Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"DEEP COUCH CITY" SWIFFER Wet Jet (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoLoSalvatore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "DEEP COUCH CITY" SWIFFER Wet Jet (video)
    Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 5:09am
SWIFFER:
STOP IT.
Just cut this s*it out.
It took me weeks to figure out that "deep couch city" wasn't urban slang for something.
*DING DONG* "GASP, WHAT'S THAT GREEN SWIFFER BOX ON THE FRONT PORCH?!"
Don't get your hopes up...
It's a battery powered plastic purple stick that shoots "cleaner" out of its hard, completely non-porous base, allowing you to push and smear even more dirt than before!
You're welcome.

who the hell needs a mop when Swiffer makes cleaning "kinda fun"?
WHOOO!!
DEEP COUCH CITY HERE I COME!

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 9:20am
This is a must see video for anyone who hates the Swiffer commercials. It's not what you think....

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 9:30am
Just bought my third wetjet. Love it, gets the floors clean more than well enough, and you can even fit the rewashable types of pads on it instead of the disposable ones.

This commercial is saccharine as hell, which is the whole problem with these ads. A cleaning product should be a cleaning product, not a magical fairy-fart that makes life finally worth living.

And methinks if daddy is unable to spend time with his son because of the floor needing cleaning, it's probably more a case of not wanting to than not being able to.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 10:56am
Deep couch 'sitting'.
Esquirej View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esquirej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 9:23pm
My sons would not be trudging mud into my house like that.  Ever heard of a door mat and taking off your shoes? Stern Smile  
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by LoLoSalvatore LoLoSalvatore wrote:

Don't get your hopes up...
It's a battery powered plastic purple stick that shoots "cleaner" out of its hard, completely non-porous base, allowing you to push and smear even more dirt than before!

Yep, streaks and smears, especially if you have white ceramic tile. Maybe it's not so visible on other sorts of floors, but on my floors, it really sucked. I had to clean up the "wet jet" stuff with a spaghetti mop and water.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

This is a must see video for anyone who hates the Swiffer commercials. It's not what you think....

ROFL!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 10:10pm

Deep couch 'sitting'.

yeah but after actually giving this attention today. i can see why the poster came up with the title here
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

ROFL!

its almost sexy
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 10:20pm
Uh, hello! Doesn't anybody put a mat in front of the door anymore?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 7:39pm
This unemployed, part time baby daddy is pissing me off.
"He's always wants to hang out with his friends"

The baby bear speaks better english, what a bunch of freaking bullsh*t.  Angry
Traxan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traxan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 3:59am
Racist much?

The guy has an interesting back story. He's a former Intel executive who went into TV production.

http://www.oregonlive.com/hillsboro/index.ssf/2015/03/hillsboro_actor_and_his_son_fi.html
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 5:48am
An Intel Executive? With a tenth grade education?
I would have guessed 'pro football player with a head injury.'
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Traxan Traxan wrote:

Racist much?

The guy has an interesting back story. He's a former Intel executive who went into TV production.

http://www.oregonlive.com/hillsboro/index.ssf/2015/03/hillsboro_actor_and_his_son_fi.html
I never said anything about his color.

JMHO, A guy that has part time custody of his kid, on some type of welfare.
"That's not good for my back"
That's just how I receive it. Call me what you will.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 3:15pm
They have 2 of these commercials now where they're playing up what I guess is some kinda family in-joke that is meaningless to everyone but the family, and trying to market it as...cute? I dunno what they're really going for, tbh, but "the Tobin stance", "deep couch city"...these aren't things that mean ANYTHING to anyone outside the family so I dunno why they're focusing on them so much as some kinda product selling point.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 9:19pm
Wink...it is 'Deep Couch Sitting'.

I get the impression we are witness to a single dad who Swiffer has come to save because what used to be Mom is kinda tied up in rehab, right about now...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 10:10pm

^ LOL

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic