Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yoplait "25% Less Sugar"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

My wife absolutely detests the blueberry one. Every time it comes on, she's like "shut the f**k up before I knock that fake accent out of you, along with those teeth." Funny thing is, she thought the chick was trying to do German or asian, or a mix of both. LOL That's how bad the accent is. I'll have to show her the strawberry one as a little video "surprise". Evil Smile

The accent sounds somewhat Scandinavian but different. Finnish? I served with Finns but they don't talk much. Doesn't really matter since 100% of yogurt commercials are annoying. 99% of all commercials are annoying with the 1% becoming annoying fairly quickly.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 5:03pm

^ Yep. I thought she was Swedish or something like that, at first. I think I mentioned this earlier. She has that Scandinavian sing-songy thing going on.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by variability variability wrote:

Um. You do know that the voice over is actually done by a French woman...
LOL<span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 24px;">  </span>Clap<span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 24px;"> </span><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 24px;"> </span>Big smile
<p ="google_elide" style="padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size: 16px; font-stretch: normal; line-height: 24px; vertical-align: line; overflow: ; color: rgb51, 51, 51; margin: 16px 0px 0px !imant;">"As a nod to Yoplait's French heritage, we wanted a real French voice to narrate the work. We didn't want an American pretending to do a funny French voice . . . her name is Julie, she's French, and she owns a sock shop up the street."

<p ="google_elide" style="padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: normal; vertical-align: line; overflow: ; margin: 16px 0px 0px !imant;">[COLOR="#333333" face="Georgia, serif"]<span style="font-size: 16px; line-height: 24px;"]http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/ad-day-wk-gets-yoplait-back-touch-its-adorable-french-side-165140</span][/COLOR]

French. Ummm OK. It must be a regional thing. I have experienced French people speaking French, French people speaking English, and French people speaking French who are capable of speaking excellent English but choose not to because they are well... French. Also French Canadians speaking French and English, and Cajuns speaking French, English, and a mixture of both. Nothing resembling Julie's accent. There have been times viewing Monty Python and Benny Hill I could have used subtitles and a couple of times in our Southern and Northeastern states I could have used an interpreter.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 12:55am
I don't want to sound mean, but now that I think of it she sounds like she has Down Syndrome. I know a few people with Downs that have that same way of talking, like not really finishing the word. There's something off about her and it isn't her French accent.
Sthelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sthelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 12:21am
I don't care what Yoplait says...that's Lisa Kudrow.   She's married to a Frenchman, she speaks French and she's done other Yoplait commercials.

That commercial finally drove me freaking batty enough to post instead of just read how annoyed other people are by crappy commercials!
Dazycake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazycake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 4:47am
Fyi:
http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/ad-day-wk-gets-yoplait-back-touch-its-adorable-french-side-165140
Dazycake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazycake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 4:48am
It's not Lisa Kudro.
It's not a fake accent.
Easy to look up the facts.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 5:46am
Maybe there is some new additive in the "25% less sugar" Yoplait that affects speech.  That would explain everything.  Wink  Just sayin'...  LOL
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Sthelina Sthelina wrote:

I don't care what Yoplait says...that's Lisa Kudrow. 

Seriously?

Yeah, no... I totally see it.  Wink
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
rickhamilton620 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickhamilton620 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 2:35am
Leave it to me Googling "weird ass Yoplait ad" to bring me back here. :lol:

It's annoying as hell...the hipster quirky sh*t drips from it.
booboo12 on NBR :D ;)
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 7:54am
I agree with Darth. The Yoplait woman looks nothing like Lisa Kudrow. The Yoplait woman looks much more like Audrey Hepburn than Lisa Kudrow. She even has the quirky Audrey thing going on. If you had said they are using a woman who slightly resembles Audrey Hepburn to push Yoplait, it would have been so much more acceptable than mentioning Lisa Kudrow. Edit. The Yoplait woman's name is Phoebe Neidhart. Sure, Lisa played a woman named Phoebe on Friends, but that's where the comparison ends.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

I agree with Darth.

No... NO... NO...NO... NO!!!

Bad Donna! Stop agreeing with me.

"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 5:40pm
^LOLLOL

It is NOT Lisa Kudrow!!

Phoebe Neidhardt
Actor/Actress - Plays Woman

lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 3:39pm
totally agree. this commercial is cringe worthy. accent is terrible but the worst is the tag at the end when she does an awful sing song "yoplait". will never buy this product again because commercial makes me nauseous
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 1:51am
Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

I don't want to sound mean, but now that I think of it she sounds like she has Down Syndrome. I know a few people with Downs that have that same way of talking, like not really finishing the word. There's something off about her and it isn't her French accent.

Funny you should mention that. Thinking the same thing. She does sound "touched." No offense to my French friends but, the French accent along with most of the NYC and New England Accents are grating like fingernails against the chalk board. And this voice his shrill and annoying. She reminds me of a challanged hipster lipstick Lesbian with a French accent.
I approve this message.
TerriGtoo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerriGtoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 6:01am
If all French women talk like that, I never want to visit France!
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 6:06am
I usually like women with French accents, but this sounds like marble mouth gibberish. If this is a french accent, then my pet tribble poops gold nuggets.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 9:06pm
I was in a class with 2 French girls years ago, and this one on the commercial sounds pretty much like they did. I read that the voiceover is done by a French-speaking woman, so I guess this IS what it should sound like. Wink
SharonB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SharonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 5:57pm
Wow, then she's really French? That's how French people talk? Not like any French person I've every heard. But the ones I know all speak English very well so I guess I shouldn't compare. 

Just goes to show that real French people can be annoying as f*ck as well as the phony ones!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 8:38pm
^I spent part of my youth growing up in France, along return trips to their fabled country later in life, for professional purposes. We let them live for a reason - not only are some of them nice (even though they weren't familiar with the fine arts of bathing, shaving (women), and using deodorant), they are also excellent cooks and I like good food. Leave 'em alone (and besides being kinda cute, doncha know, she reminds me of someone...(see 'thoughts' at this clicky to see SheWee Herman===>>>Direct Link To This Post).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 12:40am
PaWolf, I don't think it's still true that the French don't bathe enough or use deodorant. I don't know how old you are, you say you spent part of your youth in France, but I'm guessing I'm older than you or maybe around the same age. I spent extensive time in different countries of Europe (not France, though) over a period of 25 years, and I noticed a big difference in personal hygiene in that span of time. Shaving, though, as you say, wasn't done on such a grand scale as here in the US, it's more of cultural thing, I guess. Americans seem to be repulsed more by body hair than most other cultures.Wink
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 8:48pm
I saw this commercial a couple of times last night and automatically muted it. F off Yoplait and your French hipster idiot!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
sjchevalier07 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjchevalier07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 2:18am
A freakin' horrible and annoying commercial. And there's SUBTITLES! WHY?!?!?
SJames View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 6:06am
Finally, a commercial that I legitimately hate vs. just mildly annoying me. Can't stand the chick, her stupid whatever-that's-supposed-to-be accent, her boy haircut, the hipster quirkiness, any of it. A truly awful commercial. Yoplait has even disabled the comments section on these highly downvoted ads because they were getting slammed for them.

"I'll make it a point to buy another brand."
"will never buy this product again because commercial makes me nauseous"

Yeah, that might be overreacting a little too much right there... LOL

Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 3:13pm
Yo-PLAIT!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic