Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two and a Half Men season premier...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two and a Half Men season premier...
    Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 4:33am
Well, it's official.

The "cute" has finally worn off of the kid who plays Jake.

He's just another big, lanky, oafy teenager now.

By next season, he's gonna be taller than Alan & Charlie & his voice will be a deep frog-like croak.

And as the writers jokingly acknowledged at the end of tonight's season premier, he looks nothing whatsoever like Alan.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Which brings me to a seperate rant concerning this show, which I like BTW.

BUT........

I am really sick of these shows portraying dumbass guys losing their $hirt$, especially to greedy, unscrupulous women.

It's late enough so that this shouldn't be a spoiler for anyone, but in tonight's episode, Charlie thinks he's the father of some kid who's mother he banged nearly ten years ago. The kid looks & dresses like him & his age is the same as the amount of time since he last saw the "mother".

So he agonoizes over it the entire show, then at the end drops by the woman's apartment & hands her this huge check promising to be there for more in the future. And as everyone could see coming from a mile away, it turns out she wasn't the kid's mother anyway, she was just babysitting the kid.

And of course she kept the money.

But does it end there? No, of course not.

In the final closing scene they are dropping Jake off back at his mother's house & the exterminator, the mailman & some other guy, all of whom have been coming to that house regularly for years according to the script, all look way more like they could be Jake's dad than Alan. Leaving you to assume of course that Judith(?) got pregnant by one of them & Alan has been paying thru the nose for it all this time even though she knew.

Sorry, but as much as I enjoy watching that show, I find that sh*t more annoying than funny.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 5:27am
wow, I barely watched it. 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 2:52pm
I tuned in, and then my neighbor stopped by.  So, I missed it.  I saw bits and pieces.  I did notice that Jake has suddenly grown up.

Still, it was Alan's divorce lawyer's (Heather Locklear's) fault that Alan pays so much to Judith.  But, did the show imply that the question of Alan's paternity status might be pursued in future episodes?  Or does it look like they'll just drop the matter?

I'd been watching the reruns of the show at 11pm, but recently it was changed to 7-8pm.  I'm not happy about that.  I did catch last night's 7pm rerun, though.  It was the one with the hot but loony Martha Stewart-like Christmas-freak chick.  One of Jake's lines was something like "Dad, I don't know if you've noticed, but we're very different people".

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 6:49pm
I don't think I saw the show that what you're referring to, but I would dare hazard a guess that it was just as much Alan's fault for being such a goddamned spineless little pussy ass.

I really like that show, but individually, the characters sometimes PISS ME OFF!!!

Alan is a spineless little simp who I would sometimes love to slap some man into.

Jake is a snide little sh*t-ass who I would sometimes love slap some brains & respect into.

Charlie, Berta & Rose their mother are mostly cool, but even Charlie could use a pop in the jaw once in awhile. 

Anyway, as to the paternity issue, I think it was just one of those jokes that you're supposed to get a chuckle out of & forget it.

I certainly doubt that there'll ever be a question of Alan's paternity, but you never know nowadays.

Given the age of the actor who plays Jake, the show can't continue on much longer unless they want to have scenes with the kid shaving.

So who knows? Maybe they'll come up with some big surprise to end things with.

One thing's for sure, even if it turned out that Jake was someone else's kid, Alan would continue paying that bitch ex-wife of his.

It would be that way even in real life.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

And as the writers jokingly acknowledged at the end of tonight's season premier, he looks nothing whatsoever like Alan.

Ya know who he DOES look like is Helen Hunt.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 3:09am
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

Kind of, yeah.  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 3:17am

I don't think I saw the show that what you're referring to, but I would dare hazard a guess that it was just as much Alan's fault for being such a goddamned spineless little pussy ass.

It was more the fault of Charlie's penis.  Evelyn had gotten Alan a really tough, good divorce lawyer (Locklear), who was ready to kick Judith's financial ass as long as Charlie would be at her sexual beck and call.  Then, when Locklear shows up at Charlie's house for a little impromptu soiree, she finds him with her really hot paralegal.

Here's how it ends (block below):

In the next meeting with Judith and Judith's lawyers, Locklear enthusiastically handed over to Judith anything she wanted.  She even added a few items and perks that Judith hadn't even asked for.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 4:15am
QUOTE=Thor]
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

Kind of, yeah.  LOL

[/QUOTE]

Practically mother & son.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 6:54am
Stern%20Smile
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
gagejennifer View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gagejennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2008 at 5:47pm
We watch the old episodes and we kinda like them. But I just thank God my child isn't as dense as Jake seems to be. LOL !. He makes DJ Conner on "Roseanne" seem like a genius.
erod550 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erod550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2008 at 11:08am
Love this show.  It's one of the funniest shows on TV.  Berta cracks me up.  Jake growing up is definitely going to complicate things though.  They'll have to rename the show "Two and 3/4 Men"
xirtameht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xirtameht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 3:21pm
bravo well said.
I really hate Jake, since the end of season 4.
It is so annoying to watch that kid playing smart with the grown ups, makes me furious specially because he gets away with it.

It's time the writers thought about something else and kick Jake out of the show, kill him if they have to.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 3:30pm
Jake's still OK, in my book.

As far as puberty problems on TV, though...
Chris Rock narrates Everybody Hates Chris in the first person.  That was fine before the kid who plays him reached puberty.  Now, you hear Rock with his high-pitched voice, and then *cut* to the teenage actor with his now-booming type of voice.  Just kinda strikes me as funny.

jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 6:57pm
I give two and half men two points and then it ends there.

one point for daring to have a stupid kid instead of one smarter than the adults (not smart ass, but intellect)
and another point for the fact that it is the guy who makes the vanity cards after the credits with all sorts of messages.
My friend and I used to tape Dharma and Greg just to read them and so many of them were priceless.
Now he is doing them on Big Bang Theory (good show)

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Stern%20Smile

Feeling some Ad nausea?  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

I give two and half men two points and then it ends there.

one point for daring to have a stupid kid instead of one smarter than the adults (not smart ass, but intellect)
and another point for the fact that it is the guy who makes the vanity cards after the credits with all sorts of messages.
My friend and I used to tape Dharma and Greg just to read them and so many of them were priceless.
Now he is doing them on Big Bang Theory (good show)

That's Chuck Lorre, the producer.

You can now find all of them on the internet.

As far as the show goes, I can't stand any of the "Alan's family" characters which are Alan, Judith & Jake. I usually like Charlie, Berta & Evelyn, but occasionally one of them pisses me off too. The only one I've always consistently liked is Rose.  And now I hear she's gonna (UGH!!!!!Angry) start doing Alan. Yeccchh!!!! There goes all my respect for her.

But amazingly, as much as I hate about half the characters, I love the show. Great writing will trump annoying characters almost everytime.

C'mon, man!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 9:34pm
I didn't like Jake at first when he was younger.  I'm starting to find him pretty funny.

I was so much like him at that age.  Doesn't say much for me I guess.  Embarrassed

I can't think of any specifics at the moment though.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 9:46pm

The only one I've always consistently liked is Rose.  And now I hear she's gonna (UGH!!!!!Angry) start doing Alan. Yeccchh!!!! There goes all my respect for her.

She did that last week.  I'm hoping it's just some sort of plan to get Charlie.  Anyway, if you want to know how the Rose-Alan hook-up works out, block below:

They have sex and she glues a toy truck to his groin.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 1:21am
I didn't block your hidden text.

I'm gonna go check it out on hulu.

C'mon, man!
xirtameht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xirtameht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 10:51pm
I just don't know. I mean I think he is more irritating than funny. maybe because he also resembled me as a kid.
the real crackers for me are berta and charlie... and definitely rose.
berta is like the classic... charlie is like the dream lives with not a care in the world. and rose ohhh man what nut case.
a3b3i View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a3b3i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:49pm
I really hate this show. A lot.

I hate all of the characters. I hate Charlie and his socks/sandals/chicken legs combo. He's a total toolbag, and not in a cute, funny way. I hate Alan because he's an absolute bumbling idiot. I really hate his ex-wife Judith because she's a disgusting, greedy pig who acts like your typical divorcee stereotype. I hate Jake because he's a lazy, fat little oaf. He's not funny or cute.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 4:29am
Then don't watch it....  LOL
Geezer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 4:04pm
Two and a Half Men is about the only new sitcom I watch. I think some sitcoms try to hard to make their characters "lovable", like Friends did. Other sitcoms, like Sienfeld and Two and a half Men, give their characters flaws that aren't always so likeable. I don't have to like the characters to laugh at them. Charlie wouldn't be as funny if he wasn't a partying, gambling womanizer. George on Seinfeld wouldn't have been funny if he hadn't been so neurotic. Character flaws bring teh funny. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic