Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Freakin' Chevy Focus Groups

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

Not sure if anyone has seen this one since we get different commercials in Canada, but it's the most annoying Chevy Focus Group commercial ever, as it contains all the things I hate in a commercial, with the added bonus of children. The bobble-head boy is most annoying, because he's 'pretty jealous' - and then the kids all say (in unison, no less) "Oh my gosh" Like "gosh" is a word that kids today use on a regular basis, even though I haven't seen the word ever used except in an Archie comic, or on reruns of Leave it to Beaver. not to mention when I first saw it, I though it said Clans vs Zombies Modern Warfare 2, but it said Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2, which I didn't know was even a game and had to google it just to be sure. Also, wondering (based on the diverse age group) are these the children of the producers and chevy top ceo's or a combined classroom out on a field trip to a chevy plant, or did chevy kidnap these kids off the street? Anyhoo, here is the awful commercial in it's entirety, you be the judge:

This is the one I came on to comment on. As if we needed any more proof that Chevy focus groups are indeed actors, here we have this little gaggle of gamers with their "Oh my gosh" in unison when the curtain opens to reveal some SUVs and crossovers and whatnot. While I'm not sure if "Oh my gosh" is still something that kids say, I AM pretty sure it's not something they say when they see a bunch of new-age station wagons. If it were a bunch of Corvettes, maybe, because... you know, those look cool and you might actually get a little twinge in your roll of Tums when you see one. But, for the simple fact that they react on the sight of the cars, BEFORE it is explained to them how this is going to allow them all to play Angry Birds... or whatever... just screams "scripted" louder that Little Timmy getting his first (apparently SUV-inspired) boner caught in his zipper.

Sorry, but when you're using actors and trying to play the "not actors" card, you should spend a few extra bucks and get actors who are good enough actors to convince me that they're not actors.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 10:16pm
^LOL  Thumbs Up
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 12:05am
Oh yes, kids still say oh my gosh/god. Sometimes they even say "O-M-G". YES...O, followed by an M, followed by a G. Text talk.
This focus group series needs to wrap it up, now. I'm sick of every one of these ads. "Real people, not actors" - yeah, and pigs are flying and hell is freezing over.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 11:01am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

There are situations where I would love to try a jammer, the fear of getting caught and slammed with a massive fine is a bigger turn off. This happened a few years ago here in Philly.

I get this particular guys frustration, but he comes off like a total d-bag with no friends. 

Should be perfectly legal for retail cashiers to use.
Brian the Klunkman View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian the Klunkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 11:00pm
They also made one making fun of old technology. Also, I wonder if the bearded focus group guy is just either some weirdo Chevy kidnapped off the streets, one of Chevy's executives, some middle-class hipster hired by Chevy to lead these "real people" in order for him to get enough money for a Wii U or an Xbox One or a Playstation 4 or a Wii Mini, an ex-actor for English dubs of Japanese anime, or someone the ad agency kidnapped off the streets.
michael971 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 1:19am
Originally posted by MixPickle MixPickle wrote:

I despise that one with the 3 doors and the 3 top trucks - all Chevy.

And the freakin' moron at the end that says "Chevy. Chevy. Chevy."

The moron can count to three!

They can run 100 "focus groups" and select the best one and edit it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 9:05am
ConfusedThe 'respond in emojis' one gets my vote of 'hate', although I really do not like any of them and Chevy should know the longer they keep it up, the longer it will be before I rent or buy another Chevy - 'emoji' - one of those newfangled, made-up words for single image silly. childish, and immature computer cartoons reflecting the user's 'feelings' (screw a bunch of their 'feelings')...but they did do SOME good with this commercial. Did anyone notice the name tags on the participants? No way they are the real names - but kudos (another new-fangled word I dislike) to Chevy for the names.
Two black folks, 'Luyanda' and 'Aston', eh? 'Aston''s parents appear to either have a spelling deficiency by forgetting the 'h' in the proper first name of 'Ashton', or they named him after John Aston, or maybe even after the Aston-Martin motor car. I've never known anybody with the first name of 'Aston'. Then again I've never known or heard of 'Luyanda', but she's kinda cute and the fun way she says 'stop it' in the back seat in another version of this commercial makes me want to do bad fun things to her. Then again, I also just love the made-up name, 'Luyanda' - yup! I sure do. In fact, I love the name so much I think I want to adopt & raise a little Chinese black & white (not as in 'beaten') orphany-baby so I call her 'Luyanda the Panda' and I have emojis (emoticons) for that! HeartHug
Will she drive a Chevy? No, she's too young, Chevy's too stupid, and GM makes rattletrap cars and yea - I have an emoji for them - Clown.  

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic