90 wrote:

Vindicated has a really good point!

Why thank you!

When it first came out It provided a decent service (before Facebook hit it big) including announcing my HS's 10 year reunion and getting me in contact with an old girlfriend. For one year I was even a "gold member". But each year they kept striping away feature after feature for it's free members making it useless. Then last year while doing a self-google I noticed that they allowed my private profile to be index on the net! So I dropped them for good.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 9:47pm
I don't know how long this will last, but on some sites I found a way to get around getting "Greeted" by these Infernal Pop-Ups.Angry When I am on a site, and I want to go to a thread where these kinds of ads will get "stuck in your face" if you click the link, I will open the link in another tab. That way I get around these pesky Pop-Ups!
Poiuyt Power!!!
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 4:49am
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

By now they actually have me convinced that I DID go to high school with "her" and that she DID marry "him," and yet I still don't care.

Wow what a coincedence I may have went to highschool with her too and she did marry him and had 9 kids but them jerks didn't invite me to the wedding.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic