Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hyundai Tucson Escape Vehicle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hyundai Tucson Escape Vehicle
    Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 7:49pm

Saw this ad while watching football the other day. I loathe everything about it. The "hipster" music sucks. The insinuation that a person is "courageous" for leaving work on time. The voice-over that says "you have no idea" (which doesn't mean anything, by the way).

All the guy's co-workers staring enviously at him while he drives down a completely empty street to.....FREEDOM!!! The woman that flares her nose in envy at the guy in the "escape vehicle." The fact that they call their car an "escape vehicle". It's all such nonsense and stupidity!!Angry

And last but not least...the slogan. "The official pace-car of life." WTF? Not just the pace-car of life, but the OFFICIAL pace-car of life. These adholes sure know how to talk a lot without really saying anything.

Also, I would guarantee that when a promotion comes up, the guy who leaves "on time" will be passed right by every damn time.
Sponsored Links

commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 5:50am
No one else finds this ad annoying? Wink
stan319 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:55pm
Not only will he not get promoted but the company will find a way to get rid of him. Then, he can use his 
"escape vehicle" to look for another job.
I wonder how "courageous" he will be when his " official pace car of life" is repossessed.   
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 9:05pm

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hyundai-Busy (video)

Kris L. Walker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris L. Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 3:50am
This moron isn't courageous, or whatever the Censored, that Hyundai is trying to say. I'd rather see him get fired, and his car tires be flat, and when he gets frustrated, he gets struck by a bolt of lightning. I'm sorry, but, this commercial is so infuriating, that it makes me sick to my stomach. Nice try Hyundai, but that fool isn't courageous, nor would he be able to drive home that quick. No road is that clear. Not one Censored road! Oh yeah, I forgot, this is commercial land, and commercial land is where all the roads are mysteriously clear, so you can drive like a fool, and ignore all road rules. Sounds like fun, until the train or tractor trailer out of nowhere appears, and either destroys your car, or runs you off the road, and off a cliff where the car crashes and burns while angry Grandma's pelt you with peas, and you try to escape but can't, because they are good people, and you the so-called 'courageous' one, are the idiot of the week.
Back from an unexpected hiatus. Time to rip ads a new one all over again.
stan319 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 1:31pm
When I worked and put in extra hours, we had this thing called "over time ".
Of course, I was a peon and not very "courageous."
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 3:24pm
I didn't hear ANYTHING in this commerical about the actual car!

Also, it doesn't even attempt to explain (at 0:18) how it is that fellow co-workers ON DIFFERENT FLOORS OF THE BUILDING know that Mr. Courageous has now left the building?

As for slamming your phone and laptop lid shut at precisely 6:00:59.9, I wonder how much "courage" it takes to stand in line at the unemployment office?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 7:19pm

I used to work in the area where the commercial was filmed.   Parking down there is affordable only for the better people, not this guy.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic