Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Al Sharpton + Pat Robertson for the environment.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Al Sharpton + Pat Robertson for the environment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicagostyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Al Sharpton + Pat Robertson for the environment.
    Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 4:35am

Okay I get the point of the commercial, "liberals and conservatives need to work together to help the environment " Fine. But why the hell are those two loons representing the Left and Right!? Seriously, I bet the other people on that set had their IQ's dropped due to the combined stupidity of those two men.Angry
Sponsored Links

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 4:55am
My feelings exactly, Chicagostyle!  Why line the already overflowing pockets of these twoCensored???

(I wonder if there's going to be an Ann Coulter article about this commercial....)LOL
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:14am
Is it just me or did those two guys' heads look like those rubber masks Spencer's sells at Halloween?
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:47am
I didn't notice that.  My jaw dropped by seeing the two of them together.LOL
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 9:42am
Welcome, Chicagostyle!

The first time that spot aired, a circuit breaker tripped and our power mercifully went out before we could be slimed by the Dynamiting Duo.
Love endures all.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Chicagostyle Chicagostyle wrote:

Okay I get the point of the commercial, "liberals and conservatives need to work together to help the environment " Fine. But why the hell are those two loons representing the Left and Right!? Seriously, I bet the other people on that set had their IQ's dropped due to the combined stupidity of those two men.Angry

Why are these two even representing environmental concerns at all.  Last I knew, one was a black charlatan and the other, a radical televangelist.  Where does their expertise in the environment come from?  I blame Al Gore for turning "the environment" into a left-right battle, and making anyone and everyone an expert on the subject.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 4:20pm
I suppose it's because they are so identifiable as polar opposites on such matters.

And Thor, please don't blame Al Gore. The right has always been against environmental regulation because it costs the corporations who contribute heavily to their cause more money & reduces the number of nickels they can squeeze out of their operations to give to themselves as bonuses. Al Gore didn't cause that.

LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:05pm
Jimbo's correct on this:  The what's-good-for-business-is-good-for-America mindset has been around far longer than Al Gore.
Love endures all.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:09pm
Possibly true.  But I don't think it's because they're "right".  It's because they're corporate.  There're plenty of people on the right who are there for reasons other than wealth.  Al Gore, being a representative of the left, and a former VP, turned it into a political argument.  Of course, maybe it's an argument that needs to be made.  Or maybe not.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by LOL1955 LOL1955 wrote:

Jimbo's correct on this:  The what's-good-for-business-is-good-for-America mindset has been around far longer than Al Gore.

Of course that mindset is generally true.  It's not perfect, but it's not the enemy.  It's made America one of the wealthiest, most powerful, most diverse nations ever.  

Ryan Ferneau View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Ferneau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:58pm
Maybe the point is, even loons like those two can help the environment.
souris View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote souris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 6:41pm

Originally posted by Chicagostyle Chicagostyle wrote:

Seriously, I bet the other people on that set had their IQ's dropped due to the combined stupidity of those two men.Angry
Not to mention, I was so sure that getting two egos that large so close together would cause an irreparable rip in the fabric of space-time.But maybe I just forgot to carry the one....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Why are these two even representing environmental concerns at all.  Last I knew, one was a black charlatan and the other, a radical televangelist...   

Personally, I would've dropped it right there - you said it all so perfectly.

http://www.wecansolveit.org/page/s/unlikelyalliance

(My folks right down the street from Roberton's lil' compound...it's funny, yet scary to watch 80+r's tossing rotton tomatoes towards his little 'piece of heaven' polluting their back yard...)

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 3:32am
I wonder if that's what I heard about today, that The Dixie Chicks and a Country-Western star (Toby Keith?), are making up and doing something relating to Al Gore and the environment.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 3:34am
Also, Sharpton and Robertson are (supposedly) men of God.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 3:42am
I just saw an environmental spot featuring Pelosi and Newt.LOL
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 10:49am
Well, I'm sort of conservative, because I hate seeing a lot of waste and doing dumb sh*t, but this war....I wanted to get rid of Saddam's dumb murdering ass, but this is a lot of watse (lives, limbs and money) and dumb sh*t!!!!So, although conservative, I can't call myself "right."

We could end world hunger just at the stuff we toss out on a whim. Trouble is, there is no system to get it to whomever needs it.

I can no longer subscribe to either side, and I find myself somewhere in the middle. But I will say this even though it may be unpopular here, at least from the right, you know they have this f**k you attitude about the environment, where as a lot of the left politicians, (and I said politicians, not all but a lot) will only say they care so you'll vote for them. Then when they get into office they never really do a f**king thing. They all lie!!! right or left, they don't give a f**k about anything but power and keeping that cushy job for as long as possible and that pinsion for life.

Look, the only real way to help the environment? You're wallet!! Don't buy from people who are f**king it up!! Simple trouble is, it's a numbers game and you have to get people to agree to do it, and people are greedy as hell and don't give a f**k. So like I say a lot, 'We're all f**ked! It's just a matter of how deep? How long? and by who??
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Hafk View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hafk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

We could end world hunger just at the stuff we toss out on a whim. Trouble is, there is no system to get it to whomever needs it.

As a man who worked as a dishwasher once, I COMPLETELY agree with you.
Garbage bags and garbage bags of food, All wasted. Every damn day. Even more on busy days.
We would rather throw out perfectly good food, than take it home in a box.
Besides, when I pay that much for a meal, I'm going to eat all of it anyway.

Now I understand some foods will end up very icky if taken home too late, and I don't care so much about that. However, for the foods that keep up well in a fridge, there is no reason. Thats another meal right there!

And with the very-heavy sized portions that these places give nowadays, you can get two meals out of it, most of the time.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 3:30pm

...where as a lot of the left politicians, (and I said politicians, not all but a lot) will only say they care so you'll vote for them. Then when they get into office they never really do a f**king thing. They all lie!!! right or left, they don't give a f**k about anything but power and keeping that cushy job for as long as possible and that pinsion for life.

Well, it's not as simple as that. The way our government is set up, you can't get anything done without a majority of congress on the same side of whatever the issue may be. It was designed that way on purpose to help insure that whatever got done was the will of the people, because the politicians voting on these bills are supposedly reflecting the wants & needs people in their home districts. 

So just because a politician runs & gets elected on a particular issue, then is unable to accomplish anything on that issue is not necessarily his or her fault.

Quote Look, the only real way to help the environment? You're wallet!! Don't buy from people who are f**king it up!!

Or better yet, if everyone stopped voting for candidates who are soft on environmental issues, we'd soon have a large enough majority of lawmakers in congress who take environmental issues seriously enough to vote for & pass into law measures that would help the environment.

Then we'd see something get done.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 5:31pm
I agree Jimbo on your first point, but I was referring to the opposition as well, at least I meant to and missed the oppotunity. There are very few honest ones in Washington. And you think someone is "your Guy" until something winds up on YouTube. I feel like most of the opposition to many good pieces of Legislation, is decided based entirely on the depth of the pockets of lobbyists.

I think of a lot of good people go to Washington with good intentions, then they get there and fall victim to, "Everybody does it!!" and compromises their integrity. It might start out small, but then grows, espicially if someone very unscrupulous sees them do something and threatens to rat. That may sound cynical, but I've been watching the news for a while.

And they even get their asses smeared on Fox News. LOL I mean I don't care what news anyone watches, I just don't get the arguemnt that Fox is so incredibly right leaning as a lot of folks say. I think they lean to the right somewhat but not that much. I know this isn't the thread for that debate, but I'd like to have it. I wish you guys who feel that way would start a thread and start it out with your arguements against Fox, cause I have not heard them all. We could keep it really civil. Personally I see just as many Reps as Dems get smeared and blasted on there.
Jnmcda0 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jnmcda0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 3:49am

The point of these ads is to show that people of opposing viewpoints still agree that something needs to be done about global warming.  The people chosen for the ads are chosen because they are high-profile, not because they are necessarily the best representations of the left and the right.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 4:38am

And they even get their asses smeared on Fox News. LOL I mean I don't care what news anyone watches, I just don't get the arguemnt that Fox is so incredibly right leaning as a lot of folks say. I think they lean to the right somewhat but not that much. I know this isn't the thread for that debate, but I'd like to have it. I wish you guys who feel that way would start a thread and start it out with your arguements against Fox, cause I have not heard them all. We could keep it really civil. Personally I see just as many Reps as Dems get smeared and blasted on there.

You wouldn't get much argument from me.  FOX News (cable) is my default news channel.  I'll watch the others, depending on who's on.  If FOX is biased right, it's only in relation to MSNBC which is biased left.  People like to believe that they're reading or watching "the real thing", but it's only "the real thing" because they agree with the slant. 

I do miss Tucker Carlson on MSNBC, though.  He was the only conservative there.  Of course, he was no fan of Bush, so I guess he was an acceptable conservative to MSNBC.  Till they got rid of him.  Such is the fate of the lone conservative on a liberal news channel, I guess.

Let me add that I don't even watch FOX (or any cable news channel) much these days.  There's just so much campaign coverage I can take. 

BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 6:51am
People who claim that ONLY Fox News is biased...are biased.
Now back to 'CNN Presents George W. Bush Is A Doo-Doo Head, And Only Barack Obama, Al Gore, and Larry King Can Save Us.' I'm Wuss Blister reporting.'LOL
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 10:05pm
WUSS BLISTER???  Shocked............................................ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like it!!!
I watch FOX and then I watch Bill Maher!! LOL I even agree with a lot of the things Maher says, but damn he's as fruity as a nut cake on some sh*t. You got to know both sides to make an informed decision.

As far as the environment goes, cause that's what this thread was originally about, we can make it a little better, but there are alot of folks who just DO NOT CARE!!! And sadly they never will. I'm no tree hugger, but I'm also a fisherman and I'd hate seeing my beautiful Tennessee River become a nasty cesspool, and it got bad at one point. That was until my state dropped the hammer on pollution and drinking and driving. It's funny how when they cracked down on D&D the pollution /litter problem lessened considerably!! LOL I'm not saying global warming is caused by drunks!! LOL But I am saying it cut way down on the discarded beer cans and the prisoners were made to pick up trash!! LOL

Maybe if we make smaller term limits for politicians who are full of hot air, the temperature would drop some!!!
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 10:53pm
Ah talk Hillbilly.
And ize be speakin' ebonics.
But  consarn it, we agree on thet thar envirominty thang!
Fo shizzle!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic