Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Budweiser's "Breakfast Beer"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Budweiser's "Breakfast Beer"
    Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 8:49pm

Budweiser%20&%20Clamato

Now...I actually sacrificed a opportunity for a Molson's Ice when I stumbled across one of these while helping stock MissyD's cooler...

Being I'm an old fan of 'bloody beer', I thought this a modified spin on a 'throw-back in time'.

Didn't seem all that bad, at first; kind of like a watered-down and carbonated V-8 juice; something that might go well with eggs.

Well...it about became a 'throw-up' in time, right after the first belch (NASTY!) 
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 12:57am
On a 1-10 basis, whatcha give it Pa? LOL And what exactly is a "clamato"?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

On a 1-10 basis, whatcha give it Pa? LOL And what exactly is a "clamato"?
Before the undesired 'backwash' (stomach, heading north), I gave it a 4!!! After the 'belch spittle', I lowered it to a -1 : that is 'negative' one: unhealthy for human/sub-human consumption....

'Clamato'? You REALLY want to know? Well...o.k. then! A mixture of clam and tomato juice.
Think of (Saturday Night Live) DanA's "Julia Child - Fish in a Blender" skit.
 Not to worry; they tossed in a touch of lime and salt.
O.K. going down - it is truly gross, coming back up.
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 1:36am
I think Clamato juice is more plentiful in Canada, if I'm not mistaken.
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 7:20am
sounds gross just reading the name.Dead
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 3:06pm
The words "breakfast" and "beer" should NEVER be used in the same phrase.  As Bill the Cat would say, "Oop, ack!"
Love endures all.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 4:57pm
Clamato is rad.
With a good scratch made bloody mary it will kick any tomato juice's ass
shebazz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shebazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 11:28pm
Ugh. I've seen those, Pa, and my friend told me it was a "morning after" beer that's common in Mexico. Since the mere smell of V8 makes me want to hurl, I think I'll pass.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

I think Clamato juice is more plentiful in Canada, if I'm not mistaken.
 LOL Thumbs%20Up Yea, right! We gots clams in 'da woods - and they're DANGEROUS! Why, just the other day, I stepped on one, slipped, and fell on my face...Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 6:19pm

Budweiser%20&%20Clamato    NEWS ALERT!!!:  The "Breakfast Beer" title is no longer a joke.

Remember - you heard it from me first.

Why do I say that? *I'm* not using that ol', "...well, hon - it's 12 o'clock SOMEWHERE!" excuse...but I DO help MissyDWolf open up her store, every Sunday Morning, at daybreak.

This A.M., her walk-in cooler had about 30 individually-priced cans all ready for customer consumption. Ice-cold (she sells the very coldest beer on 'Wolf Island'). By 09:00 (A.M., that is), they were gone - and no single customer bought more than TWO. If I actually developed a love for the stuff, I might have been set into an 'early morning panick'; instead, I wanted to stay away from the early morning roads...

Just got back from her store; she's making out orders for a LOT more of it. Guess, if you like beer, you really ought to try one.

This stuff has developed a loyal following; I'm thinking Aleen was VERY correct. 'Border Yorkers' and Canucks love clams piss & 'maters (with a dash of lime), in their 'Breakfast Beer' (simply GOTTA go great with fried eggs and maple sausage!)...Dead 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by LOL1955 LOL1955 wrote:

The words "breakfast" and "beer" should NEVER be used in the same phrase.  As Bill the Cat would say, "Oop, ack!"
Cry Ya know, 'FrienPup, TODAY, your post makes me shed a tear (NOT your fault - we're both fans, I think, of the same strip), since 'Opus' was buried, last week (in a way that REALLY HURT - I read this very story VERY OFTEN to all FIVE of our pups, when they were very young!)....
CryCryCry

...but, aside from THAT, and to stay within CW's guidelines...THE STUFF SELLS BIG-TIME!

Personally, I don't consider it a 'FAD', but rather, a very strong 'RESURGANCE'.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic