Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The blanket that you wear...the Snuggie!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 11:07am
This commercial doesn't coincide with baseball season, so I haven't had the opportunity to spot any druids at the ball park yet.

I did go to a sold out Sharks game recently.  Nope.  I didn't notice any druids present.

I didn't see any druids at last weeks Silicon Valley Auto Show either.

Has anyone spotted druids at any public setting other than Stonehenge?
SO I GO ON VEHIX.COM!....GOT A CAR TO SELL!....BUYING A CAR IS HARD!
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

Pa, look at the design.  They're open in the back....
ConfusedReally? If that is so, what good are they?

Wouldn't that be like an over-sized robe, worn backwards........

Imagine if they WERE actually backwards, in that the hood came up and covered the face? LOL there would be a lot of poor bastards stumbling around and bumping into things!LOL
Yea, but if they were all male and naked under their 'worn backwards' Snuggies, you could just 'snap 'em together', like Leggos...then run away!!! 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

Guess what I got for Christmas?

ANNNNNND?  What's the verdict?

I didn't wear it yet....I used it as an extra blanket last night.  Nice and warm! 

redruM13xx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redruM13xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2009 at 2:25am
The whole Snuggie thing is a huge scam, check on ripoffreport.com. It turns out they charge people random amounts of money (some guy was charged like 90 dollars) and don't even ship the useless piece of sh*t anyway. I wonder if anyone will bother to take legal action.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2009 at 2:30am
Mine aren't the Snuggies brand...they're Slankets.  I don't call them Slankets because I think Slanket is a silly word.  Slanket.LOL

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2009 at 4:10am
They'll probably get recalled after someone drapes a wet one around their neck and it strangles them like a python as it dries.... LOL

Also, it's just a heavier cloth version of something else that is worn backwards:  A hospital gown....
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2009 at 5:10am

Mine aren't the Snuggies brand...they're Slankets.  I don't call them Slankets because I think Slanket is a silly word.  Slanket.LOL

Sounds like "Skanklet."  Wink
B.the1st View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.the1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2009 at 9:26pm
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2009 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Sounds like "Skanklet."  Wink

Skanklets= The children of celebrities like Britney Spears, Paris Hilton. LOLLOLLOLLOL
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 5:01pm

I think if they'd just air the commercial this way I'd be more inclined to buy it (Warning, NSFW language!)

apologies if someone posted this already, but it's funny a second time too!
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Buffalo Bill wrote:

The old guy looks like Emperor Palpatine

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

I don't know why this struck me as funny.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 8:19pm
Because it was

^Emperor Palpatine^
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2009 at 4:37am
JAY LENO: 

Cardinals vs. the Steelers, I'm torn.   I'll have to decide whether I'll wear my red Snuggie or my black Snuggie.

LOL
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 11:45pm
Great. Now Fox News is plugging the Snuggie. The inventor was probably laid up in some hospital and came up with the idea of marketing "backward robes".
I'm jealous.......wish I'd have thought of it.Cry

Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by B.the1st B.the1st wrote:

One would think one's ass would get cold.

That's exaclty what I thought, especially the scene at the game, your whole backside would be freezing.  It's okay for home and all, but geesh for outdoors your heiney would be missing out.  Also that little girl in the snuggie has her arms still stuck way down in them and is flailing about, that must feel claustraphobic.  They threw that thing on her and roll camera's shoot!....

Also I don't know if any of you saw this but on QVC, they have their version "THE SLANKET"....what a horrid name.  (OH yes I guess you guys did)
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
athomas917 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athomas917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 3:41am
IceFroggyFrog View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceFroggyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 1:59am
Hahahahaha! That video is great. "We give you a robe with SLEEVES!". And the baby/dog part, good stuff.

The Slanket... beautiful. A combination of "blanket" and "Satan"?
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 3:03am
How about the WTF Blanket???

LOL
mayact4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayact4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 2:44pm
I was going to order one, but I couldn't get my arms out of my ordinary blanket to reach the phone.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by mayact4 mayact4 wrote:

I was going to order one, but I couldn't get my arms out of my ordinary blanket to reach the phone.

LOL  LOL  LOL
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 5:07am
Oh my god!!    Go to your cable program guides NOW and find HBO.   Find Real Time with Bill Maher and wait for the end until "New Rules".   Bill Maher was wearing a Snuggie on live TV!!!!   Part of his commentary about ridiculous spending.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 2:45pm
Now, there's the Snugglette (for kids).  I couldn't find the actual commercial, but here's a version with some pretty funny voiceover dubbed in.

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 4:47pm
Dear god, no.

My kid saw the snuggie commercial, and wanted one.

I told her "no" because they're too big.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 5:32pm
I think you should get her a pointy hat, HR.
And then a "Snuglette".
And a stick.
She could let her imagination run wild and play "Harriette Potter".Big%20smile
(stop her when she tries to turn 'PopTart' into a frog)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2009 at 3:56am
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

Dear god, no.

My kid saw the snuggie commercial, and wanted one.

I told her "no" because they're too big.

Just hope that your girl doesn't see the Snuglette commercial before they go away for the warm weather.  Hopefully, by next year, she will have lost interest.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic