Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pepto-Bismol/Husband eats dog treats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pepto-Bismol/Husband eats dog treats
    Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 4:30am
Yawn.  Just another dumb husband commercial.  This time, the husband eats dog treats.  It's really getting absurd at this point, and we've certainly talked about this sort of commercial enough.  But what the hey---I'll post it anyway.  

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 5:05am
This makes NO sense, is the dog sick as well? he/she looks uncomfortable.

WHY the f**k would a human eat dog treats????

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
shebazz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shebazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 5:09am
What, you guys were never curious? I mean, everyone at some time or another...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 5:51am
I've tasted dog treats.  They're bland.  I've also tried some cat treats (cereal-coated cranberry mash).  Pretty good.  Could probably use a little sugar.  Or some HFCS.

Sounds like the guy in the commercial, though, was eating the dog treats by the handful.

shebazz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shebazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 6:13am
The bones on the table looked like meaty bones, which I imagine would have more flavor than plain old dog biscuits :) . Of course, he must have been on a hell of a bender to be eating dog biscuits by the handful. Maybe she should be calling a drug/alcohol addiction counselor, instead of a pepto bismal fake hotline.

And what's with the companies that advertise like they have/need some sort of hotline that people can call for their services, anyway? Like the Shamwow guy, with his fake headset. As if he's on QVC and talking to customers.
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I've tasted dog treats.  They're bland.  I've also tried some cat treats (cereal-coated cranberry mash).  Pretty good.  Could probably use a little sugar.  Or some HFCS.

Sounds like the guy in the commercial, though, was eating the dog treats by the handful.

LMAO, I've tasted dog treats too.  I thought that I was the only one!  I got my shih-tzu nephew some dog-friendly chocolate drops from Harrods.  Man, they were flavourless!  No wonder he begs us for our food!
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 5:43pm
A woman I knew used to get these "dog cookies" for her poodle.  They looked a lot like Italian cookies---kinda fancy-looking.  I recall they were made with yogurt.  While not incredibly sweet, they were pretty tasty.  In fact, I've had regular cookies that had less flavor than them.

aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 6:41pm
Yes, we have a local "barkery" that makes things very similar.  My mouth just waters when I go in there looking for toys for Archie.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 7:56pm
I'll send you some cookies, Aleen.  I make a wicked good chocolate chip.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

I'll send you some cookies, Aleen.  I make a wicked good chocolate chip.

Mmmm, chocolate chip!!!  What's your recipe?
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 8:40pm
On the last framing crew I worked on, there was this nice enough young helper that brought dog biscuits to work as lunch. It was "really" hard not to laugh but soon enough, the wise cracks and jokes started.
'Hey, better not eat too many or you'll be cocking your leg to pee."LOL He wasn't the brightest one. He needed a day off to get his liscence to drive his church bus.
The church couldn't let him have the bus that day but he went to DMV anyway......guess he didn't know he needed the bus for the driving test.Confused 
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 2:39am
Originally posted by shebazz shebazz wrote:

Ya know those Beggin' strips were pretty good actually. LOL
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 3:24am
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
shebazz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shebazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Steve, don't eat it! Vol. 3

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 5:31pm

My brother sent me the link to 'Steve, don't eat it!' quite a while back - what a hoot! He thought it sounded a lot like myself ("...if it can't crawl off the plate fast enough, well...whadda ya expect I'm gonna do with it?!!!"). 

My dearly-deranged and departed Grandmother used to feed me Milkbones, when I was young. Her dog, Mike (yes - she named her dog, 'Mike' - and Mike was female), used to fight me for them...I usually won. My parents were certain nothing would ever come of me...but it made for great comedy when the family got together...
Anyway, Milkbones are kind of bland and 'oaty', as I remember...but they sure lasted a long time! 
And then I'd get some Pepto-Bismol, which I'd immediately throw up.  
kuribo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuribo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 9:56pm
this is absurd, dog treats won't make you sick
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 10:19pm
LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Fonzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fonzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 8:47am
Do people really laugh at stuff like that? This awful commercial I mean. I was watching TV with 3 people the other day and this commercial came on and not 1 of us laughed. We all looked at each other and just looked confused. Not 1 laugh.

Who isnt tired of dumb hubby and smart wife commercials?

Dumb husband is now so dumb he is eating doggie snacks. Confused

Gimmie a break.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 4:11pm
'Dumb Dads' do indeed exist, and we make great targets.
I could use some Pepto, about now...breakfast was black coffee, 3 day-old cold tuna, and vitamins.
And I got a cold.
I don't feel very good, right now.
Dead
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 10:08pm
Damn Pa, you really are a wolf huh?? Been out raidin them thar garbage cans this morning have ya?? LOL
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2008 at 5:15pm

(...still not feelin' 'up to par'...could use some Pepto - if, for no other reason, to just make me puke...I'm certain I'll need it later, today)

Worked all last night, into this morning...

Slim pickings in the fridge, today. Had freezer-burned potato cakes microblasted, then salted, smothered with ketschup and Taco Bell 'fire' sauce. Ate it with a dirty fork.
I've started baking a buttered acorn squash that I've stuffed with bacon and sausage.
MissyD just called from her store, all too chipper for me.
"The Butterfly Effect" is on...the 'jerkey' scenes are not helping.
And I still got a cold.

I know how Charlie the Dog feels...

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2008 at 6:20pm

Say Pa, you want Doc Tiz to wip up a cold potus for ya?Approve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic