Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Navy - Buy 1 Get One Free [ NOISE! ]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Navy - Buy 1 Get One Free [ NOISE! ]
    Posted: 03 May 2016 at 5:31am
It's getting so out of control...this one is simply downright insulting to my eardrums.  I swear, every ad is getting more and more loud with this....music??

I don't know WTF this is called. It's NOT music! AngryAngryAngry
F off Old Navy!

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 6:32pm
LOL
NECKHOLE?

You must be older, TNIP. Or just appreciate real music.  Thumbs Up
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 6:40pm
I'm a millenial BARF! and I can't stand this type of music!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

There is hope for your generation yet!!  ClapClap
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

I agree as it has happened before. Of course there were exceptions but in the 1950s-early 1960s if you wanted an AM radio 'hit' record it had to be 2 1/2 minutes long and 'wholesome'. In the mid-1960s we were exposed to an 'underground' FM radio station playing music that was censored if not banned outright from AM radio (including traditional "Negro" blues). It was a revolution in a good way.

EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 11:01pm
Here's the "song".  Horrible, but worth watching for 30 seconds.  The white guy in the video is the one responsible for this autrocity.  He's one of those people who has something to do with the music, but you don't quite know what.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 11:18pm
Sorry but that.. Is just garbage. No rhyme, no reason, no melody just random noises and beats slapped together with brief flashes of shaking butts. No class no style. I don't call that music!

It's not even worth watching for 10 seconds!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL

NECKHOLE?

The "neckhole" comment was the only good part of the commercial.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 1:08am

Sorry but that.. Is just garbage. No rhyme, no reason, no melody just random noises and beats slapped together with brief flashes of shaking butts. No class no style. I don't call that music!

It's not even worth watching for 10 seconds!

On the plus side.... no Auto-Tune. 

I believe 100% of the sounds are computer-generated.
No musicians.  No talent.  

And fundamentally, not memorable.  At least, not in any good way.
Even the videography is unimaginative.  
Just some hoe's shakin' booty.  (Yeah, like that's never been done.) 

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 1:17am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Here's the "song".  Horrible, but worth watching for 30 seconds.  The white guy in the video is the one responsible for this autrocity.  He's one of those people who has something to do with the music, but you don't quite know what.

WTF is this supposed to be? I remember Old Navy as one of many overpriced clothing lines in the 1980s-1990s. I have an Old Navy "hoodie" that was a gift from kids or grandkids. I feel like burning it in effigy but will donate it instead as it could keep a poor person warm. 
ItsAllTME View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsAllTME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 3:24am
Damnit Thor, you should've put some sort of warning with that video post. Something like "I don't recommend watching more than 30 seconds of this 'video'at any given time as it may cause seizures". I feel ill now
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 5:12pm

LOL
NECKHOLE?

I'm 43, thankfully old enough to know what real music is. Smile This Diplo, Nicky Da B, it's 3 minutes of absolute sh*t. 60K likes on YouTube..60K deaf brain dead people.  For the hell of it, I clicked on other Diplo videos... no talent behind this. It's a big sloppy mash up of horns and keyboards, sampling words like "Yo" and "Yeah" , mixed together and somehow it's a hit track? WTF, I could open my GarageBand app on my Mac and create this in 2 minutes. it's all random noise!

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 3:29am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

LOL
NECKHOLE?

I'm 43, thankfully old enough to know what real music is. Smile This Diplo, Nicky Da B, it's 3 minutes of absolute sh*t. 60K likes on YouTube..60K deaf brain dead people.  For the hell of it, I clicked on other Diplo videos... no talent behind this. It's a big sloppy mash up of horns and keyboards, sampling words like "Yo" and "Yeah" , mixed together and somehow it's a hit track? WTF, I could open my GarageBand app on my Mac and create this in 2 minutes. it's all random noise!

Maybe...., but "ThatNerdInPhilly" name won't get you anywhere with today's deaf millenials.
You'll need something more modern (i.e., idiotic, but still trendy in a brainless kind of way).

I took the liberty of running TNIP through one of those online Gangsta Name Generators.
It suggests:  "JOCK-WIZARD SLIM"

Give that a try next time you cobble up a major chord progression in Garage Band.  Confused
The chords are optional, btw.  As are any actual notes, Open-G tuning or otherwise.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 6:55pm
Anyone miss the mannequins yet?

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 11:49pm
I'd tolerate the mannequins if they didn't blast this garbage they call 'music' in the background!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Old Navy is an overpriced threads store that tries to appeal to the hip urban young: Translated: Hipsters, Yuppies, LGTB. Now throw in the hip hoppers of all ethnicities. Have always nicknamed them Gay Navy not that there's anything wrong with that. whatever floats your boat. I do hate the loud sh*t dance prance music. Now all this dreck they call music is hip hop rap crap, warble hipster chicks with vocal fry croaking voices and Broadway Show Tunes. I'm glad you don't buy into the millennial conveyor belt to conformity music crap. Much of it like Taylor Swift, Skrillex, One Direction should be used for persuasion/torture against our axis of evil enemies. I remember when the Beatles, and Mowtown were current hits.
I approve this message.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 3:41am
I went to the movies today, and before the previews, they played COMMERCIALS! Including this one! Angry
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 4:44am
Yea.  One of the reasons why I just wait for stuff to come out on video - it just doesn't seem like there's any way to avoid being bombarded by commercials.  I can FF through them all on DVR.  I'm not going to pay the ridiculous prices that theaters charge these days, just so they can show me more commercials for crap that I'm not going to buy. AngryThumbs Down
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 2:14am
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

Yea.  One of the reasons why I just wait for stuff to come out on video - it just doesn't seem like there's any way to avoid being bombarded by commercials.  I can FF through them all on DVR.  I'm not going to pay the ridiculous prices that theaters charge these days, just so they can show me more commercials for crap that I'm not going to buy. AngryThumbs Down

And pay up the wazoo for the privilege of sitting with inconsiderate louts who bring their howling babies and hyperactive misbehaved toddlers, pay highway robbery prices for concessions and wonder what lunatic decided to see the same movie when you are and start shooting up the cinema. And then being bombarded with those sh*t commercials. Just realized the last movie I saw in the theatre was Austin Powers International Man of Mystery back in 1997! I was still married.
I approve this message.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 4:12am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

And pay up the wazoo for the privilege of sitting with inconsiderate louts who bring their howling babies and hyperactive misbehaved toddlers, pay highway robbery prices for concessions and wonder what lunatic decided to see the same movie when you are and start shooting up the cinema. And then being bombarded with those sh*t commercials. Just realized the last movie I saw in the theatre was Austin Powers International Man of Mystery back in 1997! I was still married.

I can't remember the last movie I watched in a theater. They have become as enjoyable as a commercial airline flight.Angry

Moodybooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moodybooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 3:53pm
So, to "Express Yourself", you have to bend over and rotate your butt? Ace Ventura was obviously WAY before his time when he bent over and said "I want to ASS you a question".

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 4:02am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

I went to the movies today, and before the previews, they played COMMERCIALS! Including this one! Angry

Holy sh*t that would piss me off!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic