Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I Hate All Prescription Drug Commercials

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dunestrider View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Dunestrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Hate All Prescription Drug Commercials
    Posted: 21 May 2016 at 1:24am
I loathe and hate all prescription drug commercials. 

"Ask your doctor about..."  Shouldn't your doctor be the one who initiates a conversation about taking a new drug? Or is he out of touch, unaware that a certain drug may be of benefit?

"Tell your doctor about other medications you are taking..." Shouldn't your doctor be aware of other drugs you are taking?

And then there is the ridiculous list of potential side effects with every drug.

And another thing... ever notice there are very few cures for diseases anymore? Almost every drug treats the disease, it doesn't cure it. Got high blood pressure? Here, take this drug to treat it (for the rest of your life). Got diabetes? Here, take this other drug for the rest of your life? Got high cholesterol? Same story.

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 1:39am
Originally posted by Dunestrider Dunestrider wrote:

And another thing... ever notice there are very few cures for diseases anymore? Almost every drug treats the disease, it doesn't cure it. Got high blood pressure? Here, take this drug to treat it (for the rest of your life). Got diabetes? Here, take this other drug for the rest of your life? Got high cholesterol? Same story.

What you're looking for is vaccines.

Maybe one day there'll be a vaccine for all of the above, and everyone will be able to gobble salt, sugar and fat to their heart's content.  But in the meantime, for many, the only cures for those ailments would be to control what you eat.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 1:41am
I'm sick of them!

They all start the same "Do you suffer from this ailment?"

Then they give you hope "This may treat this ailment"

The they shoot that hope down "this may cause loss of limbs, heart explosions, and death"

Then they give the usual BS "Ask your doctor if this is right for you"

Bleugh!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 1:45am

And then there is the ridiculous list of potential side effects with every drug.

If you look at the actual drug studies, you'll see that much of it really is ridiculous, those side effects often having never even occurred in their human subjects.  Other side effects are ridiculously rare, experienced in like one out of 10,000 people.  But by law, they have to list them in their ads.

Kim S View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kim S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 1:56am
I hate these commercials with the heat of a thousand suns.  I have the mute in my hand all the time and feel rage over these.  It is backasswards, the doctor went to medical school to tell US what we need for our problems.  Also, they talk about every nasty bodily function known to man, and usually when I'm eating.  Agree 100%!
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 3:04am
If you suffer from moderate to severe [insert ailment here] then ask your doctor about [insert drug here].

If you have to ask your doctor about drugs that you see them pushing on TV, it might be time to find a new doctor.  Or, stop watching TV.
stan319 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 12:14pm
From what my doctor says, the drug co. give her an, even, bigger line of crap and offer her kickbacks.
Of course, they call them gifts or something else.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 3:10pm
all these ads should be relegated to print-ESPECIALLY the weiner prod ads! CRIKEY--so
the little blue BONER pill may KILL me?
I also agree with the 'ask your doctor' line...are you buying your rheumatoid arthritis
pills from a DEALER? I believe a DOCTOR might be the man responsible for your GETTING this.
They overpopulate the news and thats bad enough as it is
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 7:30pm
Along these lines, the latest medical breakthrough being hawked, at least on the radio, is the sleep apnea solution called "Inspire". 

I hear it constantly on talk radio, which I barely even ever have on.

The deal is, Inspire is some kind of contraption they implant (surgery) to help you sleep better at night without having to wear one of those bulky, uncomfortable face masks.

The PROBLEM IS, doctors are not supposed to prescribe Inspire unless the patient has tried the mask first and it medically does not work.  Of course, they don't mention that in the ads.  And I honestly don't think the company that makes these gives a sh!t.

sb71 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sb71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 4:50am
Ever notice that almost all of those side effects include " thought of suicide"....WTF, really?

To me, it almost seems like Big pharmaceutical companies are almost inventing conditions to sell treatment drugs. I saw one not too long ago that controls the symptoms of some oddball condition that is...uncontrollable laughter....WHAT!!!!??
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 2:26pm
^
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Oh crap! Stern Smile
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 3:17pm
one of the side effects ..of this SITE..you guessed it!
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 2:27am

I loathe and hate all prescription drug commercials. 

"Ask your doctor about..."  Shouldn't your doctor be the one who initiates a conversation about taking a new drug? Or is he out of touch, unaware that a certain drug may be of benefit?

"Tell your doctor about other medications you are taking..." Shouldn't your doctor be aware of other drugs you are taking?

It is by far my most HATED ads on TV, and they keep getting worse! (Xarelo with unfunny Nealon and one foot in the grave Palmer, the cartoon bladder/intestine. The old farts singing the song from Annie and some a**hate ripping off "Thats Life" for some pill for Diabetes...list goes on and on). Optivo hits a personal nerve with me..Yeah, it's bad I HOPE what is mentioned here comes true soon. It was brought up months ago here, I haven't heard much about it since.  (USA and New Zealand apparently are the only two countries allowed to air this slop on TV)

Nov. 17, 2015

AMA Calls for Ban on Direct to Consumer Advertising of Prescription Drugs and Medical Devices

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/news/news/2015/2015-11-17-ban-consumer-prescription-drug-advertising.page

I know one of those f'ing ads initially brought me to this forum in the first place a few years ago...then noticed there are a ton of ads we all mutually hate! ConfusedLOL

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 1:28pm
I wonder how much money big pharma has to pay out in bribes each year, to keep peddling their drugs on TV.  I'm sure it's a lot, though just a drop in the bucket for them.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 4:33pm
Side effects may include (but are not limited to) cephalic lavage, axillary micturition, bladder revulsion, excessive hepatic discharge, abnormal cellular mitosis, post-treatment blindness, swelling of the prefrontal cortex, aural hallucinations, gastric uranation (note sp.), nasal seizures, death, renal failure, gonadal hirsutism, cardiac lavage, and anal warts. OuchAngryDeadAngryOuch

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Angry McPisseron Angry McPisseron wrote:

Side effects may include (but are not limited to) cephalic lavage, axillary micturition, bladder revulsion, excessive hepatic discharge, abnormal cellular mitosis, post-treatment blindness, swelling of the prefrontal cortex, aural hallucinations, gastric uranation (note sp.), nasal seizures, death, renal failure, gonadal hirsutism, cardiac lavage, and anal warts. OuchAngryDeadAngryOuch

Personally, I am waiting for the aspirin warning to include "may cause headaches".  Dead
deacon blues View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deacon blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 9:02pm
Any advertising of a product that mentions the words "death" or "fatal" should be made illegal.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic