Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TRUTH - It's A Trap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRUTH - It's A Trap
    Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 9:38pm
So it's that time again. The time of year when we get bombarded with these sh*tty anti-smoking commercials. This one is full of overused memes and dorks. And bullsh*t, of course. I despise these ads with a passion, and furious anger. It seems that they outdid themselves this time. The comments are proof of that. I'll put the link after the video. Enjoy this gem.

Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Sponsored Links

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 9:54pm
I'd feel a lot better about this commercial if they had added a couple at some make-out spot and just when the guy tries to get to third base the girl turns into Caitlyn and they do the tagline.

It's a trap!

Yeah, that used to be a thing.

"I only smoke when I find out the girl I'm dating used to be a dude, and still is... where it counts".
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 10:27pm
LOL It sure would put a new spin on "smoking a cigarette" or "having a butt" , wouldn't it? Sick

tempacct View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempacct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 12:05am
When I picture the writers I always picture some annoying losers from Berkeley or Oberlin or Pajama Boy from the Obamacare ads.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 6:45pm
What a bizarre bunch of BS this is, barfing unicorns? Really?

Now, this is a trap.

Or this.

And this.

And yes, my friends. Even this....Tongue

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 8:56pm
Dude. Disapprove
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 9:35pm

Aka, I thought we were gonna ignore him.

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 12:22am
Seems incomplete without this guy, Admiral Ackbar. Smile

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Aka, I thought we were gonna ignore him.

Technically, I was not feeding one of his threads. I just made a reference of him.
Frankcastle006 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankcastle006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 1:07am
How many hipster trends can they cram into these commercials? It's as if only hipster kids smoke cigarettes. These commercials try to be overly "cool" to relate to kids in order to make them stop smoking. When in reality they're probably made by adults who haven't a grasp on how to relate to kids these days (does anybody?) kids these days are f-king weird
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 1:13am
These commercials make me want to suck down a pack of unfiltereds every time they come on. So patronizing, annoying, and stupid...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

These commercials make me want to suck down a pack of unfiltereds every time they come on. So patronizing, annoying, and stupid...

I suspect the PSAs are made by people who have never smoked (tobacco)!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Commercialsmeh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commercialsmeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 9:56pm
This commercial is a trap...............Ermm

"Life can be like a TV show, but without the commercials"
~Anonymous
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 6:03pm
The husky kid in the first segment of the commercial doesn't really seem like the type that would be invited to too many parties....just an observation.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 8:09pm
This commercial eats!

The way they show it, the people of truth are smoking pot NOT cigarettes!

Smoking cigarettes are evil, what's next a movie called "Tobacco Hell"?DeadDeadDead
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 8:38pm

Young people usually look good smoking.   But the ones in this commercial don't seem to know how to even hold a cigarette.   They look like amateurs.   They need more practice.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 8:58pm
They should have started with pot. Not only do you look really cool holding a joint, but burning your fingers and lips a few times teaches you hold to hold burning things near your face.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 9:44pm

Isn't that what hemostats were made for?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 9:59pm
We used alligator cips when I was a kid.

Swiped them out of science class.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 11:21pm
You soft-handed clip-using types were the "casual" smokers this ad was made for. The people who only smoked when the proper paraphernalia was around. Y'all apparently learned the Truth before you got trapped, and found yourself smoking when there was no clip, stone, or stat around. Before you ended up carrying around a wood dugout box with a brass baseball bat to "sneak-a-toke".

Thumbs Up

Good for you... half-ass weed smokers. LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 11:30pm

^   Naaah.   I remember "shotgunning" people.   That is, placing the burning end of the joint in your mouth, and blowing the smoke out into your friend's mouth. I burned my lips a few times doing that.

Now that I think of it, I really don't know what the purpose of that was.   It was just one of those things you did if you were a real pot-smoker.

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 12:00am
I remember doing that. And you learn real quick that burning the inside of the lips sucks so you're more careful. Paperclips always came in handy, too.

mbaker View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 12:09am
The PSA industry needs to stop what they do, and get the f**k out of our lives. They just don't care how they get their messages across, and if they have to keep stooping to such lows to convince people not to smoke, or do drugs, then maybe we should put them out of business because this crap that they keep pulling off makes them look like hypocrites at this point! Do they honestly think that by doing this crap, they can scare people into living good clean lives?! BULLsh*t!
If it's got wings, i can crash it!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 12:27am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^   Naaah.   I remember "shotgunning" people.   That is, placing the burning end of the joint in your mouth, and blowing the smoke out into your friend's mouth. I burned my lips a few times doing that.

Now that I think of it, I really don't know what the purpose of that was.   It was just one of those things you did if you were a real pot-smoker.

I remember shotgunning, the only benefit I can see is maybe you can blow harder than you can suck, meaning the recipient would get more smoke or... whatever.

Anyone remember gravity bongs? Wacko
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 12:32am
I've heard that called blow-backs. Mind you, this was the UK show, "Skins" so it could be a this side versus that side of the pond thing.

Gravity bongs sound horrendous. A friend of mine knows someone who was prepping to do one and got hit hard on the back....imaginations, activate.

found a clip of the phrase from Skins

Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic