Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New music that is worth a listen!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 3:12am
Wink Something new by 'Stick Men'. Interesting stuff and you kids leave us alone - band leader is 73.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 4:54pm
From our local alternative rock station.  I'd file this one under 'Strange'.  It makes a little more sense with the video.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 11:13am
TongueI actually like that - wonder if she'll make anything else before she commits suicide?

I've listened to a bunch of her stuff this morning...THIS might WILL make my 'Buy' list! She must be a David Lynch follower.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 2:04am
Classic, right out of the wrappings...an almost unbelievable recording

...and LOLDanny's back on this new one...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 10:42pm
The more I hear from Kevin Parker & his group, Tame Impala, the more I like them...this is brand new  psychedelic/decadent-soft-disco yacht-rock. There is no album name or release date, yet.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 5:16pm
I got myself on an adrenaline high (very pissed off) earlier today thinking about the letter I will be sending to the city.  A polite but direct statement of blame I'm placing on the city and the engineering company they hired.  I'm trying to settle myself down now...This group has had several songs out in the past 4  or 5 years that I really like.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 3:13pm
If there isn't much on TV sometimes I look around on YouTube.  I found this delightful young lady! Evil Smile

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 4:48pm
^^^Let me guess what you would do to her...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^^^Let me guess what you would do to her...

LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 5:49pm
You have to admit that not only is she attractive, she has a lot of talent too!

She studied abroad and even taught some classes.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 6:27pm
Has she filed a 'Protection Order' yet, o'StalkingSturgeon of ours?LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 2:26am
Confused...Shocked...Confused

I...I...I just am not sure what to think of this artist and her group. The kiddies at NPR weirded me out with this, today. This album is about 3-4 years old and leaves me trying to not to like it, yet not sure if I do. So I listened to more of their work, and well...I'm STUCK!
The locals know her - she is Vietnamese and grew up around here, then moved to SanFran - Thor may know of her...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 5:00pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 7:33pm
Big smile Gosh, I love what I've heard off of this album!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 5:06pm
I'm not sure where the lines are drawn between genres, I change the station from time to time when I'm in my truck.  I don't see how the classic rock stations can keep an audience.  Seems like they play about 100 different songs over and over for the last 20 years.  I like this station (alternative) because I get to hear something new and different.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 5:20pm
I noticed this song because of the odd guitar sound, it begins after the strange distorted start of the video.

It kinda reminds me of the classic Guess Who sound.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 4:50pm
A song about young love and the green monster!  Well, old people could feel it too.

I'm a big fan of Frampton!  I had to look the other guy up...

Joe Bonamassa (born May 8, 1977) is an American blues rock guitarist, singer and songwriter.

When he was 12 years old, Bonamassa opened for B.B. King.[2] In the last 13 years Bonamassa has put out 15 solo albums through his independent record label J&R Adventures, of which 11 have reached number 1 on the Billboard Blues charts.[2][3]

Bonamassa has played alongside such artists as Stephen Stills, Eric Clapton, Blondie Chaplin, Foreigner, Buddy Guy, Steve Winwood, Warren Haynes, Solomon Hicks,and Derek Trucks among others.[4] His career highlights include performances at the Royal Albert Hall and a Grammy Award nomination in 2013. In addition to his music career, Joe Bonamassa runs a nonprofit organization called the Keeping the Blues Alive Foundation, whose mission is to further music education by funding scholarships and providing music education resources to schools in need.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 3:34am
Big smileI've been waiting for Wilco's new album, 'Ode to Joy', which comes out October 4.

LOLWink...let's see here...believe it or not, THE WHO have a NEW ALBUM coming out in November, titled 'WHO'. 
Yup.
Totally unexpected. 
Roger Daltrey (75) and Pete Townsend (74) are back at it.

They've been introducing this song as 'Big Cigar', but maybe have re-titled it at the last moment - I've no idea.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 1:51am
coming out soon...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 5:14pm

TongueI actually like that - wonder if she'll make anything else before she commits suicide?

I've listened to a bunch of her stuff this morning...THIS might WILL make my 'Buy' list! She must be a David Lynch follower.
PaW and I didn't agree on a lot of things. He did/does have good taste in music.

What can I say about this young phenom? From obscure to super stardom in only a few years.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 4:42pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 5:31pm
Another Alt-Rock song we hear around here.  Pretty good!  I had to ask the wife...I didn't know you could buy Novocaine OTC!  Tongue

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 5:17pm
Old PaW is not around any more to update this thread!

There are songs we remember from our past. Some recent songs will remind me of this time in my life.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 5:16pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 4:53pm

I haven't been posting in this thread very much.  There must not be too much good music coming out now.  That, and PaW isn't around anymore. We had our history of spats but we liked the same music.

I like this one too.  I like the guitar work at 2:17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic