Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Jake From Planet State Farm" (Coneheads)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Jake From Planet State Farm" (Coneheads)
    Posted: 24 May 2015 at 9:52pm
They are really milking "Jake."
Never found the old SNL skit comical. This is just goofy.

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 10:21pm
I posted this in the 'talk' section.

I thought it was just a spoof but it aired here just yesterday.
Like you said, just plain goofy.

Autumn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 10:34pm
I don't hate it, to be honest. I've never seen the SNL coneheads thing so maybe that helps, lol. 
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 11:07pm
Instead of State Farm trying to be comical, they got conical.  LOL

I really don't understand why an insurance company would resurrect a late 70s skit from a comedy show to sell their insurance.  The adtards should put down the crack pipe, lay off the sauce and just stop this inane silliness.  Are they trying to alienate their audience of potential victims customers?
diezman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diezman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 11:56pm
This is one commercial that I actually likeSmile
Fotno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fotno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 6:42pm
This one made me laugh the first time I saw it, in a week I'll be cussing as I reach for the mute. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 7:15pm

I like this one, too.  I like that it's a remake of the usual one.

LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 8:45pm
I think this one is funny. I hate the original with the bitchy wife.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 9:11pm
LOL this ones growing on me, slowly.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 10:43pm
Add me to the "like it" list, too.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 3:07am
WinkI may be one of the few that saw the genius of the original, which I've always liked...then only the other day did I see this one - and I love it.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Kris L. Walker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris L. Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 2:19am
I prefer this version over the original. The wife in the original is just a nag, but Prymaat is just ten times funnier than the original wife ever will be.
Back from an unexpected hiatus. Time to rip ads a new one all over again.
NomoFlo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoFlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 1:33am
Count me in as liking it!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 7:36pm
Did they really get Dan Akroyd back to do this?

Looks almost like he did in the movie!
Tennis, Anyone? View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tennis, Anyone? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 4:40am
Maybe there's something wrong with me, but I think the Jake from Planet State Farm commercial is the funniest thing on television. It's a heck of a lot better than any commercial with the hideous "Flo" in it, or anything Liberty Mutual produces -- detested their stupid stupid stupid "You're only human" commercial.

Regardless, State Farm's rates are expensive. I was way overpaying for years. Now I have The Hartford. Awesome customer service and no-hassle claims process. No, I don't work for them. 
Tennis Nut
treos View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 4:33pm
dunno why they started going with the cone heads stuff (pretty good movies)but imo this is one case where the new version is a big improvement over the original...even if it just replacing the actors with old movie characters.

i don't even remember when i last saw those movies now that i think of it.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 6:56pm
Like the original SNL skits the commercial quickly deteriorates from amusing to annoying. Although completely out of "Conehead" character "Jane you ignorant slut" would have thoroughly cracked me up.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic