Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Walmart - Holidays

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 6:27pm
I used to have one near me.  It didn't seem to have anything that the Walmart Supercenter didn't have, so there was no reason for me to go there.

The Supercenters are rare in NJ.  Seems the grocers' unions have a way of blocking them.  I liked the Supercenters.  They had almost everything I needed, foodwise---plus clothes, plus some basic hardware supplies.

Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 6:27pm
Just saw that Toys R Us is opening at 5:00 PM. Maybe AM. Who the hell knows anymore.

I know that after scarfing down a meal like Thanksgiving, accompanied by copious glasses of some kind of alky-hol, the last thing on the planet I would want to do is get into my coat and mill around an overheated, LOUD store. You'd find me curled up on one of those fake half beds in the bedding department.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

treos View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 10:15pm
just 2 more days (black thursday >.>) until the riots begin. good thing we have no reason to go anywhere near big stores like that on thanksgiving.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

Just saw that Toys R Us is opening at 5:00 PM. Maybe AM. Who the hell knows anymore.

I know that after scarfing down a meal like Thanksgiving, accompanied by copious glasses of some kind of alky-hol, the last thing on the planet I would want to do is get into my coat and mill around an overheated, LOUD store. You'd find me curled up on one of those fake half beds in the bedding department.

Yeah, I can't even imagine dragging my ass out of the house, much less getting in the car and driving around town to get there.

Eat and flop are the two main descriptive words in my plan.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 12:57am
Originally posted by treos treos wrote:

just 2 more days (black thursday >.>) until the riots begin.

Or, where I live, knifings and rumbles.  Lotta Puerto Ricans in North Jersey. 

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 2:58am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

just 2 more days (black thursday >.>) until the riots begin.

Or, where I live, knifings and rumbles.  Lotta Puerto Ricans in North Jersey. 

"Black Fridays Matter"..... "Black Fridays Matter"....
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

JCPenney is opening up at 3PM Thanksgiving afternoon. Is that a record?
By the end of the decade, they will start opening up Wednesday afternoon with Black Friday doorbusters.

-crainbebo

KMart takes the prize again for the biggest scumbags on the planet, they will open 6am Thursday. Remains open until 10pm Friday.

We have a Western regional chain Fred Meyer that is advertising 6 AM Thursday to 10 PM Saturday!Angry
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 7:52pm
I can understand Fred Meyer. Most people will go on Thursday morning because they forgot an ingredient for their turkey or their fruit salad. They usually open 5AM Black Friday.
Bi-Mart is closed on Thanksgiving. Kudos to them. They will be open 5AM Black Friday.
Wish everyone would learn from Bi-Mart!! A disgusting attempt by too many stores to open on Thanksgiving.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 8:40pm
I wonder when we'll all just start doing Thanksgiving on Wednesday? These stores are absolutely ridiculous. F 'em. I'll be home all day Thursday and Friday. 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 1:03am
Instead of spending your hard-earned money on Walmart, who would open at 6PM tonight for Black Friday if they wanted to, shop small on Saturday. Thumbs Up
https://shopsmall.americanexpress.com/

We have several antique stores in Yakima that are local to the community. I have some spending cash - maybe I'll go support my local small businesses, and the owners that keep them alive. They are no multi-millionaire (or billionaire) CEOs, these people enjoy running the business to serve their community.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 1:09am
I love your thinking - personally been living that philosophy for years.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 4:40pm

Instead of spending your hard-earned money on Walmart, who would open at 6PM tonight for Black Friday if they wanted to, shop small on Saturday. Thumbs Up
https://shopsmall.americanexpress.com/

We have several antique stores in Yakima that are local to the community. I have some spending cash - maybe I'll go support my local small businesses, and the owners that keep them alive. They are no multi-millionaire (or billionaire) CEOs, these people enjoy running the business to serve their community.

Bi-mart is great. I have been a member since 1970. Another employee owned chain I use is Waremart. Yes Waremart! We now have the only one left since the stores in Tri Cities, WA became WinCos. I'm expecting the sign to change though as they have finally exhausted the supply of Waremart grocery bags. I also use local small businesses when possible. 

EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 5:23pm
I live in the city where Bi-Mart #1 is located - Yakima. They started right here in the Palm Springs of Washington, 60 years ago.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 4:34am
Maybe I haven't been paying attention in past years, but my god it seems this years Black Friday commercials have been churning non stop since Nov 1. Between "Happy Thanks Getting" from Verizon to every car maker with their Black Fri deals. I don't recall THIS many ads for tomorrows (or tonight's) big savings.  

It's here to stay though - just saw the local Philly news and the reporter was interviewing shoppers at the local packed malls around Philly, NJ. One ugly cow all excited stating that "Thanksgiving shopping is her new tradition holiday." Shut up loser!

As for the Holidays in general, so f'ing over this already and we still have another month of this garbage.

Yeah, bah humbug! Angry

meecepeece View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meecepeece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 10:57am
There is not a thing wrong with styles opening on holidays. There will always be people willing to work, like me, someone who hates Thanksgiving, because ask it is is a holiday that celebrates white morons, in need of Native Americans help so they'd not starve. Then they turn around, kill their tribes, steal their country. Yeah, nice things to celebrate by overeating. I could not care less. I'd rather shop my own self. If stores want to stay open on Thanksgiving good for them. I dint like ask the ads, no. However, that's not what I am defending here.I dislike Christmas too, really. I give gifts and stuff, but it means nothing to me. I didn't nine years on the street homeless, spending holidays with the homeless in shelters. Those are thankful people. Thankful just to have turkey. Thankful to be warm. My view is forever changed from my life experiences I guess.
If you could see the you that I see when I see you seeing me, you'd see yourself so differently, believe me-
meecepeece View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meecepeece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 10:58am
Sorry for the typos. My Swype changed the words and I didn't proofread. Oops.
If you could see the you that I see when I see you seeing me, you'd see yourself so differently, believe me-
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 2:13am
Finally got some sleep.  6 hours worth.  Prior to that, I worked 27 hours of the previous 34 hour time period, with 2 hours of sleep.  Started my Black Friday at 3am on Thursday when I woke up.  Came home midnight last night.  Got 2 hours of sleep, and got back up at 3am this morning.

Black Friday rules!  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 3:46am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Finally got some sleep.  6 hours worth.  Prior to that, I worked 27 hours of the previous 34 hour time period, with 2 hours of sleep.  Started my Black Friday at 3am on Thursday when I woke up.  Came home midnight last night.  Got 2 hours of sleep, and got back up at 3am this morning.

Black Friday rules!  LOL

Enjoy your heart attack.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
treos View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 10:21pm
so, how were the riots this year? any ambulance calls or worse?

my aunt said they were testing the security at walmart here the a day or 2 later when the event actually took off it got pretty crowded.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 6:15am
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

PigI've pigged out to the max and am either ready for a nap or ready to lay a loaf as turkey has that effect. F going to some half assed overheated store for a BS doorbuster. In the future Black Friday sales will be 24/7 round the clock... on Jan. 2, 2065..."Only 357 more shopping days till Christmas (2065). They'll have robots that act and look, walk, talk like people slaving in those retail emporiums round the clock for those who must get their jollies off by descending on an overheated brick and mortar store for the latest cheap gimmick schlock made in China by Chinese slave robots. There will be a holidays from hell dimension where those addicted to BS, fala la la, singing Granny got Run Over by a Reindeer and Little Drummer Drone can engage in the festive fake malarky that is the over commercialization of the holidays 24/7 365 days a year.
I approve this message.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 12:20pm

so, how were the riots this year? any ambulance calls or worse?

my aunt said they were testing the security at walmart here the a day or 2 later when the event actually took off it got pretty crowded.

Sadly, no riots at mine.  Just mainly lots of Puerto Ricans and Indians (red-dots, not pow-wows) annoying me with their foreign languages/accents.  There were even some from the terrorist persuasion.   All well-behaved, though.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 9:48pm
Walmart fight for TV in El Paso, TX. Am I ever surprised?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 11:12pm

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 12:17am

Play this as background atmosphere music as the sheeple make assholes out of themselves at Wal Nut, falling prices, falling people, made in China goodies crashing down. Cash registers and bob tails ring a ding, a dingy ding dong dung.
I approve this message.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 2:16am

My first thought on seeing this was:
Wouldn't it be easier to just open more registers?  Tongue

On the plus side, at least she spoke English.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic