Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Johnny Carson returns on Antenna TV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Johnny Carson returns on Antenna TV
    Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 7:07pm
You frugal 'over the air' TV people have a great old show coming to your lineup.

Tribune Media’s Antenna TV, the multicast digital channel devoted to vintage television shows, will run full-length episodes of “The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson” nightly at 11 p.m. ET/8 p.m. PT starting Jan. 1.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 8:57pm
Been seeing the ads for it.

Cool!!!

Hope it doesn't conflict with some other show I watch.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 9:17pm
I would watch it, that's past my bedtime.

Plus, I have to hook up the antenna, and so forth, which is what I do out here to deal with dual TV viewing.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 10:14pm
Don't you have an A/B switch?

They sell them everywhere.

Different types, etc.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 10:23pm
Yep, the Packer games are usually on the broadcast channels.
I wire a little TV here and put it on the printer so I can see racing and the football game.
videotapeguy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 1:19am
Cool! I get Antenna TV in my area and I recently discovered some funny Carson clips on YouTube.
Back after three years away from here.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 3:08am
Sigh. A subchannel we don't get in Yakima. We get MeTV and This TV and Grit, but no Antenna TV. Would be a treat to see old Johnny Carson shows.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 5:00pm
I get Antenna TV! But, 11:00 is the middle of the night for me! LOL. It's good to know, though, on the off chance I may find myself awake at that hour.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Sigh. A subchannel we don't get in Yakima. We get MeTV and This TV and Grit, but no Antenna TV. Would be a treat to see old Johnny Carson shows.

Write letters (or send emails) to them & ask them to expand into your viewing area!!!!

Get your friends to do so also!!!

Start a campaign!!!!

Get proactive!!!!

C'mon, man!
sunbreak777 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunbreak777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 10:17pm
I love it. There has not been anyone even close to him in talent. I heard someone say that some new late night show was this generation's Johnny Carson, but that's wrong. In his time, Johnny Carson appealed to every generation. No late talk show host can do that today.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 12:17am
I'm excited about The Late Show on CBS with Colbert hosting. I think if anyone today can appeal to both older and younger viewers, it is him.

I preferred Letterman, but he's all done.

I'm hoping Colbert continues with the same or similar style comedy that Letterman did.

Nice to have something that's actually watchable at 11:30 again.

C'mon, man!
mznr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mznr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 2:49pm
You can watch TV without cable. No more problem with wire. Just visit below link

http://www.tvantennas.org/ - www.tvantennas.org/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic