Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Octopus and Frog Legs...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Octopus and Frog Legs...
    Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 8:51pm
I was at Cleveland's Feast of the Assumption and they sold Frog Legs and Octopus...I didn't have either, but are they any good?
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 9:05pm
Octopus is excellent, but I haven't tried the other, though I do hear good things about it.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 9:10pm
Froglegs and babies taste just like chicken!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 2:30am

Bobcat Goldthwait used to talk about people who insist frog legs taste just like chicken.

"Then why don'tcha get some goddammed chicken? It's the cheapest f*ckin' food in the world!"

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 2:50am
Octopus is great, frog legs? Can take them or leave them. You CAN eat live Octy, but learn how to do it, first (it is actually very dangerous, often with fatal results).
One thing I learned from this wonderful movie was how to eat live Octy:

Another thing this absolutely incredible movie (only the original Korean-version) tried to teach me was to avoid 'Cabin Fever' at all costs...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Froglegs and babies taste just like chicken!

LOLLOL
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Calvin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 1:25am
Also, the French love to eat Escargot, which translates to snails. Frog legs might be delicious, but I think snails would taste gross.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 5:16am
Originally posted by Calvin Calvin wrote:

Also, the French love to eat Escargot, which translates to snails. Frog legs might be delicious, but I think snails would taste gross.

Escargot is snails? Ewwwwwwww!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Calvin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 11:38am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Eew is right. Seems so damn gross.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 1:50pm

LOLYou're 'baiting', Sarge! You'll be the new 'daddy'. Have to provide loving guidance and a last name...and maybe some escargot with melted butter & garlic....eeewwwwwwwwww!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

LOLYou're 'baiting', Sarge! You'll be the new 'daddy'. Have to provide loving guidance and a last name...and maybe some escargot with melted butter & garlic....eeewwwwwwwwww!

Well, not a "new" daddy per se. Each account gets its own unique daddy. That's how alting works.

I'm going to wait until he makes another female account, then I want to be the weird uncle who says inappropriate things.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Well, not a "new" daddy per se. Each account gets its own unique daddy. That's how alting works.

I'm going to wait until he makes another female account, then I want to be the weird uncle who says inappropriate things.
ConfusedYa lost or maybe just tried to take me into a dark corner, which is a 'no no'LOL...now, what is it you would like to explain to me about 'Alting', or 'Aliases', or 'Alternate Indexes', what choice to make when and what it may mean in relation to the overall performance of an application?WinkBig smile
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 4:53pm
I'm just sayin that each alt account has its own personality and back story, so it stands to reason that one of us... "us" being anyone else who isn't one of the alts... can only be related to one of the alts. To be related to more than one alt creates connections, and them's the real no nos in this case.

So...

Since Betty is "new", and hasn't been parented yet, Sarge would just be "daddy" and not "new daddy".

If sarge wants to adopt Donna, however, he could be Donna's "new" daddy.

Though I'm not sure which of us is the daddy on his way out.

If it's me, I'm more than willing to sign him over.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 5:39pm
Octopus: Fried calamari! I only eat a few rings - the rest Beloved devours.

Never had frog's legs and I think it will probably stay that way. Too expensive to order just to try and wind up hating them. If I was somewhere that served them free (wedding?) I'd try one. I think. Depends on the open bar booze consumption!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic