Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New KFC Ads with the Colonel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 10:48am
*sets out the soap box so it's ready*
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Sponsored Links

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 1:40pm
Aww, come on.  It's not the fault of the adholes that came up with the piece of crap.  Probably, none of them are even old enough to remember the original Colonel or even that at one time, it was named Kentucky Fried Chicken.
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 7:14pm
[/QUOTE]

dont know which is worse, the live action colonel sanders, or a crappy creepy orville redenbacker.

[/QUOTE]

WHAT the hell is that? I've never seen that one before and I never want to see it again. I'm going to have nightmares!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 8:06pm
I heard on the news that both Taco Bell and Pizza Hut are eliminating artificial ingredients from their products. They are part of the Yum Corporation, as is KFC. No word yet if KFC will eliminate artificial crap from its products which leads me to believe, one of those original 16 secret herbs and spices is probably msg or embalming fluid or something equally delicious.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 8:07pm
As if the real Orville wasn't bad enough.
I don't think Redenbacher actually owned the company thta made the popcorn for most of the years that he was doing their ads. So, either they had permission from Redenbacher's estate/family to do that..in which case his family must be assholes who were hard up for money...or they didm't have permission, which makes whichever conglomerate that owns the company the assholes.

As for the 'new' Colonel, it's Derrell Hammond, from 'SNL'(known for doing Bill Clinton impressions after Hartman's death, AKA, 'Monica-era' Bill Clinton). Hammond also took over as 'SNL's announcer last year, after Don Pardo's death...and, more often than not, he was standing in for Pardo even before DP passed away, so 'playing a dead guy' is no stretch for Hammond.
At least these ads are an improvement on the 'animated Colonel' a few years ago, voiced by Randy Quaid(where is he now?)
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

I heard on the news that both Taco Bell and Pizza Hut are eliminating artificial ingredients from their products. They are part of the Yum Corporation, as is KFC. No word yet if KFC will eliminate artificial crap from its products which leads me to believe, one of those original 16 secret herbs and spices is probably msg or embalming fluid or something equally delicious.

LOL
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

What ever happened to:

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 3:03pm
Not everyone is happy about these ads, I found another one that's even more obnoxious.

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by BrianO BrianO wrote:

As for the 'new' Colonel, it's Derrell Hammond, from 'SNL'

Bleah. Never liked him. Never will. Thumbs Down
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by BrianO BrianO wrote:

As if the real Orville wasn't bad enough.
I don't think Redenbacher actually owned the company thta made the popcorn for most of the years that he was doing their ads. So, either they had permission from Redenbacher's estate/family to do that..in which case his family must be assholes who were hard up for money...or they didm't have permission, which makes whichever conglomerate that owns the company the assholes.

As for the 'new' Colonel, it's Derrell Hammond, from 'SNL'(known for doing Bill Clinton impressions after Hartman's death, AKA, 'Monica-era' Bill Clinton). Hammond also took over as 'SNL's announcer last year, after Don Pardo's death...and, more often than not, he was standing in for Pardo even before DP passed away, so 'playing a dead guy' is no stretch for Hammond.
At least these ads are an improvement on the 'animated Colonel' a few years ago, voiced by Randy Quaid(where is he now?)

I won't doubt the Orville Redenbacker company will have a replacement like they do with the Colonel!

Yes...that Darryl Hammond! Who will he voice next, Scrooge McDuck for the new Ducktales?
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 11:48pm
These are SO BAD! Anyone old enough to remember the real Colonel has to be insulted, and anyone too young to remember are probably saying "Who is this old fart?"

Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
MrPink View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 12:51am
Originally posted by BadAd BadAd wrote:

Many of us here in the Southland remember that the ol' Colonel was based on the stereotype of a plantation owner cooling his heels on the verandah with a mint julep whilst the Irish thug overseer whupped the niggrahs ova yondah in the cotton fields. Nobody wins.

i want to see the irish thug overseer get his own fastfood chain restaurant........hmmm, what should we call it. LOL
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 3:26am
I don't know why but I suddenly have a craving for fried chicken!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 9:51am
Don't forget your big ol' coookie.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Not everyone is happy about these ads, I found another one that's even more obnoxious.

Don't think they thought this analogy through.

Are they saying their chicken is as good as baseball is corruption-free?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 7:09pm
^Just another stupid joke from a stupid campaign.

There are more, I'm only posting as I see them, these really suck chicken nuts. Makes you want some chicken fries, right?   LOL

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 7:13pm
Ask any lifeguard and she'll tell you nothing's creepier than a zombie fast food mascot looking up your seat and sticking his bird in your face.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 7:19pm
Yeah,  LOL  Some creepy old man with greasy fingers, I'm sure that's what every hot, young lifeguard wants.  We are getting 'Donna' creepy here.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 8:50pm
I don't how much of this "colonel" I can take!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 9:25pm
Wow! This is so remarkably tasteless. Can't the corporation which runs KFC respect the man who founded that franchise? He died way back in the 1970's, so why can't they leave his memory back then.
One man gathers what another man spills
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 9:57pm
Hers a funny thought.

I read somewhere that somebody in their youth mistaken the strings under the head illustration on the sign. As the body for the colonel. So you can picture this a big headed colonel with a little stick body!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 5:29am
If they want to show the Colonel, why not show this classic from 1969:

Agreed - using the late Colonel Sanders is a bit of an insult today. He's probably rolling in his grave as we speak.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 6:55am
AdTards being incomprehensibly stupid. Nothing new to see here. Move along.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
diezman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diezman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 8:30am
The real Colonel Sanders seemed like a down-to-earth nice guy. The faux Colonel seems like a preverted old creep - check out the laugh in one of the new commercials. 
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 1:32pm
Great minds think alike.... I clicked on this thread to suggest that the KFC Ad execs should have just aired a commercial from the real Colonel Sanders circa late 60's/early 70's, as it would have been better than this creepy current impersonation, but you beat me to the punch.....
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic