Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Freakin' Chevy Focus Groups

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MixPickle View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MixPickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Freakin' Chevy Focus Groups
    Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 6:38pm
I despise that one with the 3 doors and the 3 top trucks - all Chevy.

And the freakin' moron at the end that says "Chevy. Chevy. Chevy."

The moron can count to three!

Sponsored Links

Commercialsmeh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commercialsmeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 6:56pm
Haven't seen that one. But I hate the focus group ads in general. Thumbs Down
"Life can be like a TV show, but without the commercials"
~Anonymous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 7:14pm
This is the one that just won't die, STFU! Chevy.
There are other threads too. I don't want to give it to anyone.

The platinum blond, the guy with 2 earings and a weird haircut, I don't take advice from people like this.

MrPink View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 5:34pm
i despise the bearded hipster focus group leader. 
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 6:23pm
I miss the days when car commercials consisted of music, clips of cars driving, and a voiceover!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Commercialsmeh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Commercialsmeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I miss the days when car commercials consisted of music, clips of cars driving, and a voiceover!

Don't we all? Unhappy
"Life can be like a TV show, but without the commercials"
~Anonymous
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 2:31am
They're actors all right. They know the odds of them getting on the tube are much greater if they act like they're creaming their jeans over these overpriced pieces of poop.
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 4:22am
This one I keep seeing over and over and over again. They commercial of "real people" with the random comments "Great deal", "Perfect Christmas Gift, Holiday Gift" - it does NOTHING for me, why the f- do I care what these people think? This is supposed to make me jump out of my seat and run out and buy a damn Malibu?

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/AIuY/chevrolet-holiday-deals-gift

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

This one I keep seeing over and over and over again. They commercial of "real people" with the random comments "Great deal", "Perfect Christmas Gift, Holiday Gift" - it does NOTHING for me, why the f- do I care what these people think? This is supposed to make me jump out of my seat and run out and buy a damn Malibu?

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/AIuY/chevrolet-holiday-deals-gift

I'm glad this awful ad was featured here. I cannot stand that Asian poof that speaks with a vocal fry. The target audience that Chevy is trying to gain are those digesting "hipsters".
f**k Chevy!
One man gathers what another man spills
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 10:28pm

Man, I really hate this one. The subtle "make the man look stupid and the woman look smart" is present. WHY, for god's sake? This is a freakin' TRUCK commercial. Presumably aimed mostly at men.

But the snarky blond HAD to be the one to pick CHEVY, and the other guys picked ram and ford. And of course when the guy picked ford, the blond groans, like "what an idiot you are". Just remember, this is done on purpose! Some ad agency sat and wrote this out so that the woman would be right (pick Chevy) and then groan when the "stupid" guy picked ford.

But WHY? What is the point of making the man look stupid when trying to sell trucks? I guess they are just so used to the trope of making men look like complete imbeciles that it's just SOP for the adholes. 
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 12:00am

After these 3 "real people" give the three Chevys a thorough 5 second examination, they act surprised, then ask for their paycheck.  
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 4:17am
I can't see how these a$$hats can do any new commercials now. I would think many would recognize this total hipster dweeb from 6, 7 months worth of these sh*t commercials before taking their little "focus group test" 

I can't find the post of the Malibu with all the emblems removed and the idiots guessing who makes the car.  What kills me is "all the technology" and they ask how much - "Starting at $22,500" (camera cuts to idiots in shock). 

Yeah...for the stripped down basic model! You want the Apple Car play, the leather, the nice wheels, sunroof, etc etc. then prepare to drop well over 36K. Not a new tactic in these ads, I know.. I just despise these "real people." Chevy ads. (I never noticed that until now, I always tune these ads out)

$36,500+ for a Chevy, get the f outta here!

NomoFlo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoFlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 3:37am
I hate these enough to never buy a Chevy. I guess advertising is powerful.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 8:30pm
They do nothing for or against me. The one I'm thinking about is where the dude chucks the hot chick's phones into a wood chipper. Notice how covertly they are all showing some nice leg. Hipsters don't buy Chevys at least now. But one of them will pick up a Chevy creampuff clunker from Cuba and then they will embrace that model. Most hipsters cream their unwashed skirts and jeans to Prius, Subaru and some Jeeps from Lemon Chrysler/Fiat/Fix It Again Tony.

But them being hipstertards they'd probably make this car the hipstermobile.

But wait there's more! A real fugly hipster possibility:
or worse yet:

I approve this message.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 11:04pm
^  Hell, I had one of these (same color, even) back in the 70s and 80s.  Wouldn't mind having it again.  Potential hipster mobile?  Maybe.  But I wouldn't care.

'Sides, I'd probably customize it a bit or something.  Not necessarily like this, but it's the closest I could find.  Not a lot out there on Google in the way of customized 1977 Toyota SR5s.  LOL

deacon blues View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deacon blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 2:10am
I wouldn't buy a POS Chevy if my life depended on it. Or any GM car, or a Toyota, or a VW
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by commercialssuck commercialssuck wrote:

Man, I really hate this one. The subtle "make the man look stupid and the woman look smart" is present. WHY, for god's sake? This is a freakin' TRUCK commercial. Presumably aimed mostly at men.

But the snarky blond HAD to be the one to pick CHEVY, and the other guys picked ram and ford. And of course when the guy picked ford, the blond groans, like "what an idiot you are". Just remember, this is done on purpose! Some ad agency sat and wrote this out so that the woman would be right (pick Chevy) and then groan when the "stupid" guy picked ford.

But WHY? What is the point of making the man look stupid when trying to sell trucks? I guess they are just so used to the trope of making men look like complete imbeciles that it's just SOP for the adholes. 

Yep, SOP in commercials. Women....specifically housewives smart. Men, specifically dads who had to stay home with the kids, dumb. Which includes the tired visual of the woman opening the door to see crying kids, boiling over pots and smoking pans on the stove, spilled drinks and garbage all over because Dumb Daddy is incompetent without her around
MrFlavor View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFlavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 12:40am

I can't see how these a$$hats can do any new commercials now. I would think many would recognize this total hipster dweeb from 6, 7 months worth of these sh*t commercials before taking their little "focus group test" 

I can't find the post of the Malibu with all the emblems removed and the idiots guessing who makes the car.  What kills me is "all the technology" and they ask how much - "Starting at $22,500" (camera cuts to idiots in shock). 

Yeah...for the stripped down basic model! You want the Apple Car play, the leather, the nice wheels, sunroof, etc etc. then prepare to drop well over 36K. Not a new tactic in these ads, I know.. I just despise these "real people." Chevy ads. (I never noticed that until now, I always tune these ads out)

My thoughts almost exactly.
Then there's this guy. Stands there looking right at the goddamned grill wondering out loud if it's a BMW.

Also the ending: "It's a game changer." NOBODY TALKS LIKE THAT! That phrase doesn't even mean anything! What game? The one where you buy a Malibu? Yeah, Chevy wins that game, not you.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 1:46am
Originally posted by MrFlavor MrFlavor wrote:

Then there's this guy. Stands there looking right at the goddamned grill wondering out loud if it's a BMW.

Also the ending: "It's a game changer." NOBODY TALKS LIKE THAT! That phrase doesn't even mean anything! What game? The one where you buy a Malibu? Yeah, Chevy wins that game, not you.
BMW grills are pretty distinctive. I have owned 12 Chevys. The most I have ever paid was $400. 5 were given to me free. LOL
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 1:57am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

They do nothing for or against me. The one I'm thinking about is where the dude chucks the hot chick's phones into a wood chipper. Notice how covertly they are all showing some nice leg. Hipsters don't buy Chevys at least now. But one of them will pick up a Chevy creampuff clunker from Cuba and then they will embrace that model. Most hipsters cream their unwashed skirts and jeans to Prius, Subaru and some Jeeps from Lemon Chrysler/Fiat/Fix It Again Tony.

But them being hipstertards they'd probably make this car the hipstermobile.

But wait there's more! A real fugly hipster possibility:
or worse yet:

I had 2 1960 Chevys. An Impala 2 door hard top and a sedan delivery (no side windows in the back) 2 door wagon. They were not very popular and therefore cheap. The Plymouth Valiant photo posted was always one of those WTFs in the styling department.LOL 

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 2:02am

Man, I really hate this one. The subtle "make the man look stupid and the woman look smart" is present. WHY, for god's sake? This is a freakin' TRUCK commercial. Presumably aimed mostly at men. .... 

Maybe they are prepping us for our first woman president?
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Man, I really hate this one. The subtle "make the man look stupid and the woman look smart" is present. WHY, for god's sake? This is a freakin' TRUCK commercial. Presumably aimed mostly at men. .... 

Maybe they are prepping us for our first woman president?

I was reading an article about an hour ago regarding more Hillary classified emails discovered. A female commented that there was an extremely well qualified female not running for POTUS. Hillary! She then went on and on and on... regarding Hillary's qualifications and accomplishments.Confused I realized the "not running" was a mistake of some sort but I finished reading it as I had to wait a few minutes for the champagne to settle down so I could pound the cork back in.LOL

Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 4:04am

I hate that funkn blonde - acts like she's a truck-afficiondo, totally into trucks, like some bad-ass trucker chick - she probably drives a Corolla in real life and has the IQ of a brick. If the commercial writers were trying to appeal to the women watching this commercial, it's a big FAIL.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 1:08pm
Is there ANYONE here who can quote a posting without reposting all the pictures? The main reason I find this site unusable. Threads that repeat graphics and videos over and over and over.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by MrFlavor MrFlavor wrote:

It doesn't even come close to looking like a BMW. That asshat doesn't know his cars!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic