Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who here sleeps right?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who here sleeps right?
    Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 4:54am
I know that this might sound like a Donathan thread, but A: It's not. And B: I'm actually serious and curious. I always see the same people on here throughout the night and day. So I'm starting to wonder if others have issues sleeping, or if it's the new normal to only sleep a couple hours at a whack. I sleep around 2 to 3 hours a day, but there are times where I don't sleep for days. That's where the puns start. Wink
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 5:04am
I get my fair share of sleep.

Probably around 5 to 7 hours a night on average.

Sometimes I'll doze off in the afternoon.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 5:41am

No matter what time I go to bed, I get up around 4:30 ot 5.  Maybe I'll catch 1/2 hour during the day.  I guess I average 5 hours of sleep a day.

But 2-3 hours, i8??!!  You need to correct that.  People need sleep, and at least 7 hours is recommended.  Try Tylenol PM, maybe.  It's worked for me when I've needed it.

As far as being on CIH...I open up a tab in the AM, and often keep it open all day, even when I'm out of the house.  I always close it down before I go to bed, so I'm never logged in during sleep hours.  

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 6:52am
So anywhere between 5-7 hours? You guys are lucky. I was just wondering because I always seem to see the same names up throughout the night. I didn't factor in the extra tabs that are opened to this site. I do the same, but I am almost always awake. As far as Tylenol PM or anything like that, I can't take them with the medications that I am already on. Angry I'm on two extra medications just to help me sleep. But they are hit or miss. 

Thank you for your input. I do get curious sometimes. .Wink

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 7:38am
I was out the door at 3am with both of my most recent jobs, drink some coffee, build a fire.
I don't need a fire today but I still get up early just out of habit, the wife was still up when I got up yesterday. She has trouble sleeping sometimes, much more than I do. 
 This morning I was awakened by some heavy rain, I was supposed to check the sump pump yesterday but I forgot, the ground must have dried because with this rain, the pump is running again. 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 9:50am
Ooh. Sump pumps have an evil sound sound sometimes. Especially when not heard or run in a while. Our last place had one that the float wasn't adjusted right. It was screened and it made that creepy wet mud sucking sound.  I wake up to any little sound that doesn't fit. No fire to light, no routine. Just awake. I can be in a dead sleep, but when some sound doesn't fit, I'm awake for the day. My cat has discovered this and has decided that me being in a good mood, or me giving her extra food when she still has some left, doesn't matter. She's lucky she's cute. 

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 2:19pm
Melatonin pills and chamomile tea are two very good remedies to ensure a decent, natural night of sleep. I sometimes combine the two, and the rest is blissful.
I usually get approximately 6 to 8 hours of sleep every night.
One man gathers what another man spills
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 3:00pm
Of course, you could always just drink yourself unconscious with booze...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 3:11pm
6-8 hours, give or take.
I have 168 characters remaining.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 3:50pm
6 or so hours a night, depending on what time the furkids decide I need to be awake.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Melatonin pills and chamomile tea are two very good remedies to ensure a decent, natural night of sleep. I sometimes combine the two, and the rest is blissful.
I usually get approximately 6 to 8 hours of sleep every night.

I forgot about melatonin pills. I haven't taken them in years. I'll have to try them again. Chamomile has never really helped. Although I could probably try kava tea again. That used to help. Forgot about that too. Thanks for reminding me of the natural "drugs" versus the chemicals that I'm on now. 

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Of course, you could always just drink yourself unconscious with booze...

That's what I do sometimes. I take 200mg of Seroquil and 100mg of Trazodone to sleep but they are hit or miss. Alcohol has almost a100% success rate. But Jimmy reminded me about natural remedies that I should try. Although alcohol is natural...

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 7:27pm
All I need is about 6 hours, if I sleep longer, that's just comfy time.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 12:08am
Depends how tired I am. Sleeping straight through the night, maybe 4-5 hours. Accumulated sleep(I hear that counts)7-8 hours. On a work night, as soon as I hit the recliner and wanna watch something good, I fall asleep and wake up during the 11:00 news. Never fails.
Sometimes I awake at 4 or 5am and can't get back to sleep so I turn on the weather channel, feed the cat and read whatever I'm reading at the time.

Posting @ CIH. There isn't anything on any message board important enough for me to start my desktop for that early in the a.m.   
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 5:18am
Quote I sleep around 2 to 3 hours a day, but there are times where I don't sleep for days.

You may have a vitamin D deficiency.  And lay off the Jolt cola.  Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic