Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hormel - My Pepperona

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hormel - My Pepperona
    Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 7:33am
What the hell did I just see? Why would these adtards even do this in the first place? So many questions, so little time. I'm sure you guys and gals will think the same thing after watching this.

Oh, I do apologize about the quality, but it's the only one I could find. The volume is very low. Enjoy.

Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 1:47pm
I just saw this one, it's in the running for the dumbest commercial of 2016.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

What the hell did I just see? Why would these adtards even do this in the first place? So many questions, so little time. I'm sure you guys and gals will think the same thing after watching this.

Oh, I do apologize about the quality, but it's the only one I could find. The volume is very low. Enjoy.
Twenty years ago Hormel was a major trusted brand. Now they tend to produce over processed garbage. About ten years back I tried one of their "Compleats" heat and eat meals. I threw it in the trash after two bites. Something has to be beyond terrible for me to do that. Now their ad matches their product. Beyond terrible!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 2:05pm
I'd rather have Weird Al singing My Bologna .
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 2:12pm
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm WTF is this crap!? Another major brand sh*tting on a good song!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 2:57pm
I truly feel sorry for the actor in this commercial.
I know times are tough out there, but geez...

This one's a career killer.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by LiberryGirl LiberryGirl wrote:

I'd rather have Weird Al singing My Bologna .

LOLThat is exactly what it reminded me of! Can Weird Al sue? I hope so!

** Looks like he tweeted this, he's a bit confused. Back to suing, I guess this might be hard since this is a parody of a parody? I guess it comes down to whoever wrote My Sharona and if this goofball / Hormel got permission to parody this.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 8:42pm
Weird Al made a great parody and Hormel copied it with different lyrics and additional instruments!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
not quite human View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote not quite human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 8:22pm
I saw this tripe more than once and I'm glad I'm not the only one who is irritated by this stupid jackassery.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Weird Al made a great parody and Hormel copied it with different lyrics and additional instruments!

Different lyrics... hmm...

Additional instruments... hmm...

So...

Basically Hormel made another parody of the song Weird Al made a parody of. 

LOL

Not saying I like it, just saying that if it's different, it's not a copy.

That said, my guess would be no, Weird Al can't sue Hormel, unless Weird Al owns the rights to the original song.

Which is possible.

Also, Sarge, I too have had the misfortune of eating a couple bites of a Compleats, and it was one of the nastiest things ever. I think it was chicken and dumplings (soup, basically). 2-3 bites, in the trash it went. They still make a couple decent products... the microwave bacon is good, those little trays of meat in gravy are good, but damn... those compleats.

Dead
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm WTF is this crap!? Another major brand sh*tting on a good song!

Couldn't have put it better!!!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 10:19pm
The ad was stupid and annoying, but I've seen worse.

The Hormel compleats are so nasty, I tried to throw one away and the trash can spit it back out.

It was just that nasty.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

The ad was stupid and annoying, but I've seen worse.

The Hormel compleats are so nasty, I tried to throw one away and the trash can spit it back out.

It was just that nasty.

Weird.
Mine just did the China Syndrome thing (after burning right through the kitchen floor)!  Dead

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Weird.

Mine just did the China Syndrome thing (after burning right through the kitchen floor)!  Dead

Probably headed back to where it came from!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 1:20am

Weird.

My first thought was Hell, then I noticed the bold. LOL
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 4:22am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

Weird.

My first thought was Hell, then I noticed the bold. LOL

six/one = half dozen/other.

C'mon, man!
jsbc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 8:11pm
I didn't even know a website like this existed until I Googled "I hate the pepperona commercial."

It's seriously one of the most annoying commercials I've ever seen. I want to violently throw my remote at the TV anytime it comes on... Angry
NickiDrea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickiDrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 2:36am
I just watched this commercial with my full attention for the first time. It's unbearable. I think it ranks in the top 5 worst commercials I've ever seen, along with the Lamisil commercial with the lifting up of the toenail.   It really is that terrible.
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 1:39pm
LOL Mr. Aleen was trying to tell me something the other day when this commercial came on and I kid you not, he stopped dead in his tracks and just stared at the TV, slack-jawed for an awkward amount of time.  Even after the commercial was over, he was still just standing, staring.....
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

LOL Mr. Aleen was trying to tell me something the other day when this commercial came on and I kid you not, he stopped dead in his tracks and just stared at the TV, slack-jawed for an awkward amount of time.  Even after the commercial was over, he was still just standing, staring.....

He knows he's married to a CIH member and therefore, you'd fully understand his incredulity.

C'mon, man!
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 4:24pm
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WTF happened to mankind?
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 8:54pm
I did not expect any commercial to top the narwhals in annoyance and sheer idiocy. This could be the one!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
raynjuls View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raynjuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 12:11am
When your product line includes Spam, you probably set your bar pretty low but good Lord do something original or at least moderately tolerable.
When a true genius enters the world, you will know him by this sign; all the dunces will be in confederacy against him....
MrTitters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTitters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 12:40am
First time post. VERY opinionated hater of (most) commercials.

Let me just say that i LOVE this commercial. The reason it is SO STUPID that it is entertaining. As far as commercials go, it gets your attention.

Also, Alex Meixner, the guy in the commercial, is in fact a Grammy nominated one man band.

http://alexmeixner.com

(Sorry, the forum refused to post an actual link Cry)

So, yeah.. Tongue
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 1:09am
ConfusedHomey smells trouble.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic