Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ABC "Astronaut Wives Club" promo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Minx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ABC "Astronaut Wives Club" promo
    Posted: 26 May 2015 at 5:13am
Irrespective of what I think of the merits of this show (which isn't much), this Meghan Trainor tripe playing in the promo has absolutely nothing in any way whatsoever to do with it. It is, rather, a lame attempt by ABC to capitalize on the mindless state of those who would associate a "popular" song with a hot new TV show. Not a new practice, to be sure. I just can't stand hearing this pop sh*t in every stinking commercial now even when it has nothing to do with what's being peddled.

Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 2:58pm
They can make a "Soap Opera" out of any subject. Yay.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
noskcaj View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noskcaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Joe Minx Joe Minx wrote:

Irrespective of what I think of the merits of this show (which isn't much), this Meghan Trainor tripe playing in the promo has absolutely nothing in any way whatsoever to do with it. It is, rather, a lame attempt by ABC to capitalize on the mindless state of those who would associate a "popular" song with a hot new TV show. Not a new practice, to be sure. I just can't stand hearing this pop sh*t in every stinking commercial now even when it has nothing to do with what's being peddled.

Agree. As for the show, looks like a sexy and hip retrospective of the late 50s/early 60s. Worked for PanAm. Cancelled! ABC is just rolling out the exact same thing. Same thing with NBC's The Playboy Cub. The 60s are over. 18-34 year olds aren't going to watch and that's who ad people target. I see lots of Buick commercials being featured on this show.
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 2:43pm
Looks like they bought the set from "Mad Men." Unfortunately the busty redhead wasn't included. 
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic