Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buick 24 Hour Test Drive (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buick 24 Hour Test Drive (video)
    Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 6:03pm
I hate the electronic music on ALL of these damned Buick commercials.
24 hour test drive? I'll bet they want to check out your credit before they let you take it away.

I wonder if anyone would be ballsy enough to go run the sh*t out of it with no intent to buy?
I personally would not want to sit down or even share a moment with any of those fkers. (car salespersons)

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 6:11pm
So sick of Buick, so sick of the 'test drive' joke, so tired of the "Alex & Kim or whatever the f you call it" music.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
A.C. Sativa View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 9:52pm
Those are some ugly ass cars too
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 10:38pm
"I'm in the luxury General Motors car known as a Buick!" Nuff said.
Hate the music too. It sounds like electronica and doesn't make me want to buy one of these new 2015 hipster cars.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 1:47am
Thank you so much for posting this about those annoying ads. That electronic "club" Muzak is a great example of the type of noise that so many 20 something listen to. It's not music folks! It's electronic noise, and it takes absolutely no talent whatsoever to create it.
As far as Buick is concerned, I wouldn't drive one of those lousy cars, even if a dealer dropped a set of car keys in my lap!
One man gathers what another man spills
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 5:22pm
When the idiot wife asks hubby who is washing the Buick "What are you doing?" I groan. Years ago we were leaving for a ski weekend and stopped at the kid's apartment to retrieve our tire chains. The idiot manager walked up to the jeep with skis and poles strapped to the roof rack and asked "going skiing"? I couldn't help myself. I answered "No. we're going scuba diving." Hubby should have answered "I'm digging a shallow grave. You'll find out what for when I'm finished."
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

When the idiot wife asks hubby who is washing the Buick "What are you doing?" I groan. Years ago we were leaving for a ski weekend and stopped at the kid's apartment to retrieve our tire chains. The idiot manager walked up to the jeep with skis and poles strapped to the roof rack and asked "going skiing"? I couldn't help myself. I answered "No. we're going scuba diving." Hubby should have answered "I'm digging a shallow grave. You'll find out what for when I'm finished."

I've done the same. I got off work one day, but a friend of mine was on for another 30 minutes and we were going out afterwards, so I just stayed up there to wait on her(my home was a 25 minute drive away). At one point, one of the other employees came up and asks "Are you still here?", and I just reply "No, I left 30 minutes ago, this is just a figment of your imagination".
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 3:30pm
I do like the idea of a 24 hour test drive....but no it would never be a Buick.
I can only image the paperwork involved before you take it home for a day.

AND....THAT. DAMN. INSPID. SONG! It really is perhaps one of the worst jingles, background noise - whatever you call it - on TV today.  On the bright side, if they ditched the "THATS NOT A BUICK!" ad...well that's a slight improvement I guess. 

AmishCake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmishCake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 7:58am
OMG how I hate these Buick commercials. The one where the stoopid people "couldn't find" the Buick was even worse, but it had the same music playing as this one and I hate that song! I scramble for the remote when it comes on and hit the mute button as fast as I can. That damn music gets stuck in my head every time and I want to scream. They couldn't even get a new song for this test drive commercial. Kill me now.   
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 3:04pm
"I'm in the Buick!"
Hate these commercials, especially that dubstep/dance/techno/whateveryoucallit crap that plays in the background.

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 4:37am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I wonder if anyone would be ballsy enough to go run the sh*t out of it with no intent to buy?
I personally would not want to sit down or even share a moment with any of those fkers. (car salespersons)

Watch the test drive scene from "Used Cars" (1980) to see how it should be done... Big smile
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 10:32pm
The Buick ad with teen couple about to go out while the girl's dad is shaking his head, pisses me off. That dad looks like a grown up frat boy. That type frat boy type of man is annoying no matter what age they are, because they continually act like frat boys!
One man gathers what another man spills
treos View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 12:49am
hmmm...i wonder how many potential thefts have happened as a result of this.
crash1984 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 6:18am

Reminds me of a few months ago. One night I was walking to my car to go to work when I fell and dislocated my knee-cap. I went to the doctor and they gave me a knee brace to wear a couple of weeks mainly so I would be able to walk a little easier.

One day I was in Family Dollar and there was someone in front of me who I would say was probably on some type of drugs. Anyway he was aggrivating the cashier about a phone he had bought and eventually the cashier said she could not help him and had other things to do.

As he was leaving he asked was something wrong with my knee and it was tempting to say "No I am just wearing this knee brace since it is this seasons latest fashion accessory."
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 3:41pm

Off-topic
Another little joke you might enjoy.

Scene:
A little boy at a playground eating some candy, while being approached by a play-mate's Mom.

Adult: (Speaking to boy) "Are you going to eat that whole bag of candy?"
Boy: "Yes"

Adult: "You know, it's not healty to eat so much candy!"
Boy: "Well, I'll have you know my grandmother lived to be 102."

Adult: "And did she eat a lot of candy?"
Boy: "No, but she minded her own f*ckin' business!"

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 11:25pm

When the idiot wife asks hubby who is washing the Buick "What are you doing?"
She wants to take the Buick "test shopping" - for some new high heels while checking out it's torque ratio. Then slam it into a tree.....
LuckyStrike1932 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyStrike1932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 1:15am
WHY WOULD YOU WASH THE CAR? "Hey! I'm gonna bring this car straight home, perform some manual labour, then take it right back!"
A Millennial View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Millennial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 6:35pm
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks hand washing a car is taking up sweet time you can use to do whatever you wanted with that 24 hrs... so stupid.

The Buzz View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Buzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 3:09am

ROARING !!!   IN TEARS !!!    re-read it 3 times and still on my lips !

Thanks !
The Buzz View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Buzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 3:16am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Off-topic
Another little joke you might enjoy.

Scene:
A little boy at a playground eating some candy, while being approached by a play-mate's Mom.

Adult: (Speaking to boy) "Are you going to eat that whole bag of candy?"
Boy: "Yes"

Adult: "You know, it's not healty to eat so much candy!"
Boy: "Well, I'll have you know my grandmother lived to be 102."

Adult: "And did she eat a lot of candy?"
Boy: "No, but she minded her own f*ckin' business!"

OK YOU AND sgtrock OWE ME A NEW LAPTOP ! JUST LAUGH-SNOTTED BEER ONTO MY DELL AND IT CRASHED !
The Buzz View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Buzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 3:30am
Just for fun... lets test-trash this puppy...

Go to the local fish monger. Get a pan load of guts. Disassemble the heating system and fill it with the entrails. take it back and decline the buy.

This should happen around July or Aug. for best results. And lets hope it sits on the lot for a week or so with windows rolled up.

The Buzz_____________________________________________________________
Why is the news always full of people doing things they shouldn't do?
Kool_Kat View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kool_Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 12:13pm

Good one! Wink

I really hate that one - especially when wifey replies "Let me know when your done because I'm taking it "test shopping."

Test shopping? So, I "guess" the wife will "pretend" to buy not needed stuff and then "pretend" to max out the credit cards? 

"Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising." - Mark Twain
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Kool_Kat Kool_Kat wrote:

Good one! Wink

I really hate that one - especially when wifey replies "Let me know when your done because I'm taking it "test shopping."

Test shopping? So, I "guess" the wife will "pretend" to buy not needed stuff and then "pretend" to max out the credit cards? 
If she's anything like my ex she will not be pretending.Wink
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 2:48pm
Oh boy. Black Friday is a week away, and would you (not) be surprised, there's that Buick ad with the crappy electronica "music." Seen it way too many times, muted it way too many times.

-crainbebo
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 7:51pm
I wonder how many people check out a Buick for a 24 hour test drive that fails to last 24 hours because they total the car?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic