Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New OTA Subchannel launces -- BUZZR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New OTA Subchannel launces -- BUZZR
    Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 2:37pm
For all you cable-cutters, more good news, as BUZZR TV network launched yesterday. Classic TV Game Shows. So far, not a Liberty Mutual commercial yet. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzzr

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 3:14pm
I'm always happy to see a new free channel, but I doubt I'll be watching old game shows.

Supposedly this channel launched here in my area yesterday, but I'm not getting it on my TV yet.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 3:53pm
Over/Under on how long it takes the car named Brad to show up on this station. Wink
Hellen View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 5:03pm
You may have to re-scan if your TV doesn't "auto" scan. From what I understand, it is a FOX sub-channel, so it should be close to an existing FOX channel

Looks like they will be following the old GSN format, putting the oldest (and greatest) game shows (TTTT, old TPIR, "Beat the Clock", etc.) on very late-night after midnight. Looks like I'll be up late tonight! Love those old B&W game shows!!

Nary a car named Brad yet!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 5:13pm
^I liked 'Whats My Line?'
Hope they toss in some old commercials...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hellen View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 9:34pm
Haven't seen any of those yet, but they have let the credits run to where you see some of those old participation prizes that were awarded...some of them are a real hoot. "A PUSH BUTTON TUNING TELEVISION SET!!" (instead of dials for tuning, it had push buttons.) The B&W shows will have some old commercials embedded, I think, but you have to stay up 'til 3:00a.m. or so to catch those....

I've had it on since this morning, a few repeat shows so far, but still none of the car insurance commercials we hate so much :) Old school "Let's Make a Deal" is on tonight, with Monty Haul! I also saw a gem of a game show that I have never seen before...."Child's Play" hosted by Bill Cullen, never in my life have I seen that one...so far, so good!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Hellen Hellen wrote:

You may have to re-scan if your TV doesn't "auto" scan. From what I understand, it is a FOX sub-channel, so it should be close to an existing FOX channel.

Yep, you were right.

Auto scanned it & not only did I pick up BUZZR, but I snared a few more I wasn't getting.

Kinda odd because I haven't had this TV very long & had scanned it a couple of times since I've owned it.

Now I'm gonna get a new antenna. Been using a homemade one with a signal booster for the last few years & it works really well, but I want a nice store bought one now.

Think I'm gonna go for this one:

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 10:59pm
Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh....brings back memories of watching the Gameshow Network and Speedvision way back in 1999 at my late uncle's house in New Jersey!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Hellen View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 12:53am
That looks like a sweet pickup, reminds me of the rigs my Dad used to hang on top of his 50 foot radio tower to pick up short wave, back when you could erect those types of things in your back yard.

Nowadays, the NSA/FBI/etc. would be crawling all up an down that type of rig. Get it as high as you can and put a directional on it...I'm lucky, I can pick up most all of them with just a flat antenna in the house, but I'm just a mile from transponders here in DFW....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Hellen Hellen wrote:

That looks like a sweet pickup, reminds me of the rigs my Dad used to hang on top of his 50 foot radio tower to pick up short wave, back when you could erect those types of things in your back yard.

Nowadays, the NSA/FBI/etc. would be crawling all up an down that type of rig. Get it as high as you can and put a directional on it...I'm lucky, I can pick up most all of them with just a flat antenna in the house, but I'm just a mile from transponders here in DFW....

The homemade antenna I've been using for the past few years is based on the same basic design as that one in the pic.

I have it mounted outside on a 20' pole & I run it through a signal amplifier. Works great. Fortunately, around here, the majority of the broadcast towers for all the major local stations are clustered fairly near each other on the same end of town, so I can just point it that way & get every station I want to get.

And I get a bunch of them, too!!!

I really don't even need that new antenna, I just want it for some reason.

C'mon, man!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 5:34am
Only stations owned by Fox Television Stations (mostly the My Network TV stations like KCOP and WWOR) get BUZZR. Markets where Fox is not an O&O station do not get BUZZR...yet.
Looking at the schedule for Buzzr TV, it's similar to Game Show Network circa 2000-2001. No Price reruns, but I do see Child's Play, Let's Make a Deal, classic To Tell the Truth, What's My Line?, Match Game, Body Language, etc.
E/I shows are the usual stuff - Animal Rescue and Dog Tales. If only they could have gotten Gladiators 2000 for E/I credit...
I also see Monster Garage on the lineup Sunday nights. ???

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 5:50am
I'm wondering if they run The Dating Game & The Newlywed Game.

And old Truth or Consequences with Bob Barker.

I would find it strange to sit & watch old game show reruns, but obviously a lot of people like to.

C'mon, man!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Kinda odd because I haven't had this TV very long & had scanned it a couple of times since I've owned it.

Now I'm gonna get a new antenna. Been using a homemade one with a signal booster for the last few years & it works really well, but I want a nice store bought one now.

Friend of mine showed me his Clear TV antenna this afternoon. Channel scan picked up none of those new channels mentioned but Richmond is always last to get new ones.
The reception was great. At $20, it's hard to beat.
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I'm wondering if they run The Dating Game & The Newlywed Game.

And old Truth or Consequences with Bob Barker.

I would find it strange to sit & watch old game show reruns, but obviously a lot of people like to.

Not yet...it's only shows owned by Fremantle, so mostly Mark Goodson(-Bill Todman) productions like Family Feud and Match Game. They also have Let's Make a Deal, also owned by Fremantle.
The poster formerly known as producer757
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic