Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David Blaine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: David Blaine
    Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 9:41pm
this guy used to do interesting sort of magic stuff, but now he's just doing a bunch of ridiculous bland, unexciting stuff, that doesn't even require magic (trickery), I mean COME ON hanging upside down for a couple of days and then diving in water/diving onto the street and flipping onto his legs like a cat, OHH WOWWWWW, how exciting, yawn, he doesn't even bother, to handcuff himself, which would be a bit MORE interesting and challenging. Unhappy but now he just does stuff that makes you go.....

WHY?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 10:16pm
This guy's just going to keep doing these stupid stunts until he kills himself. Really, what's the point? What's he trying to prove?
Tammy Turbo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 4:27am
Cris Angel is far more interesting these days.
I don't push the envelope,I lick it.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 5:30am
Yeah, and his stunts are more mind twisting, AT LEAST you have to use your brain to figure out how he did it constantly, instead of doing something that looks predictable and meaningless. 
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 11:53am
This guy just pisses me off!! What an imbecile.
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 1:34pm
These guys love to flirt with death.
Perhaps he will get his wish sooner than he thinks.
was feeling nostalgic
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 2:09pm
Neither one of those guys is interesting.  I find them both to be rather creepy, actually.

Do the young folks enjoy this crap?

It's 'toooooooooopidddd....
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 2:22pm
I liked the magic of Art Metrano. LOL
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 4:39pm
Maybe people watch Blaine the same way they watched Steve Irwin.  One day, something will SNAP and it's curtains.
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

Neither one of those guys is interesting.  I find them both to be rather creepy, actually.

Do the young folks enjoy this crap?

It's 'toooooooooopidddd....

Nah, I just watched only a couple of clips of Chris Angel on Youtube, not really a fan.

I don't even watch him on TV.
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 8:07pm
They try so hard to be intense, it comes across as pathetic.
On another board there was an 84 page thread about chris angel.
This clod insisted beyond reason that all his tricks were 'magic'.
So many pointed out how to reproduce the tricks but he insisted that they were close imitations.  The thought of them using a paid audience really pissed him off.
was feeling nostalgic
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 9:50pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 1:39pm
I'm thinking that I read an article about Blaine's forthcoming act of silliness; doctors are warning against this one, something about risk of blindness and/or death - maybe that's part of the show...
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 10:56pm
y' know I remember hanging upside down with no hands around 12 years ago on the freaking monkey bars back in daycare!

In essence it's not that hard in itself. Good grief pretty much anybody can do it. even on trees, bars, Olympic type rings (with hands),ropes,etc. So when David Blaine does it except for an insanely long amount of time, I'm not impressed.

Oh but you say he's going to do a "death defying fall", BIG DEAL, I can fall, you can fall , anybody can fall. Lets see him jump three stairs, or leap from a damn swing from a high height, WITHOUT stumbling over, NOW THAT's a challenge.

Yes I did those type of things when I was younger.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2008 at 12:30am
I understood the MD's to be concerned about the continuous length of time, upside-down, more than anything else...nothing in the line of all his blood rushing to his head, making him realize in all-to-quick-in-a-flash, that he's an IDIOT...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic