Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas classics on at 9:00 PM?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christmas classics on at 9:00 PM?
    Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 8:01pm
The other night, Charlie Brown Christmas came on at 9:00 PM after that 50 year Peanuts anniversary show. And tonight, the Grinch comes on at 9:00 PM (ET). Isn't that kind of late for kids? I remember it was an honor to stay up until 8:30 - possibly 9:00 to watch these classics. At least Rudolph had the decency to come on at 8:00. Is it just me? Am I the old fart?

Yes, I know they will all be repeated on Saturday, December 12 (yeah, I searched - what of it?) but it just seemed ridiculously late to air these shows.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 10:29pm
No, old fart, it is not your imagination.
I noticed the same thing, too. Pretty sure the parents of today have deemed our 'specials' too realistic and violent for today's carpet crawlers.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 1:03am
^Well yeah, Rudolph was bullied by all of the other reindeer. Frosty was pretty much murdered. Don't even get me started on the Heat Miser and Snow Miser. Angry
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic